WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Golden Voice..

Go down 
+4
Elvis in Kent
eselvisfan
jason
spirit of elvis
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wayne Alonzo
Knocking On Gracelands Door
Wayne Alonzo

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2007-07-30

Golden Voice.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 11:02 pm

KING_MEMPHIS wrote:

So my point is (again): If you don't like them - don't buy them !
And to the vendor: Don't be rude to your costumers ! ( that goes for ourselves, too - but "No, we're not like that")

BUT customer think - everybody can have a bad hairday ! Maybe don't be so touchy, huh ? Smile

And I'll make my point, AGAIN:

This was heralded as the ultimate, exact, TTWII collection. And it isn't. Not by a long stretch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvistribute.biz
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 11:20 pm

KING_MEMPHIS wrote:
Well, Essie - I don't know Kjell in person; but I would think that he has been under a lot of pressure because of the delay of TTWII. I agree that the answer is quite rude and arrogant.
Does Kjell know that you are Johnnys wife ? If not, he does not strike out at Johnny, right ?
I have heard Johnny sing - and there's is absolutely nothing wrong in that department ! I don't know about the rest of the hardware-store ( please don't answer that lol! )

Well, i think he knows exacly who he was sending the mails to..
Everybody knows that i am Johnny's wife, i have met him, and i also have emaild with him befor.

To say something like that about Johnny, is just far out wrong.
I think Johnny has a very good voice (that is my opinion, but i am maybe not objective sins i love the man).
But i hear a lot of people say he has a powerfull and good voice..
And saying he is low-class, to me it says more about the person who says that, then about the one receiving the comment. Wink

I see GV as Kjells opportunity to make backingtracks for himself and taking the load of expenses off his own shoulders by selling them to other ETA's. I don't mind that ! I'm just sorry I didn't get the idea first Smile

I will not comment on the TTWII-tracks untill I get the CD. But if you think you've heard enough from the samples to dislike them - well, then don't buy them - and stick to your favourite tracks ! It's as easy as that, ain't it ?

No, we have no plans buying it.
And i received a mail from someone tonight, that did received it, he was dissapointed, and he even dint know about the way i thought of it.

I think the GV-Aloha was a giant-leap for ETA-kind ( is that a word ? ). And the rest of GV-production - compared to those tracks - has been a diappointment; but I still want to buy them. First of all out of couriosity and secondly because one day I will need that specific track and thirdly they have that same feeling. And I want my show to be the same quality and sound. That is not possible to achieve when you mix tracks from several vendors.

I got the Velvet collection too - and there are a lot of great recordings there which I use when I don't have better tracks. Especially in the 50's and 60's era. I DO get annoyed with the female backupsingers, though they sing fine - but they are not prototypical. Male-backing would have been much better. So I record a "Jordanaires-backing" on top of my Velvet-tracks if I think they are essential.
Velvet got some lousy tracks as well. But nobody complains because they are cheaper. All tracks can not be diamonds - that goes for GV as well.
Are your shows all diamond ???? Question
We have differend collections, Velvet, King Tracks, all kinds, some of them are good, some of them are less good, but like you wrote, you have to go with the ones that suit youre voice, and feel comfi with. Very Happy Very Happy

So my point is (again): If you don't like them - don't buy them !
And to the vendor: Don't be rude to your costumers ! ( that goes for ourselves, too - but "No, we're not like that")

BUT customer think - everybody can have a bad hairday ! Maybe don't be so touchy, huh ? Smile

Maybe i had a bad hair day too... Wink
But i do stick up for my husband, no matter what, sins he is a great husband, and a nice and friendly person. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/
KING_MEMPHIS
KING_MEMPHIS

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 11:38 pm

I still see steam coming out of your ears. Smile Like I wrote, it's an arrogant and rude answer.

I'll let you know, what I think of the TTWII when I receive it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingmemphis.dk
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 11:41 pm

HAHAHA Yeb, it's my man he is talking about!! Evil or Very Mad
Thank you, i am very curiouse about youre opinion.
I know it will be an honest one! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 9:06 am

According to Kjell he sent my copy 2 days ago so i'm hoping it will arrive for the weekend , so watch out for a review.

Paul.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
Marty Tempest
Rocking in Lauderdale
Rocking in Lauderdale
Marty Tempest

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: re feedback on the latest goldenvoice   Golden Voice.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 9:55 pm

hi paul i was wondering if you heard any reports on the quality of the latest goldenvoice project, no one seems to have it yet, but there is rumors that there is supposed to be errors in the processing of these disks.I dont know if this is true, i look foreward to hear from anyone who has recieved them. I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR ANY FEEDBACK BEFORE I PURCHASE SUCH DISK.I had purchased the eclipse disk in the past and i was dissapointed whith the fadeouts, i thought for the money, i would have got solid q's and solid endings, all i could use was bridge over troubled waters, my way, and the 68 medley.
all the best t.c.b. marty. quote="pauldb38"]Wayne

You would have to be a serious ETA to spend that sort of money surely ?
Doesn't matter if its GV or King Tracks or any other Backing track Supplier to spend £100 pounds on a disc is allot of money, i could think of better things to spend my money on if i wasn't that serious ETA that wants the best sound for my money. But when you consider a average show you charge around 500 pounds , the £100 for tracks you use over and over again seem very small price to pay.

I do want to wait until i have my disc in my hand and played it right through before i could fairly pass judgement as to it qaulity of Gv latest release.

Paul.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy[/quote]
Back to top Go down
http://www.martytempest.co.uk
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:54 am

Hi Marty

I got my disk from golden voice end of last week , Not really had chance to listen to it yet, will be better to gauge onece i have a sing to it lol.

Paul

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golden Voice..   Golden Voice.. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golden Voice..
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2