WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009

Go down 
+7
Elvis in Kent
Paul Richie
mikenova
MichaelAMemphis
Malcolm King
chris connor
spencer
11 posters
AuthorMessage
spencer
Walking in Memphis
Walking in Memphis

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009   Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 1:06 am

Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009 Kings%20elvis%20convention%20poster%20gif
Back to top Go down
spencer
Walking in Memphis
Walking in Memphis

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Kings Elvis Convention   Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 5:24 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQF0Ckn-7PM

www.kingsconvention.com
Back to top Go down
chris connor
Rocking in Lauderdale
Rocking in Lauderdale
chris connor

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009   Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 11:54 pm

this has been cancelled, performers told this evening
Back to top Go down
http://www.chrisconnorelvis.com
Malcolm King
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Malcolm King

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009   Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 8:15 am

Another ETA event cancelled, any information on why? Difficult times for everyone in the present financial climate, where ticket sales a factor?
Back to top Go down
http://www.malcolmking.com
MichaelAMemphis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
MichaelAMemphis

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009   Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:34 am

Might be more down to `cutting your cloth accordingly`, rather than the climate Mal.

Look at the line up - ambitious to say the least. Unless those guys were doing it as a freebee (I can`t see why they should) the cost would be massive.

It`s a shame for the guys who have agreed to do it - lost revenue I guess.

Chris, keep smiling my man. It`s not nice but these things happen. Worse, however, as it follows on the heels of Marks event being cancelled? Hopefully gets all your bad luck out of the way at the same time?
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.UKELVIS.CO.UK
Paul Richie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Paul Richie

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009   Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 5:04 pm

Sorry to hear that all those Etas have lost there shows this coming weekend, But thats A Micheal King event for you,WHAT COMES AROUND, GOES AROUND
Paul
Back to top Go down
mikenova
Knocking On Gracelands Door
Knocking On Gracelands Door
mikenova

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009   Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 5:15 pm

i agree Paul,all those lads have lost the chance to earn this weekend and wont find anything decent at this late notice.

enjoy the sunshine guys
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisreturns.co.uk
Paul Richie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Paul Richie

PostSubject: Re: Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009   Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 7:56 am

When you put on an event with the best part of 20 ETAs on the bill, of which most of them, are performing for free, there should be at least some sort of compensation for each and every one of them, all these etas will have little chance of getting any gigs to replace this weekends shows, but no dout the promotors will not give a -----. There should be some guild lines on these sort of events, because the only losers asways will be US
Paul
Back to top Go down
Elvis in Kent
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Elvis in Kent

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009   Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:07 am

I agree with you to a point, Paul, as I'm one of those ETA's that will be trying to find something worthwile on the box on Friday evening!
But taking the bigger picture, and defending Michael King a little, if it wasn't for the likes of people like him and Martin Fox who created the Blackpool Contest, then a lot of ETA's would not be where they are today.
Any venture, that relies on the public buying tickets is a risk.
I believe that most of the ETA's due to perform at Lakeside were doing so for free - don't ask me why - my misses can't understand it either, so it would be dificult to compensate someone who was offering his services for free in the first place. I accept the point about losing a possible gig, but I guess this is the risk that the guys involved had to take.
Maybe the problem with Lakeside lies in the promotion of the event. Something like this should have had some half-page adverts in the national or Sunday papers - expensive but you've got to speculate to accumulate!
Blackpool started quite small, as you know, and built over the years. The gig at Lakeside did not have that benefit so money should have been available up front to promote the weekend.
It's a shame, the line up of ETA's offering their services promised to make this an outstanding Elvis Weekend for those out there that are keen to buy tickets for such an event - but they have got to know about it!
Not sure there will be another - as most of the ETA's, I imagine, will be a little bit guarded next time.
Cheers
Neil
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisinthebuilding.com
Paul Richie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Paul Richie

PostSubject: Re: Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009   Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi Neil, i knew about this kings convention last year, and it was all about money making, i also put up a topic on here about this event and how 90% of ETAs were giving there time for free,but where was all the money going, but this was pulled off by the powers above, Blackpool is differant all togeather in my opion, you pay your money and take your chance, if you get somwhere in the blackpool comp, there is prize money, B&K suits etc to be one, and on top of that the title of europs best elvis, you cant compere these two events.
I know of some big ETAs that were asked to perform at this event at Lakeside, but were offered no money for there shows, so they said no and i dont blame them, it just goes to show you, who is the brains behind Blackpool, and that is why blackpool is a success and this lakeside event isnt.
I do feel sorry for all those ETAs that have lost out on working this weekend, but to Micheal King and the promoters it like water of a ducks back to them, BELIVE ME. At the end of the day all Mr. King is doing, is getting a bad name for hisself, if your not sure you can sell the tickets,then dont put the event on, and really dont let down 20 or so ETAS at the last minite, and then try and get them to come to your Blackpool event
Paul
Paul
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009   Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 1:48 pm

Paul i want to add comment here , your post you refer to that was removed was taken down for a couple of reasions firstly you was putting the event and its promotors down , something we do not agree with here on the browser especially when the very people your putting down are not members on here so not in a position to defend themselves.

The second reason is we recieved complaints about your post and thats the reason it was taken down. Paul i like you and don't want to get into a argument over this or falling out with you. But i thought it best to offer a explantion before it gets out of hand.

Paul.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009   Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:36 pm

hi guy's & gal's i have moved this topic to here for you all to take a gander at with regard to it's content please read and give your thoughts to this many thanks
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309

PostSubject: Re: Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009   Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 5:56 pm

Well, i must say, that i agree with them, that it is not good to cancel such thing at the last knowdest.
I think a lot of ETA's will think twice, when they be asked again, for some kind of event like that.
If you do this kinda thing, and cancel it, you rune it for others, that realy also want to do this, but ETA's wont trust it again...
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/

PostSubject: Re: Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009   Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 7:14 pm

the reason why i moved it to here was that i was a little concerned that a fellow e.t.a was having detrementil coments made about him and as he is not on here to defend himself i thought the coments were unfair
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009   Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 7:43 pm

petemoore wrote:
the reason why i moved it to here was that i was a little concerned that a fellow e.t.a was having detrementil coments made about him and as he is not on here to defend himself i thought the coments were unfair

I think if someone has been hurt by someone else it can take a long time to forget about it. It is a shame to have cancelled it with althoughs people booked on to perform. I think people have to make their own decision if they want to attend/compete, no matter who has arranged it they will, especially if it a recognised event. If you had not moved it Pete, it would have only turned into an argument, probably better that you did move it. The best thing people can do is advise people if they think promoters are not the best. It is hard for me to say as I am not an ETA, I am on the other side
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009   Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:38 pm

Hi Guys, personally i think it also best to have moved this topic off the main forum, as has been prementioned the promoters of this event do not visit this browser personally but however do have eyes & ears that do & i also feel this subject could get out of hand very quickly.. but i have to agree with some of the comments that this will get at least 1 of the co-producers of the blackpool comp a bad rep & could also rub off onto that very same comp therefore damiging next januarys convention "VERY INTRESTING TIMES AHEAD ME THINKS" "COULD THIS BE THE DOWNFALL OF THE WALK A GOLDEN MILE IN MY SHOES COMP/CONVENTION ME THINKS" espesially after TRENTGATE.. Sad Sad Sad Sad I FOR ONE HOPE NOT AS IT WOULD BE A SAD LOSS & A GET TOGETHER LESS FOR US PISSEADS lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009   Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kings Elvis Convention - Lakeside - 5th & 6th June 2009
Page 1 of 1