WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Medicated Drugs will be the death of them all?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Medicated Drugs will be the death of them all? Empty
PostSubject: Medicated Drugs will be the death of them all?   Medicated Drugs will be the death of them all? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 11:26 am

Prescription Drugs – to me they are just as dangerous as illegal drugs if in the wrong hands.
As shows in the article in off Topic, more and more celebs are turning to drugs and ODing accidentally.

I was horrified to read that there are ghoulish tourist bus tours in Los Angeles that visit the sites of celeb OD deaths like:
Marilyn Monroe (1962), Janis Joplin (1970), John Belushi (1982), and River Phoenix (1993).

It goes on to say that the point is that those celebrities, and ODs like Elvis Presley and Judy Garland, were the big star death stories
of their year, maybe their decade – not of the month.

When you hear about the amount of famous people who have ODed inc: that of the above and Heath Ledger, Pimp C, Kevin DuBrow,
Brad Rentro, Christopher Bowman and Chris Brando, its chilling to think how lethal it is.

Elvis knew every ingredient in each and every one of his meds but I wonder if he knew what the effects would be if he took certain
‘prescribed drugs’ together? I also wonder if he did in fact OD as the article claims or whether it is just an assumption due to the fact
that his dependence on meds was reviled before his untimely death!

Wouldn’t it be proactive to find out whom these doctors are who are giving all these meds out like smarties and strike them off?
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
charmainejensenvoisine
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
charmainejensenvoisine

Number of posts : 2539
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Medicated Drugs will be the death of them all? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medicated Drugs will be the death of them all?   Medicated Drugs will be the death of them all? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 am

Lorna wrote:
Prescription Drugs – to me they are just as dangerous as illegal drugs if in the wrong hands.
As shows in the article in off Topic, more and more celebs are turning to drugs and ODing accidentally.

I was horrified to read that there are ghoulish tourist bus tours in Los Angeles that visit the sites of celeb OD deaths like:
Marilyn Monroe (1962), Janis Joplin (1970), John Belushi (1982), and River Phoenix (1993).

It goes on to say that the point is that those celebrities, and ODs like Elvis Presley and Judy Garland, were the big star death stories
of their year, maybe their decade – not of the month.

When you hear about the amount of famous people who have ODed inc: that of the above and Heath Ledger, Pimp C, Kevin DuBrow,
Brad Rentro, Christopher Bowman and Chris Brando, its chilling to think how lethal it is.

Elvis knew every ingredient in each and every one of his meds but I wonder if he knew what the effects would be if he took certain
‘prescribed drugs’ together? I also wonder if he did in fact OD as the article claims or whether it is just an assumption due to the fact
that his dependence on meds was reviled before his untimely death!

Wouldn’t it be proactive to find out whom these doctors are who are giving all these meds out like smarties and strike them off?

Well we all know that the majority of the medications that Elvis got was from Dr Nick (don't know how to spell the full name) and there was also a doc in Los Angeles he also called for medication. I do recall he tried at one time to get some drug off of Dr. Nick and he refused to prescribe it to him. So he got in touch with the doctor in Los Angeles and this doctor was more than willing to prescribe to him. I was also told that Elvis had a prescription pad and even wrote up some of his own prescripts and there was a pharmacist that would fill it for him.....

Hugs Charmaine
Back to top Go down

Medicated Drugs will be the death of them all?
Page 1 of 1