WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How it all started Blackpool Contest/convention

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PaulShookUp
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
PaulShookUp

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-07-30

How it all started Blackpool Contest/convention Empty
PostSubject: How it all started Blackpool Contest/convention   How it all started Blackpool Contest/convention Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:40 am

Dave is all shook up over the King of conventions...

12/11/2003

ELVIS has definitely not left the building.
For thousands of fans of the King are expected to get 'all shook up' as they gather for a convention to honour the lip-quivering hip-shaking legend.
Co-organised by Bramhall's Dave Sumpter, Europe's largest Elvis convention and contest will feature contestants from all over Europe, the United Kingdom and North America.
Dave, 40, has teamed up with Elvis impersonator Martin Fox - who was recently on ITV's 'Airline' as Elvis - to proudly present 'Walk a Golden Mile in My Shoes'.
Dave, of Waterloo Road, said: "I've been a hardcore fan for many years and started doing an Elvis website purely for fans, and through that I got to know Martin who is one of the UK's top tribute artists.
"We noticed that in North America there's been Elvis conventions but there's nothing like it in Europe so we decided we'd so something."
During the event an attempt will be made on the world record for non-stop Elvis singing by tribute act ***** *** - which will be sponsored to raise money for Christie's.
There will be a mass participation Elvis wedding vow renewal service with a free video of the ceremony for every couple participating.
Elvis's original jumpsuit makers Gene Doucette will be there along with special Elvis guests, Elvis traders, records, karaoke and videos.
"I think Elvis fans will be in heaven at this convention as everything to do with Elvis will be there," said Dave.
"Hopefully everybody that comes will have a good time and will want to go next year and it will be the start of something big."

How right that last comment was !

Anyone ever hear about Cheese and Onion Dave Sumpter ?? as we owe him a thank you as well.

http://www.stockportexpress.co.uk/news/s/311/311276_dave_is_all_shook_up_over_the_king_of_conventions.html
Back to top Go down

How it all started Blackpool Contest/convention
Page 1 of 1