WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

David Stanley On Elvis' Death.

Go down 
+11
Sean
Sophie
John Devil
val w (Kinky Boots)
shakysgirl
Garry John
Mike Shelby
memphisking@elvis1988.plu
TCBinaflash
Tracey
Lorna
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sophie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Sophie

Number of posts : 2545
Registration date : 2007-08-02

David Stanley On Elvis' Death. Empty
PostSubject: David Stanley On Elvis' Death.   David Stanley On Elvis' Death. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:12 am

A few years ago at the Fingerprints Of Elvis Exhibition In Liverpool...There was a tape you could listen to...which David Stanley did...he stated that when paramedics found Elvis he watched as they broke Elvis' jaw...as Rigamortise had set in...to clear his airway.

If anyones saw the picture of Elvis in his casket...which was open to public viewing...anyone will be able to see this just didnt happen. His teeth didnt look broken...or his jaw...infact...if you look at the picture real close...you'll be able to see it looks nothing like Elvis at all.

David Stanley concluded that Elvis took his own life...however...I conclude differently study Sophie. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: David Stanley On Elvis' Death.   David Stanley On Elvis' Death. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:57 am

I wouldnt really take what David Stanley says as serious anyway sweeite. I must admit when I went to the fingerprints of Elvis and heard what he had to say, I believed him, this is before I knew very much about Elvis at all, and at the time it didnt even cross my mind that he would be lying or bending the truth but after all I have seen, especially of his mother, I cant believe a single thing to come out of that mouth of his.

I dont think we will ever know the truth, and even if it was told to us, with all the other hundreds of theories flying about how would we know this one was the real truth.... we wouldnt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
Sophie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Sophie

PostSubject: Re: David Stanley On Elvis' Death.   David Stanley On Elvis' Death. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:07 am

Im not sure.....................And god knows how he put it on a tape. I mean it it...and will always be very personal stuff.
What I do ...is take a bit of everything, and make up my own mind as to what I think...maybe not what others want u to think.
But...........if it was made up...why..what possible gain could he have from that??
Back to top Go down
Tracey
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Tracey

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: David Stanley On Elvis' Death.   David Stanley On Elvis' Death. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:09 am

Why would anyone break someones jaw, to clear airways once Rigamortise had set in Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sophie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Sophie

PostSubject: Re: David Stanley On Elvis' Death.   David Stanley On Elvis' Death. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:15 am

They said to give mouth to mouth...save his life. Someone did apparantly say...why are we doing this, and they said...because its Elvis Presley.
Back to top Go down
Tracey
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Tracey

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: David Stanley On Elvis' Death.   David Stanley On Elvis' Death. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 12:40 pm

mouth to mouth is too late by this time Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: David Stanley On Elvis' Death.   David Stanley On Elvis' Death. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 6:30 pm

Joe Esposito gave Elvis mouth-to-mouth resuscitaion in a vain attempt to try and save him but Elvis had been dead for at least 3 hours.

Esposito was in total shock.

David Stanley's reputation in the Elvis world is a man who comes out with false accusations just to make money and sadly, cause of who he is, some fans believe him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: David Stanley On Elvis' Death.   David Stanley On Elvis' Death. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 7:12 pm

David Stanley's reputation in the Elvis
world is a man who comes out with false accusations just to make money
and sadly, cause of who he is, some fans believe him.
very true i yust wish someone would shut this guy up for good
Back to top Go down
Sophie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Sophie

PostSubject: Re: David Stanley On Elvis' Death.   David Stanley On Elvis' Death. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:07 pm

Im not a fan of Stanley at all...but heard the tape he made. It was interesting...but disturbing at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: David Stanley On Elvis' Death.   David Stanley On Elvis' Death. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 5:30 pm

Sophie wrote:
Im not a fan of Stanley at all...but heard the tape he made. It was interesting...but disturbing at the same time.

Thats because David Stanley is a very disturbed individual.
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: David Stanley On Elvis' Death.   David Stanley On Elvis' Death. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 9:21 am

Sean wrote:
Sophie wrote:

Thats because David Stanley is a very disturbed individual.

lol! lol! lol! Lol! You got that right Sean. I could think of a few more ways to describe him but I think we have a word filter on here Shocked Mad Woman
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
TCBinaflash
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBinaflash

Number of posts : 1416

PostSubject: Re: David Stanley On Elvis' Death.   David Stanley On Elvis' Death. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 9:35 am

Who is David Stanley??? apart from a minor mistake of Vernon's life Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisforeveryone.co.uk
Sophie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Sophie

PostSubject: Re: David Stanley On Elvis' Death.   David Stanley On Elvis' Death. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 2:14 pm

Im not sure that theyd let the tape through...unless it was u know...ok with them...I mean people do believe what he says...fan or not.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: David Stanley On Elvis' Death.   David Stanley On Elvis' Death. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 3:36 pm

Sophie wrote:
...I mean people do believe what he says...fan or not.

Thats the problem i have with people like David Stanley.

Cause of who he is, some people are gonna believe him no matter what he says.
Back to top Go down
Sophie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Sophie

PostSubject: Re: David Stanley On Elvis' Death.   David Stanley On Elvis' Death. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 3:47 pm

Well.....if it helps...I trust no one. Just Me...
Back to top Go down
memphisking@elvis1988.plu
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: David Stanley On Elvis' Death.   David Stanley On Elvis' Death. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:05 pm

Just to add to this joe never gave mouth to mouth as rig had already set in he states this in the dvd his best freind remembers as for stanley a complete waste of space
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-memphisking.co.uk
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: David Stanley On Elvis' Death.   David Stanley On Elvis' Death. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:34 pm

memphisking@elvis1988.plu wrote:
Just to add to this joe never gave mouth to mouth as rig had already set in he states this in the dvd his best freind remembers as for stanley a complete waste of space

You cant really take what Joe says seriously to be honest.

Over the years he has changed his story several times.

Its a known fact that Joe was a 'spy' for Parker reporting back to Parker in what Elvis was doing.
Just after Elvis finished his first Vegas engagement in '69, Elvis took a vacation to Hawaii and whilst he was there , planned a longer vacation to Europe but Esposito went to Parker and told him and Parker talked Elvis from going.

Elvis had planned to fire Esposito in '77 in the later years,and were not as close as some my think they were.

After 1977, he seemed only interested in money -- apparently even selling his own autograph, and his daughter's -- above all else.

An examination of his books reveals a lack of interest in things like detail, class or factual accuracy. That he has distance himself from long-time friends like Billy Smith, Marty Lacker and Red West speaks volumes.

He seems to have been more loyal to Parker than he was to Elvis.

I laugh when i see the title of his DVD 'His Best Friend remembers'.
'His Best Friend'? Yeah, sure he was. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sophie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Sophie

PostSubject: Re: David Stanley On Elvis' Death.   David Stanley On Elvis' Death. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:46 pm

I cant think of anyone...apart from Elvis's daughter who hasnt had a book out about Elvis...their friendship!! with him...his drug addiction...his death/conspirisy. I really like Joe..I have a lot of time for him, and he did seem like a good true friend. One person above was a part time memphis mafia group who lent money from Elvis which had to be demanded back from the court. Its a very sad situation.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: David Stanley On Elvis' Death.   David Stanley On Elvis' Death. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 3:43 pm

Sophie wrote:
One person above was a part time memphis mafia group who lent money from Elvis which had to be demanded back from the court. Its a very sad situation.

A person who you had never heard of until i told you his name (Marty Lacker) then you googled him and came up with this classic rumour.

Its not true.

Besides, Elvis never lent money to anyone.Why would he? He gave things away and in a court of Law they are considered Gift's.

Anyway, please give a link to this story.
Back to top Go down
Sophie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Sophie

PostSubject: Re: David Stanley On Elvis' Death.   David Stanley On Elvis' Death. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:25 pm

If you read the book by Todd Slaughter...Elvis 10 years after...its in there. Its not a fantastic book, but its good to collect and makes ok bedtime reading...with a bit taken from each of Elvis' friends etc.
And Todd as we all know is a huge Elvis fan...so he's got his best interests at heart.
Elvis...it seems lent money to quite a few people/friends n family alike.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: David Stanley On Elvis' Death.   David Stanley On Elvis' Death. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 5:04 pm

Sophie wrote:
If you read the book by Todd Slaughter...Elvis 10 years after...its in there. Its not a fantastic book, but its good to collect and makes ok bedtime reading...with a bit taken from each of Elvis' friends etc.
And Todd as we all know is a huge Elvis fan...so he's got his best interests at heart.
Elvis...it seems lent money to quite a few people/friends n family alike.

Well, for a start, the book is not by Todd Slaughter, its by long-time British Elvis fan Anne Nixon, who was on the same trip as myself, as were over 1,000 other British fans, in Aug '87 when i first went to Memphis and i spoke with her briefly about her times as a fan.I was only 19 when my knowledge on Elvis back then was quite limited and i can remember how interesting it was talking with her.
I know Todd as well who's only real contribution to the book was the editing.

But please can you point me to the part of the book, where it claims that Elvis lent Marty money and it was demanded back by the courts.

The only reference i can find about Marty is on page 187 (hardback edition) and it only says that Elvis helped Marty out of financial trouble, no mention of a court order.
Back to top Go down
Sophie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Sophie

PostSubject: Re: David Stanley On Elvis' Death.   David Stanley On Elvis' Death. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 11:16 am

Ive not got the hard back...and my copy was someone elses...i guess you'll have to read the book...and look for that part. Yes Elvis lent Marty money...a lot of money...and after Elvis died...because there wasnt much money left...and I wonder why...they took him to court to get Elvis' money back. I know ive told u that before...somewhere on here. I dont go round making up things u know. Tragically Elvis was a very genourous man...people took him for a ride, they used him.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: David Stanley On Elvis' Death.   David Stanley On Elvis' Death. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:24 pm

Sophie wrote:
Ive not got the hard back...and my copy was someone elses...i guess you'll have to read the book...and look for that part. Yes Elvis lent Marty money...a lot of money...and after Elvis died...because there wasnt much money left...and I wonder why...they took him to court to get Elvis' money back. I know ive told u that before...somewhere on here. I dont go round making up things u know.

jawdrop
Back to top Go down
Sophie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Sophie

PostSubject: Re: David Stanley On Elvis' Death.   David Stanley On Elvis' Death. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 2:27 pm

Hard to believe..but god sooooo very true!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: David Stanley On Elvis' Death.   David Stanley On Elvis' Death. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 9:31 pm

Sophie wrote:
Hard to believe..but god sooooo very true!!!!

Well lets take a look at the facts.

You didnt know who Marty Lacker was, till i explained to you who he was.

Then you tell me some info about him being taken to court cause he lent money off Elvis, is in a book, when you didnt even know who the writer of the book was, a book that you claim is good to collect.
I then find the book in my collection, ask you where in the book this info is, then you tell me you dont even have the book. Shocked

Oh you do make me laugh. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David Stanley On Elvis' Death.   David Stanley On Elvis' Death. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

David Stanley On Elvis' Death.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next