WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

you tube

Go down 
AuthorMessage

you tube Empty
PostSubject: you tube   you tube Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 4:15 pm

Hi Guys,
last night we did a show in batley and what a show, we were on top form, from the stage set up to the lighting and to the boss being vocally superb,
our 3.5k logic rig, allen & heath mixing desk and a brand new sure beta 58a radio mike all working like magic, the sound was awsome, on my life i've never heard a rig as good as ours logic are something else and for those of you who know your mixing desks allen & heath are awsome machines, ours is un powered, and the beta 58a is much much better than the sm58.

our lighting is quality, we use lazers and flames and other one's too, the boss hates back drops, we use to use them but not now, what we have in stead is three card board cut out's of elvis around 6ft high each, a 50's elvis, gi elvis and a e.o.t elvis, looks good.

we had a video man there filming the show and the audience with our usual packed dance floor, all caught on film, so in a few weeks there should be ample footage of the boss in action, when it is done and on you tube i will let you all know so you can then see for your self why i think the way i think, the proof as they say will be in the pudding or in this case on film.

one other thing the boss realy hates with a passion above all else is when eta's mix there own sound on stage just like a club singer.

Regards
Joe king
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

you tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: you tube   you tube Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 4:45 pm

Well done on your show, Im sure it was a good night all round and I will look out for the youtube footage.
I must say though, whilst I do love the cardboard cut outs I think a desent quality backdrop really sets the scene. We have a gorgeous backdrop on goal posts that we also have some of our lights on. I think it looks nice anyway Very Happy
I dont think there is anything wrong with etas 'mixing their own sound' on stage. It does look a lil more professional but it has never put me off seeing an ETA if he is on his own and has to do it himself. I normally do it for Paul but basically all I need to do is flip it to the next song if he is talking in between as he normally does a sound check before hand and there is not really a lot of messing about to do Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com

you tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: you tube   you tube Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 5:16 pm

Hi lorna,
i've seen some great back drops and kinda like them but ray wont entertain one, you know what he's like from old, he says he looks that good on stage he dosn't need a back drop.

i know from talking with ray there are eta's he dosn't like or hold in high regard, but i know that he and debs both like paul, they both think he's a great guy, and ray loves the guitar paul got him uses it every show, he says he'll have a coff in tesco's anytime with paul, by the way thats the one in york lol.

hope you like the footage when it goes live.

I've just being on our site and listerend to rays 5 songs and think he does have the sound of elvis in his voice, maybe a touch deeper, but remember these were done in a studio as ray wood ie in normal clothes no adrenalin no audience and with ear phones on, a long way from being e.o.t on stage if you catch my drift, our live sound is much better. Take a liss
www.elvisontour.co.uk juke box page

regards
joe king
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

you tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: you tube   you tube Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

you tube
Page 1 of 1