WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th

Go down 
+3
Lorna
Sean
Mayhem 1
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th Empty
PostSubject: Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th   Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 7:35 pm

Here's an interview Shawn Klush did this morning (Tuesday) on Memphis TV. Having had about an hour's sleep after the Bolton show and then flying back to the USA, he's got a busy week ahead also. Carol

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/myfox/pages/InsideFox/Detail?contentId=7188420&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=5.2.1
Back to top Go down
TCBinaflash
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBinaflash

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th   Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 7:47 pm

10,000 people at Bolton he is tired lol loved it Thank You Carol cant wait to see him perform again in the UK
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisforeveryone.co.uk
Mayhem 1
Rocking in Lauderdale
Rocking in Lauderdale
Mayhem 1

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th   Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 8:31 am

On this interview it was mentioned that Shawn Klush was in a movie "Shake Rattle & Roll" does anyone have any info on this movie ? availability etc

regards

Mayhem 1
Back to top Go down
http://www.bumble-b-roadshow.co.uk
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th   Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 8:53 am

Mayhem 1 wrote:
On this interview it was mentioned that Shawn Klush was in a movie "Shake Rattle & Roll" does anyone have any info on this movie ? availability etc

regards

Mayhem 1

Hiya Mayhem, here is a youtube clip of it for you

Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th   Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 8:54 am

Very interesting clip.

If you go to the Shawn Klush clip at the start when he says 'Of course the Grand Old Opry was the first thing i heard', he has copied that from Elvis' Houston interview from 1970.

See for yourselves.

Here is the Elvis interview and its around the 4 minute mark when Elvis mentions the Grand Old Opry.

Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th   Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:44 am

OMG your right Sean. Hehe! I think he has studied Elvis so much he doesnt know what his own words are. I must admit, when watching Shawn on the above clip I got lost for a second, and kinda imagined it being Elvis. He is one lucky guy with an amazing talent. There will only ever be 1 Elvis Presley but thanks to ETAs like Shawn we get to see a lil bit of what Elvis was all about in the flesh Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th   Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:54 am

Mayhem 1 wrote:

regards

Mayhem 1

Have just checked and it doesnt look like its going to be released, though someone has said they do have a copy and willing to send it to people.
I have copied the link if you are interested: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0206507/board/nest/81645678?d=107681823&p=1#107681823
Back to top Go down
Mike Shelby
Knocking On Gracelands Door
Mike Shelby

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th   Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 5:32 pm

He also said something about 'studying to be an electrician and got wired the wrong way' - which is also another copy of something Elvis said - I think it's on the boxset of 'Elvis - Live in Las Vegas' when he's explaining to the audience how he got started in the business! I think Shawns mind must be an encyclopedia of Elvis comments. It's the way he's so quick with it tho that amazes me. Just seems so natural to him. He's so damn good I hate him!!! Laughing . . . only joking! I think he's fantastic and so glad he's brought the closest thing to Elvis over to the UK for us to get a taste of how it must have been.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikeshelby.co.uk
TCBinaflash
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBinaflash

Number of posts : 1416

PostSubject: Lady Luck Music interview   Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 6:00 pm

Well Shawn says something different here with his interview for Lady Luck Music
Sorry Carol just had to paste it here

Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th S310

I was born in a little coal mining town in Pennsylvania. My Dad was a DJ who played a lot of Elvis music and used to bring home Elvis records from his work. I must have listened to them because when I was 3 I sang the entire version of “Blue Suede Shoes” in the bath tub! That was really the start of my becoming a huge Elvis fan. My other musical influences were Mahalia Jackson, Billy Joel, Bon Jovi, Garth Brooks, Dean Martin but always, most importantly, Elvis. I also enjoyed sports....basketball, football and baseball mostly, but my first love was music.

I started doing Elvis Tributes when I was 12 years old at parties, etc. I also started playing guitar and singing as much as I could. Eventually, I joined a local band (Nightmoves) and began performing around the local area. Luckily, we were well received and word spread that there was an ETA on the scene. Eventually I was asked to play the Poconos Resorts with a showband called Northern Lights.

One thing led to another, and after that, I toured Canada with a show called Legends Alive, working for John Kondis in Toronto. I toured with Legends Alive from Montreal to Victoria. I played so many hockey arenas that I can’t remember them all! It was truly a great experience, not only musically but from a personal standpoint. When stage manager Roy Buster passed away, I felt I had lost a great friend. The shows I did in Canada were some of the most professional shows I have done.

In l997, I heard about the 1st World Elvis Impersonator Contest in Montreal, and at the urging of fans, I entered! The contest was amazing! I competed with some pretty talented ETA's and was quite surprised to take home the $5000 prize. That is where I met Dan Lentino, who is now my manager and the godfather to my daughter.

Almost immediately after that, I began touring the US, and landed a role as Elvis in the famous Legends in Concert show, based in Las Vegas. Ray Anthony (Ritchie Valens tribute artist) had taped one of my shows in Canada and had given it to Jimmy Osmond of the Osmond Brothers who then passed it along to John Stuart, CEO of Legends in Concert. He called me for an audition in Atlantic City. I went home that day from the audition and received a call from John Stuart to perform in Myrtle Beach and the rest, as they say, is history.

I worked for Legends until 2004, mostly in Myrtle Beach, but also in Branson, Atlantic City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Minneapolis. During this time, I also did several national TV shows and recorded 2 CD's. I was also chosen to play Elvis in the CBS and VH1 mini-series Shake, Rattle and Roll. John Stuart is a great man and because of him I have met many stars and was able to support my family. It was a great run.

In 2005 my wife and I moved back to Pennsylvania to be closer to our families who have missed us and their grandchildren. Life after Legends, believe it or not, is less stressful and I get to spend more time with my children and my family. When I do shows now I have more control over the material and the way the shows are run (a BIG PLUS!). I am more at ease in this situation and enjoy this more than ever. Another annual event I really love performing at is the US Cellular Field for the Chicago White Sox - it’s such a thrill to hear 50,000 fans screaming at the same time! Two years ago, as luck would have it, there were tourists from Switzerland in the crowd who, on seeing the crowd's reaction, were sure that the Swiss fans would react the same way, and believe it or not they eventually arranged to bring me to Switzerland to perform in front of huge crowds. Again, I was touched by the fans' reactions and ovations which meant so much to me.

I also performed at a Festival in London, Ontario and was received really well. I returned there 2 more times and enjoyed it very much. I hope to go back there soon.

In the last 2 years, Dan has kept me very busy traveling all over the Midwest, Nashville, Pennsylvania, Alabama, Michigan, Wisconsin, Boston and Collingwood, where I will be in the headliner in their show again this year. I’ve also had the chance to work with Donny Edwards who in my book is a class act (love ya! Keep Rockin, Donny). In the near future, Hawaii will be one of the stops, as well as South America and Switzerland again.

Elvis Presley is, and always will be, a big part of my life -- so much so that I think of him as a family member and I identify with his personality. I think more of him as a human being now that I know some of the people who worked with him and have heard the many stories of Elvis the Man not the Entertainer. My thinking about Elvis has changed over the last 10 years because I know more about his personal struggles now (God Bless Elvis). Elvis’ music revolutionized a generation and broke open a whole new genre for years to come. When Elvis sings “If I Can Dream,” that is the Elvis that will live on forever.I’ve also tried my hand at entering a few more competitions. In January 2005, I won the $25,000 "World Elvis Tribute Artist Competition.” In March 2005, I won the Lady Luck Music King of Kings People’s Choice contest at the Gibson Showcase Theater in Nashville. Another recent honor for me was to be presented with a Certificate from the House of Representatives of the State of Pennsylvania.

This journey I am on (including, for example, the annual Elvis Birthday Tribute Tour in January of each year) has led me to work with some of the people who were very close to Elvis: Joe Esposito, Charlie Hodge, The Jordanaires, The Sweet Inspirations, JD and The Stamps, DJ Fontana and Al Dvorin. I have heard they have paid me many compliments, not directly to me but to other folks. I guess they don’t want me to get a big head so they don’t tell me directly, LOL!

I was touched to hear that Joe Esposito actually told someone that my "Elvis" mannerisms on stage were the closest he'd ever seen to Elvis and the way I walked, talked and acted was "downright scary." As you can imagine, this was a huge compliment. Ray Walker of the Jordanaires, has also paid me a great compliment by saying that the first time he was on stage with me, he became weak in the knees when I turned around and smiled at him like Elvis! He even said he thought for that very moment he was back on stage with Elvis. To receive compliments like this means a great deal to me because they were so close to Elvis and I've worked so hard over the years to develop an authentic Elvis performance.I am so often asked why I do what I do and here’s all that I can answer - I try to portray Elvis in as tasteful a manner as I possibly can. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Elvis the entertainer and Elvis the person. By what I’m doing, if I can help keep his memory alive and help bring his music and memory to new fans and new generations then I’ve done what I feel I was called to do.

As far as my career as an ETA, the work and sacrifice never stops, but in the end it is the faces of the people that make it worth while. I have never won an academy award or any other trophy and that is fine with me. The people in the audience are my trophies. GOD BLESS THEM, THANKS FOR THE CHANCE.

I would like to thank all the fans for their continued support. I hope that I am doing the right thing for you all. The more you like it, the more I will be there. To my wife Beverly, I would never want to trade places with you. I don’t know how you do it. You have the strength of many women. I Love You. To Terri and Joyce, for your continued hard work and many hours of sacrifice in keeping the Fan club going and the Merchandise updated and all the stage work you do on the road: MY HAT’S OFF TO YOU.

Last but not least, To Dan Lentino. What can I say? He has it all. God Bless you and thanks for having a vision and seeing through things when no one else cared. I will stand by you as you stand by me till the end.

Thanks to Lady Luck Music for featuring me as this month's Spotlight ETA. And thanks to all my fans for their continued support and love for me and my family. It means a great deal to us.

TCB Forever
ShawnVisit Shawn’s site: www.shawnklush.net
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisforeveryone.co.uk
charmainejensenvoisine
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
charmainejensenvoisine

Number of posts : 2539
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th   Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 6:21 pm

Lorna wrote:
Mayhem 1 wrote:

regards

Mayhem 1

Have just checked and it doesnt look like its going to be released, though someone has said they do have a copy and willing to send it to people.
I have copied the link if you are interested: [url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0206507/board/nest/81645678?d=107681823&p=1#107681823
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0206507/board/nest/81645678?d=107681823&p=1#107681823[/quote[/url]]

I just wrote to the person inquiring how to get a copy of this movie "Shake, Rattle and Roll"...

Hugs Charmaine
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th   Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 6:57 pm

Hi Mark..thanks for reprinting the LadyLuck spotlight on Shawn. I remember typing that one up for the website after he sent it in. LOL...and was happy to see that he mentions London, Ontario...where I live...and where he came three times for performances which people are still talking about..hope he's back again soon.

I honestly think Shawn was joking when he said the "electrician...wired wrong way" as it's a common line from Elvis. and he seems to say it "tongue in cheek" .. but I'm not sure why he did the Elvis line when saying he watched the Grand Ole Opry...but maybe he did as he sure likes country music also and Garth Brooks in particular.. (when he's not listening to or doing Elvis). ..LOL.

I would like to say though that, despite what people like to think who don't know him, that Shawn is very clear on who he is and who Elvis is and was...much as people like to say "he thinks he's Elvis."...I think anyone who's met him "as himself" would say that. And he's one of the most sincere Elvis fans I know...which is really nice to see in an ETA.

I just posted the interview as I thought it was well done and especially with very little sleep in 24-hours..traveling back to the USA from Bolton...but there's always going to be something that someone picks out I guess.

Re the Shake Rattle and Roll "made for TV" movie. I remember watching it when it was on TV...and it was very good. But the only section showing Shawn is the section on YouTube already. If someone wanted to see it as a full movie, which was good, then I'd recommend it...but they wouldn't see a lot of Shawn, if that was the reason they wanted to buy it.

Carol
Back to top Go down
elvisinmemphis
elvisinmemphis

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2007-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th   Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 8:36 pm

I spent a fair bit of time with Shawn last week, out the way of performing as Elvis. I never got to into conversation with him in London at the BBC so it was interesting to see what he was really like. I can asure people that he is as down to earth as they come and it goes without saying he is a massive Elvis fan.
Our views on how Elvis should be portrayed are exactly the same ... you all know my views even those in the looney parade.

What also impressed me was his professionalism on and off stage especially with the fans. He was signing autographs a long 2 and a half hours after the show when he could easily have slipped off to the hotel especially as he came off stage he was literally drenched in sweat his hair was soaking.

The way he handles the "fame" is unbelievable very similar to Elvis himself.....but then that is exactly what Shawn Klush is ... a master of his trade and all ETA's or elvis fans should (even if they dont like him, which i find hard to believe) respect him for the way he presents the image of Elvis unlike the many who do serious harm to the industry.

I said it in London and I say it again ..the guy is just awesome.

regards Steve
Back to top Go down
charmainejensenvoisine
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
charmainejensenvoisine

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th   Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:24 pm

elvisinmemphis wrote:
I spent a fair bit of time with Shawn last week, out the way of performing as Elvis. I never got to into conversation with him in London at the BBC so it was interesting to see what he was really like. I can asure people that he is as down to earth as they come and it goes without saying he is a massive Elvis fan.
Our views on how Elvis should be portrayed are exactly the same ... you all know my views even those in the looney parade.

What also impressed me was his professionalism on and off stage especially with the fans. He was signing autographs a long 2 and a half hours after the show when he could easily have slipped off to the hotel especially as he came off stage he was literally drenched in sweat his hair was soaking.

The way he handles the "fame" is unbelievable very similar to Elvis himself.....but then that is exactly what Shawn Klush is ... a master of his trade and all ETA's or elvis fans should (even if they dont like him, which i find hard to believe) respect him for the way he presents the image of Elvis unlike the many who do serious harm to the industry.

I said it in London and I say it again ..the guy is just awesome.

regards Steve

Now Steve , this is indeed an EXCELLENT write-up of the man behind the image.... KUDOS!
Hugs Charmaine Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th   Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:01 pm

I agree...excellent writeup Steve!!

One of Shawn's fans wrote the paragraph below as part of a long "review" and I thought (especially as Shawn started singing Elvis songs when he was about 3 years old) that it was too good not to share. Hope you enjoy this as much as I did. Carol

There is one other thing that sticks in my mind though on Saturday
night. Do you remember the little Elvis that was in the 3rd row
behind me? He was 5 years old and dressed in an Elvis jumpsuit
(you've all probably seen him on the small video clip) well, he was
singing to EVERY song and knew ALL the words!! He was doing Elvis
moves and everything, he was fantastic! Well...Shawn saw him and
signalled for someone to bring him to the front of the stage so he
could give him a scarf, but when he did, little Elvis(Dylan), without
being prompted then gave Shawn HIS small blue scarf!!!! It was soo
sweet! Of course Shawn took the scarf and then put it round his neck,
even though it was so small, it was such a great moment! Just wanted
to share that with you all.
Back to top Go down
charmainejensenvoisine
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
charmainejensenvoisine

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th   Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:24 pm

Elvis3577 wrote:

One of Shawn's fans wrote the paragraph below as part of a long "review" and I thought (especially as Shawn started singing Elvis songs when he was about 3 years old) that it was too good not to share. Hope you enjoy this as much as I did. Carol

About this moment of "Little Elvis Dylan" giving Shawn his little scarf... I
can only begin to imagine it was a most emotional moment for Shawn...

Oh how I wish that I could had been there.

Hugs Charmaine Smile
Back to top Go down
Mike Shelby
Mike Shelby

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th   Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:50 pm

Elvis3577 wrote:

I agree - that bit was absolutley touching and so funny. We loved it too.
Spoke to his parents after the show and they are lovely people. That guy had spent £360 for the 3 of them to see the show and he said it was worth it all just for that moment!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikeshelby.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th   Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 2:07 pm

I just saw this news article on the young Elvis fan, Dillon, mentioned above ... Carol

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/3592453.Young_Dillon___s_rocking_as_an_Elvis/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th   Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shawn Klush on Memphis TV - Tuesday, 12th
Page 1 of 1