WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P

Go down 
+4
viva ronnie c
TCBDavid
val w (Kinky Boots)
BECKY
8 posters
AuthorMessage
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P Empty
PostSubject: PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P   PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 3:08 pm

Hi all , just got back from the festival and i have to say me and Becky are knackered Laughing we really enjoyed our weekend although we did feel a little bit left out of the festivities being out at the Premier Inn at Pencoed , both night's that i performed there the Thursday and Saturday were very quiet affairs , i can understand why people would'nt want to come up from Porthcawl as it is 12 miles and everyone naturally wants to be in the centre of the action , but my gripe was that the Premier Inn did not have one bit of advertising up to promote either my show or Mal Kings who was originally ment to be there , people really did'nt know anything was going on there , on top of that as a little slap in the face for the work myself and Johnny King on the Saturday did me and Beck were told we would have to pay for our breakfast this morning when we were told it would be complimentry for the duration of our stay , so we left a little peeved as in fairness they may have been left with nothing if i had not of filled in , so i supose a lesson learnt there , my advice to anyone in the future who gets asked to take a gig there is to refuse it as it really is not worth it unless you like a quiet weekend away with your misses .

That aside , when we were down in Porthcawl the atmosphere was great every venue was heaving and we were made to feel welcome everywhere we went , i was in the Brentwood all day Friday where i did a bit of comparing and even got the chance to sing with Ben Portsmouths band which was excellent it really made the weekend for me as i had never sang with the band before and it really was something else , i felt i really came into my own and now want more Laughing so a big thank you to Ben and his management for giving me the chance Smile . On the Saturday it was competition time and i thought the standard was really good , the atmosphere in the Pavillion was buzzing and it was a real treat to sing there , however i was a little disapointed not to get into the top 5 , no disrespect to the guy's who did as Ricky Arron is a more than deserved winner as i thought he was excellent , but i was a little confused how a performer could get a standing ovation from the whole hall including at least 1 judge and not go through it's beyond me ???????? , anyway i did'nt let it bother me for to long as i just got on with the festival and i loved every minute of it . really looking forward to next year now , but i think i will need to rest till then to recover Laughing just finish with a big thank you to Beck without her i would'nt have been there at all , she is my soul and my guiding light x
Back to top Go down
http://www.eddiepmemoriesshow.com
BECKY
Rocking in Lauderdale
Rocking in Lauderdale
BECKY

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-06-15

PostSubject: Re: PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P   PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 3:49 pm

i had a brill time in porthcawl, it woz gr8 2 meet some new ppl and all u who i no 2, wot made the weekend 4 me woz just bein wiv eddie, and all tho we woz a little out the way i didnt mind cuz i still got 2 spend the time wiv eddie, i love u eddie i had a gr8 weekend wiv u and even tho u felt out the way i hope u still injoyed ur weekend wiv me x
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

PostSubject: Re: PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P   PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 4:32 pm

i loved every minute with you love , was only making the point of how quiet it was , would just also like to say thank you to Pete and Sue Moore and Big Jules for taking time to come down on the Thursday , sorry it was'nt a more exciting night for you guy's Sad
Back to top Go down
BECKY
Rocking in Lauderdale
Rocking in Lauderdale
BECKY

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-06-15

PostSubject: Re: PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P   PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 5:23 pm

really injoyed doin all ur music and sound 4 u 2 woz gd 2b involved wiv ur work side of things hope i did gd 4 u Smile
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P   PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 6:08 pm

Well done Eddie, glad it all went well. Shame you was so far from the festivities, but I know you will have still put on a great show.
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

PostSubject: Re: PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P   PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:18 pm

val w (Kinky Boots) wrote:
Well done Eddie, glad it all went well. Shame you was so far from the festivities, but I know you will have still put on a great show.

I tried my best Val , Smile

Last edited by EDDIE P on Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2010-01-25

PostSubject: Re: PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P   PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:44 pm

shame i didnt see more off you mate but glad u enjoyed yourself
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

PostSubject: Re: PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P   PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:58 pm

TCBDavid wrote:
shame i didnt see more off you mate but glad u enjoyed yourself

yeah that's what you get for staying in the back of beyond lol
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

PostSubject: Re: PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P   PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:03 pm

Got loads of footage to share of me at the Premier Inn and also of the Festival in general , including me with the band which was an awesome experiance Smile
Back to top Go down
viva ronnie c
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
viva ronnie c

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P   PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 11:39 am

Edd
dont matter where you were mate i bet you still put on an immaculate tribute to the king .wish i could have been there to support you pal.
you need to get a gig this end so we all (the browser ) can get down to see you mate .

Becky
you really need to finish off your words with Edd with fluffy puffy honey suckle muffin man

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

PostSubject: Re: PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P   PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 11:43 am

viva ronnie c wrote:
Edd
dont matter where you were mate i bet you still put on an immaculate tribute to the king .wish i could have been there to support you pal.
you need to get a gig this end so we all (the browser ) can get down to see you mate .

Becky
you really need to finish off your words with Edd with fluffy puffy honey suckle muffin man

lol! lol! lol!

thanks Ronnie , would be great to do something round your end ........ mmm sounds a bit rude that lol! no really be fantastic Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P   PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 5:56 pm

glad you had a great time in Porthcawl, sorry about you being so far away it was a loss for everyone I am sure not to have you closer to hand looking forward to seeing the footage - only just back home ourselvs from a break away xx
Back to top Go down
BIG JULES
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
BIG JULES

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P   PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 7:24 am

EDDIE P wrote:
i loved every minute with you love , was only making the point of how quiet it was , would just also like to say thank you to Pete and Sue Moore and Big Jules for taking time to come down on the Thursday , sorry it was'nt a more exciting night for you guy's Sad

YOUR WELCOME ED AND WE HAD A GREAT TIME IT'S JUST WASN'T THE BEST VENUE OR CROWD BUT LESSON LEARNT I THINK LOL, BUT IT WAS GREAT TO SEE YOU,BECKY, CHARLIE AND PHYLLIS AGAIN I'M JUST GUTTED WE COULDN'T GET DOWN ON THE SAT BUT NICHOLAS WAS CREAM CRACKERED AND WE HAD AN EARLY START ON THE SUNDAY BECAUSE HE WAS IN THE GOSPEL SHOW...
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

PostSubject: Re: PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P   PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 8:34 am

BIG JULES wrote:
EDDIE P wrote:

YOUR WELCOME ED AND WE HAD A GREAT TIME IT'S JUST WASN'T THE BEST VENUE OR CROWD BUT LESSON LEARNT I THINK LOL, BUT IT WAS GREAT TO SEE YOU,BECKY, CHARLIE AND PHYLLIS AGAIN I'M JUST GUTTED WE COULDN'T GET DOWN ON THE SAT BUT NICHOLAS WAS CREAM CRACKERED AND WE HAD AN EARLY START ON THE SUNDAY BECAUSE HE WAS IN THE GOSPEL SHOW...

yeah it was a shame bud as i was looking forward to hearing him mate , hope the gospel show went well Smile
Back to top Go down
viva ronnie c
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
viva ronnie c

PostSubject: Re: PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P   PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 8:43 am

thanks Ronnie , would be great to do something round your end ........ mmm sounds a bit rude that lol! no really be fantastic Smile [/quote]

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
viva ronnie c
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
viva ronnie c

PostSubject: Re: PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P   PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 8:44 am

Jules
how did your lad do
he looks real talented
Back to top Go down
Ricky Aron
Knocking On Gracelands Door
Ricky Aron

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P   PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 1:00 pm

EDDIE P wrote:
On the Saturday it was competition time and i thought the standard was really good , the atmosphere in the Pavillion was buzzing and it was a real treat to sing there , however i was a little disapointed not to get into the top 5 , no disrespect to the guy's who did as Ricky Arron is a more than deserved winner as i thought he was excellent , but i was a little confused how a performer could get a standing ovation from the whole hall including at least 1 judge and not go through it's beyond me ???????? , anyway i did'nt let it bother me for to long as i just got on with the festival and i loved every minute of it . really looking forward to next year now , but i think i will need to rest till then to recover Laughing just finish with a big thank you to Beck without her i would'nt have been there at all , she is my soul and my guiding light x

Thanks for that Eddie, i actually thought you would have been top 5 myself!! I had the same problem last yr!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rickyaron.com
BIG JULES
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
BIG JULES

PostSubject: Re: PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P   PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 1:55 pm

EDDIE P wrote:
BIG JULES wrote:
EDDIE P wrote:

yeah it was a shame bud as i was looking forward to hearing him mate , hope the gospel show went well Smile

THE SHOW WAS AWESOME ED AND NICHOLAS DID REALLY WELL AND HE ALSO SANG IN THE BRENTWOOD WITH BEN'S BAND ON THE SATURDAY AND DID A SONG WITH RED ALERT IN THE PAVILLION TOO AND ON THE SUNDAY HE SANG AGAIN IN THE BRENTWOOD DURING DARREN JONES' SET AND THEN FINISHED HIS WEEKEND OFF IN THE HI-TIDE HARBOUR LIGHTS, THE ONLY FOOTAGE I WILL HAVE OF HIM WILL BE FROM THE GOSPEL SHOW BUT I WILL PUT IT UP WHEN I GET IT..
Back to top Go down
BIG JULES
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
BIG JULES

PostSubject: Re: PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P   PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 2:04 pm

viva ronnie c wrote:
Jules
how did your lad do
he looks real talented

HI RONNIE NICHOLAS DID AMAZINGLY WELL AND ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE OF IT, HE HAS SURPRISED US IN HOW QUICKLY HE HAS GOT INTO THE FLOW OF PERFORMING AS HE ONLY DECIDED HE WANTED TO PAY TRIBUTE TO ELVIS IN MAY AND HAD TO LEARN TWO DIFFICULT SONGS FOR THE GOSPEL SHOW AND FINE TUNE A FEW OTHERS THAT HE LIKED TO SING ALONG WITH, HE HAS ONLY SUNG IN THE HOUSE OCCASIONALLY WHEN SOME OF THE GUYS COME OVER FOR A CURRY AND A BEER AND HAS BEEN TO ONE PRACTICE NIGHT SO WE THINK HE HAS DONE AN AMAZING JOB AND ARE VERY PROUD OF HIM, I WILL PUT UP FOOTAGE OF THE GOSPEL SHOW WHEN I GET IT BACK FROM TCB DAVID WHO WAS HIRED TO FILM THE GOSPEL SHOW AMONG OTHER BITS THAT WEEKEND.. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

PostSubject: Re: PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P   PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 3:46 pm

Ricky Aron wrote:
EDDIE P wrote:
On the Saturday it was competition time and i thought the standard was really good , the atmosphere in the Pavillion was buzzing and it was a real treat to sing there , however i was a little disapointed not to get into the top 5 , no disrespect to the guy's who did as Ricky Arron is a more than deserved winner as i thought he was excellent , but i was a little confused how a performer could get a standing ovation from the whole hall including at least 1 judge and not go through it's beyond me ???????? , anyway i did'nt let it bother me for to long as i just got on with the festival and i loved every minute of it . really looking forward to next year now , but i think i will need to rest till then to recover Laughing just finish with a big thank you to Beck without her i would'nt have been there at all , she is my soul and my guiding light x

Thanks for that Eddie, i actually thought you would have been top 5 myself!! I had the same problem last yr!!!!

Thank you Ricky , like i said no disrespect to any of the guy's who got there it just dispointed me a little and left me thinking what else i had to do scratch maybe the fact i came in a little early in the middle part of Way down went against me as i could not hear the music , but onward and upward , well done again i think your bloody superb mate nobody does 50's Elvis like you Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P   PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 4:21 pm

Well done Ricky on your win, and well done Eddie!!! and little Nicholas - Sorry we were not there to see the performances, hopefully next year Smile - Keep up the great work guys!!
Back to top Go down
johnny king
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
johnny king

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P   PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 7:28 am

BIG JULES wrote:
viva ronnie c wrote:
Jules
how did your lad do
he looks real talented

HI RONNIE NICHOLAS DID AMAZINGLY WELL AND ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE OF IT, HE HAS SURPRISED US IN HOW QUICKLY HE HAS GOT INTO THE FLOW OF PERFORMING AS HE ONLY DECIDED HE WANTED TO PAY TRIBUTE TO ELVIS IN MAY AND HAD TO LEARN TWO DIFFICULT SONGS FOR THE GOSPEL SHOW AND FINE TUNE A FEW OTHERS THAT HE LIKED TO SING ALONG WITH, HE HAS ONLY SUNG IN THE HOUSE OCCASIONALLY WHEN SOME OF THE GUYS COME OVER FOR A CURRY AND A BEER AND HAS BEEN TO ONE PRACTICE NIGHT SO WE THINK HE HAS DONE AN AMAZING JOB AND ARE VERY PROUD OF HIM, I WILL PUT UP FOOTAGE OF THE GOSPEL SHOW WHEN I GET IT BACK FROM TCB DAVID WHO WAS HIRED TO FILM THE GOSPEL SHOW AMONG OTHER BITS THAT WEEKEND.. cheers cheers

He was excellent Jules - and it was lovely to see you again.
At least I'll remember a lot more about it this time... :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnnyking.net
BIG JULES
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
BIG JULES

PostSubject: Re: PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P   PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 1:37 pm

johnny king wrote:
BIG JULES wrote:
viva ronnie c wrote:
Jules
how did your lad do
he looks real talented

He was excellent Jules - and it was lovely to see you again.
At least I'll remember a lot more about it this time... :-)

lol! THANKS JOHNNY IT WAS GREAT TO MEET UP AGAIN AND TO MEET YOUR BETTER HALF TOO, HOPE YOU HAVE RECOVERED NOW AND THANKS FOR LETTING NICHOLAS CHANGE IN YOUR ROOM lol!
Back to top Go down
Ricky Aron
Ricky Aron

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P   PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 3:26 pm

EDDIE P wrote:
Ricky Aron wrote:
EDDIE P wrote:

Thank you Ricky , like i said no disrespect to any of the guy's who got there it just dispointed me a little and left me thinking what else i had to do scratch maybe the fact i came in a little early in the middle part of Way down went against me as i could not hear the music , but onward and upward , well done again i think your bloody superb mate nobody does 50's Elvis like you Smile

Cheers bud Laughing
Much appreciated!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rickyaron.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P   PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PORTHCAWL FESTIVAL 2010 , EDDIE P
Page 1 of 1