WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Golden Voice..

Go down 
+4
Elvis in Kent
eselvisfan
jason
spirit of elvis
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2007-11-15

Golden Voice.. Empty
PostSubject: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 3:00 pm

I received a comerciall from Golden Voice.
I listen to it, but the opening song, i dint realy like, it sounded kinda out of tone.. (but maybe that is just me) scratch
I also think it is veeeeery expensive, 198,- dollars!!!!! affraid
Do you think it is worth it?
I think there are many other karaoke versions, as good, if not better, for a much better price.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Golden Voice.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 2:09 pm

Well, i receive a mail from them 4 times, as a comirciall, so i wrote back, that they dont have to sent it so many times, and that i think it is way to expencive.
This is what he answerd:

That's all right!!People who buy this ,know that quality cost!And it is a fraction of what you must pay whne you go in studio to make a single track!You probably do not know anything about quality..you probably buy those cheap tracks,because you belong to that class.It is ok,no problem,and I understand that this site and album is not at any interest for you.WE have now blocked your e-mail,so we will not have the trouble of you any longer waisting our time. KGolden Voice

Good service, Golden Voice!!
It's a fackt that the beginning tune, is way to slow!
Back to top Go down
Wayne Alonzo
Knocking On Gracelands Door
Wayne Alonzo

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2007-07-30

Golden Voice.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 2:40 pm

Essie, that's a pretty disgusting reply from Golden voice. He's probably ticked off because Johnny is better at singing than him.

That intro to That's Allright is way out of tune. Here's my thoughts on the rest:

still not fixed the percussion on Polk Salad Annie.

Rubbish female backings on How Great Thou Art

Just Pretend is the boring studio version

The beginning of You Don't Have To Say You Love Me is insipid compared to the kingtracks version.

Instruments are all wrong on start of Wonder Of You (Should be Kettle drum roll and strings)

Make The World Go Away is all over the place

Lack of correct ending on Hurt

-----------------------------

Sweet Caroline is the only one that's better than what I'm currently using.

The followiing are also worth getting:

Patch It Up

Walk A Mile
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvistribute.biz
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Golden Voice.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 2:48 pm

I've not recieved my copy from goldenvoice yet but will do a review of my finding's when i get it.

I'm sure if theres a way to get a better sound from them then Wayne's ya man lol.

Paul.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
spirit of elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
spirit of elvis

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2007-08-16

Golden Voice.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 2:48 pm

wow that is disgraceful essie! we should go on strike against golden voices new disk, im of the same opinion of you and wayne about the qaulity of them. kjell isnt gonna get himself anywere with them comments apart from get himself disliked.
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Golden Voice.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 3:05 pm

I just think as ETA's should help eachother out..
Not rip eachother off.
And to me, that is just my opinion, i realy think there is as good, if not better quality out there for a much better price!
By the way, he says we use the cheap tracks, that is not true!
And i also think it is not fair of him to talk about low class.
Johnny dint write that mail!!!!
Now saying Johnny has low class, sorry but to me it says more about him, then it says about Johnny.
I think Johnny and i are always willing to help people, and respect people, so he dos not deserve that.
Also i think Johnny sings very good, just natural.
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Golden Voice.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 3:11 pm

I am sorry you guys, i was so upsad, i forgot to thank you for youre reaction. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
jason
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
jason

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-12-11

Golden Voice.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 5:53 pm

tut, tut, to golden voice. ive been listening to the new samples of TTWII cd. i have to say that a few of them don't sound that great. I have to agree with patch it up & sweet Caroline sound good much better than the slow versions on my music meastro ones. perhaps it would be better to them as single tracks rather than the whole album. and i also think they are a tad pricey to be fair . i remember buying Music meastro pack (27 cds) for about £200 and GV is like 198 dollers for just 1 cd. My piont is are they really that much better for the money they are asking.
Back to top Go down
Elvis in Kent
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Elvis in Kent

Number of posts : 226

Golden Voice.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 7:04 pm

OK - time to stick up for Golden Voice!
95% of my performance backing tracks are GV - and I'm sure that is the same with a lot of serious ETA's out there.
I have bought King Tracks and Maestro but do not use any of them anymore for a live playback show.
Kjell set out, a few years back to produce full concert sounding backing tracks for the professional ETA.
Those that know him will know that he is a perfectionist in whatever he does and that certainly applies to his backing tracks.
Bespoke tracks such as the ones provided by GV are not cheap to produce. Ask Steve Preston!
Studio time, sound/mixer engineers, musicians, singers and marketing highlight just a few of the costs, I'm sure there are plenty more.
Up until now the results that Kjell has produced have been excellent and many ETA's across the world have benefitted from his efforts.
I will reserve judgement on his latest release until I receive my copy of the full album.
As for ETA's helping each other out, well I agree in principle with this, but Golden Voice is a business and I do not think that approx £100 is expensive for twenty or so backing tracks that would be used in a show that most of us would be charging £500 to perform in!
Clearly, Kjell has kicked back at critizism which he obviously feels is unjust as it is based purely on samples of his work. If you ask for feedback on your work then you should be prepared to take good comment as well as bad. On this occasion I suspect that he did not ask for feedback, so when it came along unexpectedly, he resorted to attack! We would all probably react the same if we had spent long hours trying to creat an authentic peice of work....for it to rubbished before it had even had a chance!
So, com'n guys and girls don't allow this site to be painted as a load on moaning minnies of the ETA world.
I suspect many ETA's will buy this CD and use many of the tracks for their shows. Instead of slagging off Kjell (like him or otherwise) we should be grateful that someone as dedicated and as professional as him can supply us ETA's with such great backing tracks - a very important part of our business!
I'm done! I'll go and have a lie down now!
Neil J Duncan
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisinthebuilding.com
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Golden Voice.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 8:51 pm

Hi Neil

I totally agree with what you say about Kjell been a perfectionist and those that have seen him will know he takes his tribute to the Max in everyway. I like you will reserve judgment on the tracks until i recieve my disc. As for Essies reply she got from him it wasn't something i would expect to see from any company the customer is always right even when there wrong.

One last thing its great eta's swopping tracks i have done it myself , but if you use the track in your show then support the makers of the track and buy it. If you don't support the likes of golden voice , then we may end up losing them or see price hikes on tracks just to make there money back.

Paul.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Golden Voice.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 9:08 pm

He may be a perfectionist, but he wasnt that much of a perfectionist to answer.
I think to call my husband low class, go's WAAAAAAYYY out of line!!
I just say my opinion, if he dint want to hear it, then he should had sent the mail to me 3 times!
I never ask for it to get it neighter.
My husband is a very deasond man.
If anyone wants to buy it, that ofcourse is there opinion, but if you sent a mail, 3 times, you can acspect an answer.
I dont think it is good though, to say that about my husband, course i have never met any one that is more sweet, carrying, and gentle person as Johnny.
And he do's have a lot of class!
Even if he uses Velvet.
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Golden Voice.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 9:11 pm

Hi Essie i guess you won't be sending him a christmas card then affraid

Yes you are right he shouldn't have replied in that way and we all love johnny on here , great voice top class.

Send johnny our love from me and lorney and little miss ebony.

Paul.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wayne Alonzo
Wayne Alonzo

Golden Voice.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 9:19 pm

Neil,

Brand loyalty is admirable but you've got to keep it real. Kjell has provided samples and these samples include the beginnings of the songs. Let's face it, the audience makes it's impression at the start of a song and the performer gets a real buzz out of a perfect intro/lead in.

Some of these new tracks are lacking in that department, and some are downright out of tune. Aloha was stunning but this new release is not. Don't fall in to the trap of looking down your nose just because you use mostly GV. I look at all versions before making my selection. Some of the music maestros (mostly non-live versions, I admit) are nigh-on perfect, and some of the kingtracks have some almighty OOOMPH about them.

GV, for instance do not make the best version of "I Just Can't Help Believing". That honour goes to a karaoke company by the name of SING TO THE WORLD.

I may have made this point already but if I had the resources that Kjell has, I would have made the musicians do some of these new tracks again. TTWII is arguably the most loved period amongst we ETA's and it would have been nice to finally have the definitive backing material. Somebody hasn't been listening to the source material with their ears open.

I give credit where it's due but to me this latest release isn't the quantum step up from the Kingtracks that the Aloha was.

Nobody would have been happier than me if this new release was excellent.

Sadly, it isn't.
Back to top Go down
Elvis in Kent
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Elvis in Kent

Golden Voice.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 11:42 pm

Wayne - Do you have a copy of the full CD? - or are you making these remarks based purely on the samples? I was not 'looking down my nose' as you put it - I was stating a fact that, for me, the GV backing tracks are the most authentic and the ones that I am happiest using for my shows. The only other tracks I use are from a company called Paris Music who incidently charge £10 per track.
Essie - having re-read your post it would appear that Kjell was out of order by getting personal. We all have repeat emails when someone is trying to sell you something on line, but he should have dealt with you in a more professional way.
I was just a little surprised that everyone was jumping on the band wagon to write off GV's latest CD without actually hearing the full finished product.
Neil J Duncan
Back to top Go down
Wayne Alonzo
Wayne Alonzo

Golden Voice.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 11:54 pm

Elvis in Kent wrote:

95% of my performance backing tracks are GV - and I'm sure that is the same with a lot of serious ETA's out there.

Why serious ETA's, if not for the reason of looking down your nose at acts who don't exclusively use GV?

I have a fully functioning set of ears, and those samples have been provided so that I and others can decide (with those ears) whether to buy them or not, rather than wasting a considerable sum of money on the full disc. I heard the parts of the songs I needed to hear.
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Golden Voice.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:19 am

Wayne

You would have to be a serious ETA to spend that sort of money surely ?
Doesn't matter if its GV or King Tracks or any other Backing track Supplier to spend £100 pounds on a disc is allot of money, i could think of better things to spend my money on if i wasn't that serious ETA that wants the best sound for my money. But when you consider a average show you charge around 500 pounds , the £100 for tracks you use over and over again seem very small price to pay.

I do want to wait until i have my disc in my hand and played it right through before i could fairly pass judgement as to it qaulity of Gv latest release.

Paul.

Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Golden Voice.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:06 am

Johnny buyd the Aloha, from Golden Voice when it came out, and it was good.
But if i listen to the tracks, it is just my opinion that some of them are some less, and you pay a lot of money for it, mostly the name, i guess...
There are a lot of tracks, that i personal find better, or as good, for less money.
Also tracks that you can just buy one track instade of the whole CD.
Thank you Paul and Neil, i realy dont think Johnny deserves that..
So thank you for youre kind words!!
We do realy apreciate that!!
Back to top Go down
jason
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
jason

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-12-11

Golden Voice.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 12:34 pm

£500 pounds a gig . Christ im doing something wrong.

I cant see people paying round by me. to be fair though some of us are just starting out or on just a smaller scale. so paying £100 for 1 cd is still allot of money. i would love to have it all but you can't get everything at once. so its about using what you can afford and building it up.
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Golden Voice.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 1:02 pm

Hi Jason

I totally agree with you mate when i first started out i had a mixer 2 mics and basic speakers and stands. What i have been doing over the years is re-investing some of the money i have got from gigs and buying things like lights , suites , backdrops etc etc.

Your show becomes personal to you so you personalise your stage setup as and when funds become available , all in all to make a great stage setup.

Paul.

Back to top Go down
Elvis in Kent
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Elvis in Kent

Golden Voice.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 7:49 pm

OK - time to climb down a little!.
Wayne, I did not intend to sound as if I was talking down my nose - but having read my post again I can understand why you think that way - so my apologies. I don't have any statistics to say that most professional ETA's (better word than serious!) only use GV. That said, I believe a number of them in the UK and USA do - so they must be getting something right.
I've just had a listen to the samples again and, from what I can hear, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot wrong with them.
As we know, Elvis sung the same songs in a number of different ways. From what I can hear, GV gives you that real 'live' feel to the tracks - just as if you have a live band behind you.
It is difficult to form a true opinion of their quality as they are jumping around a bit to give you a flavour of beginning, middle and end. But I still believe they are good value for money at around £5 a track (equivalent to two cups of coffee in M & S!).
The other thing that has impressed me about this CD is the choice of songs - most of which ETA's could introduce into their shows without fear of being accussed of being self indulgent.
Still no excuses for their reply to Essie but I felt that someone needed to step in and defend their corner, before everyone on this browser joined what I thought was becoming a bit of a 'witch - hunt'
Just my views!
Neil J Duncan
Back to top Go down
Wayne Alonzo
Wayne Alonzo

Golden Voice.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:08 pm

It's OK Neil we all say things that get taken badly. I should know Embarassed

I'm not out for a witch hunt. I just can't justify buying the disc when I KNOW that there are errors that would severely bug me during a show.

I am fortunate in that I can sometimes improve backing tracks myself and daresay that I would probably be able to make some of them sufficient for my needs. The thing is , I'm a bit of an anorak when it comes to backing tracks, and I can happily spend hours altering a track to my whims. A lot of people aren't that able with a music editing program and must rely on the product on an as-supplied basis.

It's horses for courses but I'm gutted that the beginning of Wonder Of You is still not right.
Back to top Go down
Marty Tempest
Rocking in Lauderdale
Rocking in Lauderdale
Marty Tempest

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Golden Voice.. Empty
PostSubject: re best backing tracks   Golden Voice.. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:20 pm

eselvisfan wrote:
I received a comerciall from Golden Voice.
I listen to it, but the opening song, i dint realy like, it sounded kinda out of tone.. (but maybe that is just me) scratch
I also think it is veeeeery expensive, 198,- dollars!!!!! affraid
Do you think it is worth it?
I think there are many other karaoke versions, as good, if not better, for a much better price.
Hi Essie its marty tempest here,
essie i have found that some of the karaoke backingtracks are really decent! have a look out for legends series. i found these tracks to have good starts and solid endings and no fading. i have found some of these tracks better than some of the g.v..
if you need any g.v. free let me know i got them all except the latest one.
all the best Marty
Back to top Go down
http://www.martytempest.co.uk
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Golden Voice.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:31 pm

Hello Marty,

Yes, Johnny had Aloha too, untill he borrowd it to someone, and never got it back again. Crying or Very sad
That one was realy good, i must agree on you there!! Very Happy
It is just the last one, i have heard some tracks of them, and it just dint sound as good as the other ones, and they ask a lot of money for it, so i just think it should be quality too, you see? Wink
Specialy for ETA's that just start out, or dont have much money, and they hear all the time they MUST have GV, to have the best of the best, then to me if i just hear the tracks from the latest GV, i think it is not worth it, for new ETA's just to get them, when i hear what i hear...
Than other tracks can do as well..
Thank you so much for youre very kind offer though, dear Marty!!!!
I think that is such a nice thing for you to do!!! cheers
I always like to help ETA's as well, and they know where to find me, when they need a track.
I realy think ETA's should help eachother out.
So thank you so much, for doing what you are doing, i think it is GREAT!! cheers
Back to top Go down

Golden Voice.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:54 pm

the accents of the backing singers are not very authentic Wink

also this and the last release where below parr in my opinion,

Seems GV are moving more to lets make as much money as possible instead of making the bast music as possible,
Back to top Go down
KING_MEMPHIS
KING_MEMPHIS

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Golden Voice.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 10:43 pm

Well, Essie - I don't know Kjell in person; but I would think that he has been under a lot of pressure because of the delay of TTWII. I agree that the answer is quite rude and arrogant.
Does Kjell know that you are Johnnys wife ? If not, he does not strike out at Johnny, right ?
I have heard Johnny sing - and there's is absolutely nothing wrong in that department ! I don't know about the rest of the hardware-store ( please don't answer that lol! )

I see GV as Kjells opportunity to make backingtracks for himself and taking the load of expenses off his own shoulders by selling them to other ETA's. I don't mind that ! I'm just sorry I didn't get the idea first Smile

I will not comment on the TTWII-tracks untill I get the CD. But if you think you've heard enough from the samples to dislike them - well, then don't buy them - and stick to your favourite tracks ! It's as easy as that, ain't it ?

I think the GV-Aloha was a giant-leap for ETA-kind ( is that a word ? ). And the rest of GV-production - compared to those tracks - has been a diappointment; but I still want to buy them. First of all out of couriosity and secondly because one day I will need that specific track and thirdly they have that same feeling. And I want my show to be the same quality and sound. That is not possible to achieve when you mix tracks from several vendors.

I got the Velvet collection too - and there are a lot of great recordings there which I use when I don't have better tracks. Especially in the 50's and 60's era. I DO get annoyed with the female backupsingers, though they sing fine - but they are not prototypical. Male-backing would have been much better. So I record a "Jordanaires-backing" on top of my Velvet-tracks if I think they are essential.
Velvet got some lousy tracks as well. But nobody complains because they are cheaper. All tracks can not be diamonds - that goes for GV as well.
Are your shows all diamond ???? Question

So my point is (again): If you don't like them - don't buy them !
And to the vendor: Don't be rude to your costumers ! ( that goes for ourselves, too - but "No, we're not like that")

BUT customer think - everybody can have a bad hairday ! Maybe don't be so touchy, huh ? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingmemphis.dk
Sponsored content

Golden Voice.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golden Voice..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next