WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chris C in the Manchester Evening News

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Chris C in the Manchester Evening News Empty
PostSubject: Chris C in the Manchester Evening News   Chris C in the Manchester Evening News Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 5:46 pm

Hope you dont mind me putting this on Chris, but it was in tonights paper. Well done.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1115332_oldham_elvis_is_champ
Back to top Go down
Tracey
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Tracey

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Chris C in the Manchester Evening News   Chris C in the Manchester Evening News Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 8:48 pm

Oldham Elvis is champ

May 15, 2009
YOU could be forgiven for thinking Elvis is alive and well and living in Greater Manchester.
Because Chris Connor, of Summit, Oldham has been crowned European champion at the Images of the King contest for Elvis impersonators.
He has been belting out evergreen classics like All Shook Up, Hound Dog and Heartbreak Hotel professionally for 18 months.
His resemblance to the rock 'n' roll legend has now earned him a trip to Elvis's Graceland home, in Memphis. The prize also includes playing a concert with some members of Presley's band in Manchester.
Award
The 30-year-old father of one said: "It's fantastic. I didn't realise I'd get so far so quickly.
"I'm so made up, especially at the chance to visit Graceland. So far 2009 has been the best year of my career.
"It's great to be recognised with such a prestigious award and to have the chance of performing with Elvis's band members is just a dream come true."
Chris will perform at the World's Greatest Elvis Concert at the Manchester Apollo in August supported by the King's backing singers The Sweet Inspirations and drummer DJ Fontana.
"To be able to perform in front of thousands is a lot to take in," he said. "I can't believe when I'm older I can look back and say I played with his band which not many people are able to do."
The former Royton and Crompton pupil has always been a huge fan of Elvis but it was only after a karaoke night with work colleagues he realised his true potential.
Moves
"From being a kid I always loved Elvis," he said. "I listened to my dad's old records and liked what I heard.
"He had the looks and the moves and there'll never be another Elvis.
"I'd always been a fan but had never done anything about it. I used to work in construction and people used to say I looked like him and sounded like him and that's where it started from.
"I didn't get many gigs at first but now it's become full time. My friends all think it's great and I even met my girlfriend Lisa while out as Elvis.
"She's really helped a lot with it all but you've got to be a proper fan to make a living out of it."
Back to top Go down
chris connor
Rocking in Lauderdale
Rocking in Lauderdale
chris connor

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Chris C in the Manchester Evening News   Chris C in the Manchester Evening News Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 12:20 pm

lol not a great pic. also the write up wrong the prize didnt consist of playing at the worlds greatest!!! the prize was going to the heats at memphis. reporters eh!!!

chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.chrisconnorelvis.com
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Chris C in the Manchester Evening News   Chris C in the Manchester Evening News Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 4:53 pm

The reporter should let you read it before it goes to print, for accuracy. Nevermind least everything was good what was put in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris C in the Manchester Evening News   Chris C in the Manchester Evening News Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 10:44 pm

chris connor wrote:
lol not a great pic. also the write up wrong the prize didnt consist of playing at the worlds greatest!!! the prize was going to the heats at memphis. reporters eh!!!

chris

Hey Chris, I thought the pic was cool mate!
Reporters never do get it quite right but it's all good publicity Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris C in the Manchester Evening News   Chris C in the Manchester Evening News Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chris C in the Manchester Evening News
Page 1 of 1