WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival

Go down 
+3
eselvisfan
Lorna
PaulShookUp
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PaulShookUp
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
PaulShookUp

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-07-30

Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival Empty
PostSubject: Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival   Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 4:37 am

Has anyone posted the details from Porthcawl yet.

Congrats to Paul Molloy for winning Best Festival Elvis, also Mike Nova, Kirk Turner, Ben Portsmouth and Johnny Lee Memphis all won a category competition.
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival   Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 7:19 am

PaulShookUp wrote:
Has anyone posted the details from Porthcawl yet.

Congrats to Paul Molloy for winning Best Festival Elvis, also Mike Nova, Kirk Turner, Ben Portsmouth and Johnny Lee Memphis all won a category competition.

Hi Paul, we never got chance to go this year (again Sad ) not sure who else went.
If any of you guys went please let us know how it went. I know it was well publicized and there are some newspaper articles on the net about it. Will put some up later for people who didnt go to have a lil taster.
Well done to all the ETAs who entered and to those who won in their category! Paul Molloy and Mike Nova did it again eh! They get better and better all the time! ETAs in the UK are certainly putting a stamp on things and raising the bar! Well done lads cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival   Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 9:17 am

Congrationlations!!

Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival 22480111
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/

PostSubject: Re: Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival   Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:00 am

Congratulations to all!
Back to top Go down
jason
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
jason

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival   Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 7:07 pm

I have a friend at work who booked a little holiday down Wales not knowing that the Elvis convention was on as he's not an Elvis fan or anything but he did say it was fantastic and really enjoyed it. he brought me back a Paul Larcombe leflet and said this guy was amazing. Ive checked him out on you tube and i can say this guy really is something else he really is truley amazing.He did say there were also some dodgy ones also walking about down the beach and stuff walking around and having dodgy accents and that.( his words) yeah he seemed to think i really ought to look in to going on the next one he sais i would really enjoy it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival   Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 10:28 am

CONGRATS GUYS, WELL DONE! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival   Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 12:42 pm

I was there and on the whole we had a fantastic time there was some dodgy one's about but most where very well turned out
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival   Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 6:18 pm

jason wrote:
I have a friend at work who booked a little holiday down Wales not knowing that the Elvis convention was on as he's not an Elvis fan or anything but he did say it was fantastic and really enjoyed it. he brought me back a Paul Larcombe leflet and said this guy was amazing. Ive checked him out on you tube and i can say this guy really is something else he really is truley amazing.He did say there were also some dodgy ones also walking about down the beach and stuff walking around and having dodgy accents and that.( his words) yeah he seemed to think i really ought to look in to going on the next one he sais i would really enjoy it.
hi jase, you'll be able to check out paul larcombe in january at the walk a golden mile convention as he is doing a showcase on the friday. he won the 'EPE ULTIMATE ELVIS UK HEAT 2007' in blackpool & went on to take a top 10 place in memphis. he is a really down to earth top guy & a real class act. youll probably find him having a few scoops in the residents bar at the end of the evening,were everybody gets together for a jamming session. (not that i'm sayin he's got a drink problem or anythin lol lol lol.. he's always with DJ STE..!! now there's a guy who does like a drink lol lol lol lol)
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
jason
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
jason

PostSubject: Re: Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival   Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 11:49 pm

Hi Gary thanks for that mate. yeah he really does look something else. look forward to seeing him live then. Really looking forward to Blackpool will be my 1st time so a little nervy as well. sure it will be great to meet other Elvis nuts like me ha ha.

all the best ,,Jase
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

PostSubject: Re: Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival   Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 7:51 pm

Congratulations to Paul, Mike, Kirk, Ben and Johnny
and all the Guys who took part and made it another special W/end
Well done to all
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

PostSubject: Re: Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival   Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 8:22 pm

jason wrote:
Hi Gary thanks for that mate. yeah he really does look something else. look forward to seeing him live then. Really looking forward to Blackpool will be my 1st time so a little nervy as well. sure it will be great to meet other Elvis nuts like me ha ha.

all the best ,,Jase
Hi buddy, so your a walk a golden mile virgin lol! lol! lol! it may be your first time but i can guarantee it wont be your last..!!! this will be my 3rd time competing but my 4th time there, its sort of taken a front seat and shoved christmas onto the back seat for me now affraid affraid affraid its awsome..!!! and what makes it even better this year as well as the extra nightmaking it a 4 night wk/end is the fact that there seems to be quite afew forum members entering Cool Cool Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival   Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 7:00 am

I saw Paul do a spot at the brentwood over the festival weekend ,what a fantastic show , we bumped into each over a few time's over the week end and he alway's spoke. He is is a really nice friendly guy , it was a shame that he went down with a throat infection on the sunday and had to miss his last gig . He took some stick for this which was totaly unjustified as he was clearly in a lot of discomfort and gutted for having to let so many people down .I look forward to seeing his show case in Jan .
Back to top Go down
DJ STE
Knocking On Gracelands Door
Knocking On Gracelands Door
DJ STE

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival   Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:33 am

Like a drink?!! affraid Who me?!!

I said to Molloy a few days ago that for him to win a title has been LONG overdue, Well done to him and all the others. drunken
Back to top Go down
http://www.stesmith.co.uk
jason
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
jason

PostSubject: Re: Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival   Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:39 pm

yeah i did forget to say well done to everybody sorry guys.

Big well done from me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival   Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 11:04 am

Congratulations to all those who returned from Porthcawl with awards. I was unfortunately busy elsewhere over the weekend, but did manage to get to the 'Heartbreak Hotel' on Saturday night, where I met many old friends from my time as the event's festival manager, organiser and publicist.

Looking forward to seeing you all here next year, when I hope everything will be a lot better managed, organised and publicised....
Back to top Go down
Dean-Mack
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Dean-Mack

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival   Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 11:12 am

Paul won Best Festival Elvis

The other guys won the following Elvies awards

Gold Lame Jacket Award: Kirk 'Love Me' Turner

Best '68 Special Award: Ben Portsmouth

Best Movie Elvis: Mike Nova

Best Gospel Elvis: Shayne Prince

Best Vegas Elvis: Johnny Lee Memphis

All gave amazing performances over the weekend and thoroughly deserved their respective titles
Back to top Go down
http://www.deanmack.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival   Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 12:44 pm

All were indeed worthy winners.

Enlighten those who don't know how they were actually awarded these coveted titles.
Back to top Go down
Dean-Mack
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Dean-Mack

PostSubject: Re: Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival   Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:03 pm

SMT wrote:
All were indeed worthy winners.

Enlighten those who don't know how they were actually awarded these coveted titles.

FROM THE WEBSITE

THE ELVIES

The World's leading award show for Elvis Tribute Artists. The Elvies is not a competition and the awards are decided upon through the year at the Festival's discretion.

You of all people should know this Steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival   Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 2:09 pm

Dean Mack recently posted a message on the event's website which stated 'Steve played a big part in the festivals success but he is no longer a part of it so lets just move on from that.' Therefore he, of all people, should by now realise that I no longer play any part in the Elvis Festival, although I may possibly do so in the future.

When I was involved, I recommended potential 'Elvies' recipients to the event's owner, but as he now spends just a few weeks a year in the UK, I was wondering if that had changed...
Back to top Go down
Dean-Mack
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Dean-Mack

PostSubject: Re: Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival   Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 2:21 pm

SMT wrote:
Dean Mack recently posted a message on the event's website which stated 'Steve played a big part in the festivals success but he is no longer a part of it so lets just move on from that.' Therefore he, of all people, should by now realise that I no longer play any part in the Elvis Festival, although I may possibly do so in the future.

When I was involved, I recommended potential 'Elvies' recipients to the event's owner, but as he now spends just a few weeks a year in the UK, I was wondering if that had changed...

I don't how that quote is relevant Steve. Anyone who knows anything about the festival knows the part you played in it. So quoting something I said on another site doesn't really make any sense!!!

Maybe someone else is now recommending the artists to the events owner in your absence.

You asked how these titles were awarded, I answered your question. Lets leave it there eh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival   Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 3:35 pm

Like much to do with the Elvis Festival these days, it probably is best to leave it there... For the time being that is.
Back to top Go down
Dean-Mack
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Dean-Mack

PostSubject: Re: Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival   Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 3:37 pm

SMT wrote:
Like much to do with the Elvis Festival these days, it probably is best to leave it there... For the time being that is.

Steve the trouble is YOU are the 1 who can't just leave it mate!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival   Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 4:02 pm

Judging from recent comments on the event's website, I am not alone and would urge you not to burn too many bridges.
Back to top Go down
Dean-Mack
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Dean-Mack

PostSubject: Re: Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival   Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 4:04 pm

SMT wrote:
Judging from recent comments on the event's website, I am not alone and would urge you not to burn too many bridges.

Do you want to pm me and explain that comment further!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival   Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 4:52 pm

Paul Larcombe (who made it to the 2007 Memphis Ultimate Contest last year) was mentioned earlier on in this thread...here is an article on Paul which appeared in the paper yesterday. Carol

http://www.crewechronicle.co.uk/entertainment-crewe/news-reviews/2008/10/22/the-wonder-of-paul-96135-22083686/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival   Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winners from Porthcawl Elvis festival
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next