WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Brief History of A.P.EP.T.A

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PaulShookUp
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
PaulShookUp

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-07-30

A Brief History of A.P.EP.T.A Empty
PostSubject: A Brief History of A.P.EP.T.A   A Brief History of A.P.EP.T.A Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:44 pm

A.P.EP.T.A 's 4th Birthday

A.P.EP.T.A was formed in January 2005 following one of the January Contest/Conventions at Blackpool.

There are a great number of Elvis Presley Tribute Artists throughout the UK,and the rest of the world.
Many experienced and Professional performers wanted their own Association that reflected and gave recognition to their Profesionalism and standard of service.

The Association started with 10 invited members ( could you name them ?? )

We also started a second level of membership to reflect and reward all levels of ETA performer. and recently we have received several oversees enquiries and started an International section.

Both Full and Affiliate members are treated equally and receive the same membership benefits.

The aims of this association are to co-ordinate and promote its members as Professional Elvis Presley entertainers, who have agreed to be bound by a code of Professional conduct.
A Professional member of the association may work full time or part time as a ETA.
Professional is acredited to the high quality and standards that our members have as an ETA.
Membership of the association is only available to those Elvis Tribute Artists who meet the high standards required of the association.
This will enable anyone wanting to use the services of an Elvis Tribute Artist, to have a measure of confidence and quality in the Tribute Artist they wish to use.

Members Code of Conduct

All members of the association agree to be bound by the code of professional conduct.
Members will not bring themselves,the name of Elvis Presley or their fellow association members or other Tribute Artists into disrepute.
Members will carry out their professional bookings and other activities as a Tribute Artist to the highest standard possible.
Members unable to fulfill a contracted booking,or who have approaches for bookings they cannot take,will give another association member first chance of accepting these bookings.
Membership will be reviewed and renewed annually.
Any conduct or behaviour deemed un-professional,will lead to removal as a member of the association.

The Association's member's list is growing constantly and will soon reach 70 and is now a Who's Who of champions and contest and competition winners.
www.apepta.co.uk

Last edited by PaulShookUp on Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MichaelAMemphis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
MichaelAMemphis

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: A Brief History of A.P.EP.T.A   A Brief History of A.P.EP.T.A Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:47 pm

It is good to have this kind of thing going and I`m sure it will go from strength to strength.

What I think would help is if people knew what the difference between Full and Affiliate members and what you need to do to become a full member (or am I missing something)

Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.UKELVIS.CO.UK
PaulShookUp
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
PaulShookUp

PostSubject: Re: A Brief History of A.P.EP.T.A   A Brief History of A.P.EP.T.A Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:58 pm

Almost all new members start on the Affiliate section, unless their status in the ETA world is such that they warrant straight onto the Full section.

Affiliate members will all be able to become Full members, such as if and when they win or are placed in a major competition, their own status as an ETA is upgraded, I will also move members up, after a period of time as an Affiliate. so dont worry ' you will get there !
Back to top Go down
MichaelAMemphis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
MichaelAMemphis

PostSubject: Re: A Brief History of A.P.EP.T.A   A Brief History of A.P.EP.T.A Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 9:03 pm

PaulShookUp wrote:
Almost all new members start on the Affiliate section, unless their status in the ETA world is such that they warrant straight onto the Full section.

Affiliate members will all be able to become Full members, such as if and when they win or are placed in a major competition, their own status as an ETA is upgraded, I will also move members up, after a period of time as an Affiliate. so dont worry ' you will get there !

lol thanks Paul!!!

I best start working hard!!!
Back to top Go down
Mike Shelby
Knocking On Gracelands Door
Knocking On Gracelands Door
Mike Shelby

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: A Brief History of A.P.EP.T.A   A Brief History of A.P.EP.T.A Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:03 pm

Hi Paul - Just curious as there's been a few questions regarding A.P.EP.T.A with quite a few recently becoming affiliated members - is there still a fee to be paid to be moved up to the Full membership status and what exactly are the benefits to the full members?

On another point not all ETA's enter competitions - so does this mean they will never be invited to become members even though some may be of a suitable standard and professional in their approach?

Regards

Mike
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikeshelby.co.uk
PaulShookUp
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
PaulShookUp

PostSubject: Re: A Brief History of A.P.EP.T.A   A Brief History of A.P.EP.T.A Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:14 pm

There is a voluntary membership fee of £10 per year, and is the same for both Full and Affiliate members and as it says above all members receive the same benefits and are treated equally.

Nothing say's ETA's need to enter competitions or wait to be invited for membership an ETA can propose themselves or a fellow ETA can propose them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Brief History of A.P.EP.T.A   A Brief History of A.P.EP.T.A Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:41 pm

Paul ShookUp says: "Members will not bring themselves,the name of Elvis Presley or their fellow association members or other Tribute Artists into disrepute."

Paul...just a comment: I think the above is very important. It's also, in the past, been a "code of conduct" in North America. However, with the growth of "ETA Forums" all over the internet, I am sometimes really appalled at how some ETA's "bring the name of other Tribute Artists into disrepute."

I'm glad to see you have this in writing as at least a guideline.

Carol
Back to top Go down
MichaelAMemphis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
MichaelAMemphis

PostSubject: Re: A Brief History of A.P.EP.T.A   A Brief History of A.P.EP.T.A Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:59 pm

I hope I have not started anything here, that was not my intention - I was only asking out of interest, no more.

What I will say is that if u look at the ETA`s associated with A.P.EP.T.A. they are all, without exception and to the best of my knowledge, top ETA`s who "will not bring themselves,the name of Elvis Presley or their fellow association members or other Tribute Artists into disrepute." as has been mentioned by Carole. Very important.

Like everything the associaton will develop.

It would be interesting to find out if the association plans to expand and become more involved in events nationally. (Obviously I`m thinking of North East England)

Bet you wish you hadnt said anything PaulShook lol!
Back to top Go down
PaulShookUp
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
PaulShookUp

PostSubject: Re: A Brief History of A.P.EP.T.A   A Brief History of A.P.EP.T.A Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 5:20 am

I have no problem with answering questions about A.P.EP.T.A

Everything you read is on the Association website at www.apepta.co.uk and as previously mentioned it can only be as good as its members, so it is yourselves who make the Association what it is and what it will be.
Back to top Go down
Paul Richie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Paul Richie

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: A Brief History of A.P.EP.T.A   A Brief History of A.P.EP.T.A Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 9:10 am

Hi Paul
I think the first 10 were
MARTIN FOX
MICHEAL KING
JAY ASTON
PAUL MALLOY
NEIL J DUNCAN
PAUL RICHIE
LEE CASTLING
MARSHALL KING
LEE MEMPHIS KING
JOE KING
maybe got a coulpe wrong, not sure all the best to you and the family
Paul
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: A Brief History of A.P.EP.T.A   A Brief History of A.P.EP.T.A Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:26 am

Paul Richie wrote:
Hi Paul
I think the first 10 were
MARTIN FOX
MICHEAL KING
JAY ASTON
PAUL MALLOY
NEIL J DUNCAN
PAUL RICHIE
LEE CASTLING
MARSHALL KING
LEE MEMPHIS KING
JOE KING
maybe got a coulpe wrong, not sure all the best to you and the family
Paul

Yeah that sounds right and i was the first affiliate member cheers cheers cheers

Paul.
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Brief History of A.P.EP.T.A   A Brief History of A.P.EP.T.A Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Brief History of A.P.EP.T.A
Page 1 of 1