WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Col Tom Brought Elvis's death forward?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Col Tom Brought Elvis's death forward? Empty
PostSubject: Col Tom Brought Elvis's death forward?   Col Tom Brought Elvis's death forward? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 8:31 am

Col Tom Brought Elvis's death forward? Colparker_elvis

Sorry I thought Id put this in a new topic as its a totally different question.
As I was scouting around the internet looking for information about Elvis and the Col I noticed
this paragraph on the Elvis Wiki...

Surviving Elvis
After Presley's death in 1977, Parker became embroiled in legal disputes with the singer's estate and with his ex-wife over claims that he had brought forward Elvis's death by frequently jumping out on him during his most pill-addled days. Parker eventually agreed in 1983 to sell his masters of some of Presley's major recordings to RCA for $2 million and to drop any claims he had to Presley's estate. Parker moved to Las Vegas in 1980 and worked as an "entertainment adviser" for Hilton Hotels; the disputes with the Presley estate did not alienate him entirely from his most high-profile client. Parker appeared at posthumous events honoring Presley, such as the ceremonies marking the tenth anniversary of the singer's death and the 1993 issuing of the United States Postal Service stamp honoring the King of Rock and Roll.
The continuing interest in Presley's enduring legend, interest that is sometimes notable for its obsessiveness, provoked Parker to remark in 1993, "I don't think I exploited Elvis as much as he's being exploited today.

So my question is this, do you think that Col Tom was one of the reasons Elvis died so young?
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Col Tom Brought Elvis's death forward?   Col Tom Brought Elvis's death forward? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 6:13 pm

Im really not sure how to answer this of if i can but i will give my views on it.

The direct blame has got to be Elvis himself.
But i think the only person who could have stopped Elvis' premature death was Parker.

It seems from all the knowledge i have found out about Elvis' life then this is the one man who Elvis took advice from and could have saved him.
Parker knew how ill Elvis was and didnt do anything, instead pushing him to work his heart out and do as many shows he did when he shouldnt have been touring at all.

Parker conned Elvis, ripped Elvis off, took advantage of Elvis, lied to Elvis.

"Elvis walked into the room of death but it was Parker that opened the door".
Back to top Go down
Rockin T
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Rockin T

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Col Tom Brought Elvis's death forward?   Col Tom Brought Elvis's death forward? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:28 pm

Sean wrote:
Im really not sure how to answer this of if i can but i will give my views on it.

The direct blame has got to be Elvis himself.
But i think the only person who could have stopped Elvis' premature death was Parker.

It seems from all the knowledge i have found out about Elvis' life then this is the one man who Elvis took advice from and could have saved him.
Parker knew how ill Elvis was and didnt do anything, instead pushing him to work his heart out and do as many shows he did when he shouldnt have been touring at all.

Parker conned Elvis, ripped Elvis off, took advantage of Elvis, lied to Elvis.

"Elvis walked into the room of death but it was Parker that opened the door".

Can`t disagree with any of that Sean
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Col Tom Brought Elvis's death forward?   Col Tom Brought Elvis's death forward? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Col Tom Brought Elvis's death forward?
Page 1 of 1