WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Did Elvis have Cancer? shhhhh i stole this interesting read

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TCBinaflash
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBinaflash

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2007-07-28

Did Elvis have Cancer? shhhhh i stole this interesting read Empty
PostSubject: Did Elvis have Cancer? shhhhh i stole this interesting read   Did Elvis have Cancer? shhhhh i stole this interesting read Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 4:09 pm

Did Elvis have cancer ??? SSSssshhhhh i stole this from another website makes a good read answer to the question by Marty Lacker

Hello Marty My question stems from an interview with Kathy Westmoreland. She has stated that Elvis had at least 3 heart attacks (previous to August of 77) and bone cancer among other ailments. She has said that none of this was ever made public because Elvis didn't want people to take pity on him while he was still touring.

I don't know how much you knew about his health, but I'm not aware of anyone else in Elvis' inner circle that have made similar claims that he suffered from these health problems. Are you aware of these claims made by Kathy?

I appreciate your time and thank you for setting the record straight on some of the misconceptions that are perpetuated by others who do not have Elvis' best interests at heart.
Marty Says:

Hi Christy,
Poor Kathy has a great imagination......As for the bone cancer, I believe she heard that nonsense from Larry Geller, Charlie [Hodge] or Dick Grob and it's all bullmanure..........She claims she heard it from Elvis and his doctor?

First off, his doctor would be in serious ethical trouble for revealing personal medical information about a patient. That's a legal no-no. As for Elvis saying it to her, if he did, which I doubt, he probably said it to use as an excuse of why he was taking the pain medication Dilaudid which is given to cancer patients. It would have been Elvis' way of covering up taking those pills.

The truth of the matter is that Vernon Presley felt that Charlie [Hodge] and [Dick] Grob were leaking information from Graceland after Elvis died, so he asked Billy Smith to tell them that Elvis had Cancer to see if it got out. Sure enough, shortly after that it came back to Vernon from someone else that they told the guy Elvis had cancer. Charlie was let go and Grob was too, for that and something else he did..........Vernon should have used something else beside cancer.

As for the heart attacks, that's pure nonsense and I have no idea where she got that from. I can tell you that if it was true there were two or three of us that would have known and we never heard anything like it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisforeveryone.co.uk
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Did Elvis have Cancer? shhhhh i stole this interesting read   Did Elvis have Cancer? shhhhh i stole this interesting read Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 6:55 pm

Now that is interesting. I must have my wires crossed as I always thought that Elvis did have cancer and it was only people who hadnt bothered to do their homework/ non Elvis Fans. So I take it he never had cancer then.... Im confused now LOl! scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Did Elvis have Cancer? shhhhh i stole this interesting read   Did Elvis have Cancer? shhhhh i stole this interesting read Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 7:26 pm

Elvis never had cancer.
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Did Elvis have Cancer? shhhhh i stole this interesting read   Did Elvis have Cancer? shhhhh i stole this interesting read Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 8:42 am

Lol, thanks for that Sean, a man of many words Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Did Elvis have Cancer? shhhhh i stole this interesting read   Did Elvis have Cancer? shhhhh i stole this interesting read Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 7:36 pm

2 Weeks ago, we got the DVD 'The Elvis i Knew' from Charlie Hodge.
In that intervieuw with Charlie, Charlie sayd, that Elvis sufford from a lot of pain in his bones.
After Elvis had died, the docter told Charlie that Elvis had bone-cancer.
Elvis even dint know that, sins they found it after the autopsie.
It came out of Charlie's mounth on the DVD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Elvis have Cancer? shhhhh i stole this interesting read   Did Elvis have Cancer? shhhhh i stole this interesting read Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did Elvis have Cancer? shhhhh i stole this interesting read
Page 1 of 1