WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ?

Go down 
+8
spirit of elvis
rock n roll rebel
EDDIE P
John Devil
Garry John
Dizzyblonde
val w (Kinky Boots)
eselvisfan
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ? Empty
PostSubject: Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ?   Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 12:47 pm

Hi Guys and Girls

As it will be you who will be attending i need your advice on something. We was going to charge £5 a ticket and all proceeds go to Eddiep we will also hold a raffle etc , However the venue we are thinking off also do food and they say it would be £5 a head for hot pot, chips, crusty bread and red cabbage.

Which in turn would make ticket prices £10 Dave and dawn can do the accomadation at the same cheap price as last time and the venue is apparently near the hotel.

The only snag is it looks like we either all go for food or not so in other words its a tenner a ticket for a evenings worth of entertainment and nice food to boot. And at the same time hopefully raising loads of money for eddieP's replacement gear. The Date we have in mind is Valentines Weekend so all you old romantics out there can treat that someone special cheaply lol.

Obviously we want to get as many poeople there as we can so this is why i ask what you prefer. Would also like to take the pertunity of thanking Dave and Dawn for there hard work so far top work guys.

Let us have your opinions asap

Paul.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Paul.
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ?   Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:31 pm

I think at most events or venues they make more money on there foods and drinks then on anything else. (put some extra sold in the food so people get thirsty) lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/
rock n roll rebel
Knocking On Gracelands Door
rock n roll rebel

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ?   Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:37 pm

Hi Essie
The venue order the food from an outside caterer. This is just an option, the hotel package will be the same as it was at the browser party. from what we witnessed at the browser xmas party,
they did not need any encouragement to drink. lol! drunken santa
Back to top Go down
memphisking@elvis1988.plu
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ?   Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 2:16 pm

i think valentine weekend is a risk as most etas will have bookings on that weekend as i wont be attending as i have a booking will there be a paypal account set up for donations also why blackpool again surely not everything has to be blackpool or porthcawl i do wish you all the success in the world with this as eddie is a great guy and dave and dawn are top hosts
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-memphisking.co.uk
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ?   Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 3:05 pm

rock n roll rebel wrote:
Hi Essie
The venue order the food from an outside caterer. This is just an option, the hotel package will be the same as it was at the browser party. from what we witnessed at the browser xmas party,
they did not need any encouragement to drink. lol! drunken santa

WHAHAHA Well, i thought it could had been a good idea!! lol!
But i forgot, it was in England.. Drinker haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/
spirit of elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
spirit of elvis

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ?   Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 3:10 pm

personally i would prefer to go for food before i went to the venue.
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ?   Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 4:41 pm

Paul, would there be anything else besides Hot Pot, as I dont like hot pot and some people might be vegetarian. I voted for the £10, but just noticed Dave and Dawn are doing the same hotel deal. I will go with the majority anyway.
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

PostSubject: Re: Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ?   Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 5:00 pm

memphisking@elvis1988.plu wrote:
i think valentine weekend is a risk as most etas will have bookings on that weekend as i wont be attending as i have a booking will there be a paypal account set up for donations also why blackpool again surely not everything has to be blackpool or porthcawl i do wish you all the success in the world with this as eddie is a great guy and dave and dawn are top hosts

Craig firstly we have allot of requests to do it in ST annes where the hotel is so its not really blackpool is it lol! . Plus with hosts like Dawn and David and everyone loving the last event we did with them its not supprising the request we have had to do it there again. As for ETA's preforming i have a list as long as my arm for ETA's who want to do there tribute and support eddie. But thankyou for your comments they have been duelly noted.

Paul.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

PostSubject: Re: Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ?   Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 5:02 pm

val w wrote:
Paul, would there be anything else besides Hot Pot, as I dont like hot pot and some people might be vegetarian. I voted for the £10, but just noticed Dave and Dawn are doing the same hotel deal. I will go with the majority anyway.

Hi Val i'll hand it over to dawn and david to answer as they are the ones who have spoke to the venue etc.

Paul.

Back to top Go down
memphisking@elvis1988.plu
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ?   Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 5:14 pm

i was not expecting anything else other than it be at blackpool eddie is aware of the venue i put forward as will andy from birkihead who attended a show on friday i just think its a shame that people did not get the choice i did pm you some 5 days ago with the idea of the venue i had in mind but i did not get a reply was i expecting one?????????? i have already given a donation and i will continue to support eddie as he is one of the great guys out there but i feel if that as soon as the event was suggested the venue was already in place.

PS DAVE AND DAWN ARE TOP HOSTS AND I WISH THEM AND THE EVENT EVERY SUCCESS
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-memphisking.co.uk
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

PostSubject: Re: Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ?   Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 5:22 pm

memphisking@elvis1988.plu wrote:
i was not expecting anything else other than it be at blackpool eddie is aware of the venue i put forward as will andy from birkihead who attended a show on friday i just think its a shame that people did not get the choice i did pm you some 5 days ago with the idea of the venue i had in mind but i did not get a reply was i expecting one?????????? i have already given a donation and i will continue to support eddie as he is one of the great guys out there but i feel if that as soon as the event was suggested the venue was already in place.

PS DAVE AND DAWN ARE TOP HOSTS AND I WISH THEM AND THE EVENT EVERY SUCCESS

Did i not reply ??? Sorry craig i thought i had , got allot going on in my personal life so my head is all over the place at the moment. As for the venue loads of people on the weekend suggested we do it again there , the only difference is we are not using the central club but somewhere closer to the hotels. Good job we didn't go with your suggestion of venue there cause like you said your not available lol!

But i Can tell you this everyone is so looking forward to valentines weekend and with the requests dave has had its not going to be long before the hotel is booked up again cheers cheers cheers drunken drunken drunken drunken

Paul.

Back to top Go down
Dizzyblonde
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Dizzyblonde

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ?   Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 5:22 pm

Hi Paul
We will go with whatever you decide as long as we get some food somewhere along the line to soak up the alcohol Drinker Drinker Drinker from past experience with our own shows the public are much happier paying £5 per ticket than £10 per ticket with food, am sure you will generate far more tickets sales at the lower price.
Debsx
Back to top Go down
http://www.ukelvis.co.uk
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

PostSubject: Re: Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ?   Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 5:25 pm

Dizzyblonde wrote:
Hi Paul
We will go with whatever you decide as long as we get some food somewhere along the line to soak up the alcohol Drinker Drinker Drinker from past experience with our own shows the public are much happier paying £5 per ticket than £10 per ticket with food, am sure you will generate far more tickets sales at the lower price.
Debsx

Hi Debs your going to have a busy weekend love , what with my makeup and mikes lol Looking at the poll we have a 50 50 split on the food so i would hazzard a guess we eat before we go lol , not only that how good is dawn and daves buffet lol lol!

Paul.

Back to top Go down
Dizzyblonde
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Dizzyblonde

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ?   Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 5:32 pm

Ha ha
Tell me about it !!! can do my own quicker than yous two!!! gonna sit you next to each other next time and do you both together lol!

Was great last time as we ate before we went so that was taken care of as when we get there you dont really have time to eat!!! The public dont want to pay for food either as we have discovered with our own shows in the past so we dont bother now. Dawn and Dave did do a really generous buffet as well and there was still some left when we got back after the gig (from what I can remember drunken )
Debsx
Back to top Go down
http://www.ukelvis.co.uk
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

PostSubject: Re: Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ?   Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 5:54 pm

Ok as requested for all those people who can't attend or can attend but want to send EddieP a donation to replace his gear just send money request using paypal to this email address edwinbraddick@btinternet.com . Eddie is so overwhelmed by all this but as i have pointed out if it was anyone else who going threw what eddie has he would be the first to volenteer his services cause he's just a great guy like that.

Paul.

Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ?   Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 6:27 pm

oh damm, ive just put a booking into my diary for valentines weekend..!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

PostSubject: Re: Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ?   Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 6:30 pm

Garry John wrote:

Cancel it mate your needed lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ?   Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 6:32 pm

Garry John wrote:

what a shame , would have loved you to have been there Gary Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.eddiepmemoriesshow.com
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

PostSubject: Re: Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ?   Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 6:35 pm

woohoo its for the eddie fundraiser though.. would'nt dream of missing it. to help raise some much deserved funding for a diamond bloke.. so me & mine will be there, & if you want me to do a spot again i would be honoured. but dave will have to make sure the bar is well stocked this time then we dont have to go to bed early again drunken drunken lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

PostSubject: Re: Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ?   Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 6:38 pm

Garry John wrote:
woohoo its for the eddie fundraiser though.. would'nt dream of missing it. to help raise some much deserved funding for a diamond bloke.. so me & mine will be there, & if you want me to do a spot again i would be honoured. but dave will have to make sure the bar is well stocked this time then we dont have to go to bed early again drunken drunken lol! lol! lol!

Gary your in the lineup mate would be a honour to work with you again , your so accomadating and i don't feel guilty drinking when your about drunken drunken drunken

Need my drinking buddy there deffo cheers cheers cheers Hope your bringing your lovelly daughters as well ???

Paul.

Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

PostSubject: Re: Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ?   Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 6:39 pm

Garry John wrote:

you sly dog Very Happy Very Happy so pleased mate , i enjoy your company a lot Smile
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

PostSubject: Re: Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ?   Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 6:54 pm

EDDIE P wrote:
Garry John wrote:

you sly dog Very Happy Very Happy so pleased mate , i enjoy your company a lot Smile
would'nt miss it for the world buddy and if i had had a booking already in i would have cancelled it. as your such a great guy who didnt deserve to be sh*t on like that..!!! i really did feel for you that night & dont know how you managed to put in that prefomance after it all. it was awsome. i only live 45 mins from blackpool so not far to travel, so when the final details are announced ill publicise it locally and try and generate some intrest from my end. dont worry mate we'll soon have you back on the road Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

PostSubject: Re: Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ?   Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 7:01 pm

pauldb38 wrote:
Garry John wrote:

Gary your in the lineup mate would be a honour to work with you again , your so accomadating and i don't feel guilty drinking when your about drunken drunken drunken

Need my drinking buddy there deffo cheers cheers cheers Hope your bringing your lovelly daughters as well ???

Paul.

no worries buddy, we'll all be there. would'nt pass up on another boozing session with you and your lovelly drunken drunken drunken wifey. lol! lol! so thats that fortnight at yours, jan at the norbreck and now rumble at st albans "2" were gonna end up in the priory me & you drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken jawdrop jawdrop lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
rock n roll rebel
rock n roll rebel

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ?   Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 7:03 pm

Hi Craig
I am sure most people knew last weekend, that we would help with a fundraiser for Eddie.
We didnt expect it to be here, and were only asked the other day if we wanted to do another weekend, as the fundraiser, we replied as long as people dont think its too soon to come up north. we were told a lot of people had requested that it was up here. as no one emailed us to suggest different venues,
as for the venue being decided as soon as it was announced. we thought as it was going to be up here, we need a different venue. we have spent days searching the internet, phone books, and we have phoned lots of venues.
the venue we have in mind, we went to have a look at yesterday, it is 2.5 miles from the hotel, none of this is being decided by 1 or 2 people, we are liasing with paul and lorna
most days, they give us any feedback they recieve, we also have etas calling in for brews and offering help and advice, wherever the show was going to be. obviously it all needs sorting sooner rather than later, as everyone will be busy at christmas and new year. sorry to hear you cant make it craig, from the sound of it there are lots of etas who are coming. maybe if another date had been chosen, there would of been far too many etas wanting to take part. as the comments on the forum prove Eddie is a very popular guy,
and as long as we all do whatever we can to raise the funds for his new gear, and show him he has everyones support, thats all that matters. santa rendeer

Last edited by rock n roll rebel on Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

PostSubject: Re: Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ?   Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 7:07 pm

Garry John wrote:
EDDIE P wrote:
Garry John wrote:

would'nt miss it for the world buddy and if i had had a booking already in i would have cancelled it. as your such a great guy who didnt deserve to be sh*t on like that..!!! i really did feel for you that night & dont know how you managed to put in that prefomance after it all. it was awsome. i only live 45 mins from blackpool so not far to travel, so when the final details are announced ill publicise it locally and try and generate some intrest from my end. dont worry mate we'll soon have you back on the road Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

very kind of you Gary , like many others your a credit to Elvis , he must be looking down with a big grin on his face knowing what his legacy as produced , very touching , very touching indeed Crying or Very sad Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ?   Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eddiep Fundraiser what do you think ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next