WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elvis- World's Best Kept Secret

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JRtherealJasper
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2007-08-13

Elvis- World's Best Kept Secret Empty
PostSubject: Elvis- World's Best Kept Secret   Elvis- World's Best Kept Secret Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 6:48 pm

Elvis' residencies at the Lake Tahoe Sahara have always been a mysterious and unexplored part of his touring years. We know so much about the tours and the Las Vegas shows but hardly anything about his Tahoe concerts from 1971-1976.
Great new book covering ALL the performances from '71-'76.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5f9ID5lUgFY&feature=channel_page
The photos in this book are out ofthis world- beautiful full colour and crystal clear. Some of them are so close you can see the individual threads and stitches on the jumpsuits! One nice surprise was photos of the 1974 Tahoe debut of the Sundial suit! A lot of people still think that this suit was only from 1977 but the '74 shots here prove otherwise.
On another note, it was interesting to hear Gene Doucette on the B&K DVD say categorically that there was ever ONLY ONE sundial suit and not 2 as was believed for many years. A lot of reports stated there were 2 of these suits and one had 2 buttons on the cuff while the other one had 2. But it's pretty clear now that there was only ever 1. I suppose if you think about it it makes sense as Elvis only commisiioned one of each of the embroiderd suits- Peacock, Dragon, Sundial etc. The esception was the Phoenix suits but the duplicates were all in different colours so I would still class these as all seperate and individual suits.
This book looks amazing and covers every single show. They have even spoke to Gene Doucette and included his jumpsuit sketches & even show the outside of the Sahara with the huge red letters "ELVIS!" on the building. Former employees of the Tahoe are interviewed as are the fans and there are some really nice backstage photos as well.
I'll definitely be going on the ebay now to try to get my hands on this gem....
While I'm here, I'll wish everyone a very happy and prosperous New Year and very best wishes to those entering Blackpool!
Back to top Go down
rabelvis
Knocking On Gracelands Door
Knocking On Gracelands Door
rabelvis

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2007-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Elvis- World's Best Kept Secret   Elvis- World's Best Kept Secret Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 9:29 pm

If you go on my website www.elvistributeuk.com there is a link on my Partner page to Joe and it's only $40 and he and Sue will sign it for you!! I think its the best book I have got yet!!!
Rob
Back to top Go down
http://www.avisionofelvis.com
JRtherealJasper
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Elvis- World's Best Kept Secret   Elvis- World's Best Kept Secret Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:26 pm

Cheers Rob! Yes I agree the book looks amazing....!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elvis- World's Best Kept Secret   Elvis- World's Best Kept Secret Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elvis- World's Best Kept Secret
Page 1 of 1