WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS!

Go down 
+8
eselvisfan
PaulShookUp
John Devil
lance
GRACELANDS
val w (Kinky Boots)
pauldb38
MichaelAMemphis
12 posters
AuthorMessage
LISA
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
LISA

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2009-05-18

ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS! Empty
PostSubject: ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS!   ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 1:07 pm

Hi, hope everyone is well. As some will know myself and chris go to memphis on the 11 august, and chris competes in the final of the Images contest. We both are looking forward to the whole experience and visiting Graceland, sun studios, Beale street, etc etc. And also meeting eta's from all over that we have not met.
The competition is held at the holiday inn which looks great, and im sure the whole comp/convention will be so enjoyable. I myself wish Chris all the best in the comp, im sure he will do the uk proud. The only thing i am not looking forward to is the heat! Cant wait to see the ducks at the peabody also lol!! I will take lots of photos and will post some on here.
Cool

Love lisa x
Back to top Go down
MichaelAMemphis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
MichaelAMemphis

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS!   ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 1:13 pm

Have a great time Lisa and pass on my best wishes to Chris for the event.

If he wins it is well deserved, if he does not it`s a fix!!!

Take care

Mike
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.UKELVIS.CO.UK

PostSubject: Re: ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS!   ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:35 pm

Good luck with the comp, enjoy it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS!   ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 3:24 pm

Hi Lisa you will both just love memphis , if you get a chance go to forest hill crem where elvis was first laid to rest its a experiance you will never forget.

Good luck with the competition we are all hoping for a good result x

Paul.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
LISA
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
LISA

PostSubject: Re: ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS!   ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 4:30 pm

rrrr thanks alot much appreciated. Fingers crossed for Chris x
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS!   ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 5:49 pm

Good luck Chris Thumbs and have a great time Lisa. If you are near Beale street go in Texas De Brazil, all the meat you can eat. Wish we could be there.
Back to top Go down
GRACELANDS
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
GRACELANDS

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS!   ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 6:40 pm

hope you both have a magic time x
Back to top Go down
http://www.imeem.com/davegracelands
lance
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
lance

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS!   ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 6:50 pm

we hope you and chris have fantastic time in memphis ..
GOOD LUCK CHRIS
Thumbs Thumbs Thumbs
LANCE
TCB
Cool
Back to top Go down
John Devil
John Devil

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS!   ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:38 pm

Hope you both have a great time
Best wishes for the Comp
Knock em dead Chris looking out for you Buddy
All the best John & Carole xxx
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
PaulShookUp
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
PaulShookUp

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS!   ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:43 am

Have a great trip and good luck to Chris from all of us at A.P.EP.T.A

http://imagesoftheking.net/performers2009.php

Good luck also to Irelands entry
Ciaran Houlihan
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS!   ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 2:26 pm

Ooooww yaw will love it!!!!!
I wish you both lots of fun and great new memories!
And Chris good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/
Elvis in Kent
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Elvis in Kent

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS!   ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:15 pm

Hi Chris and Lisa.
Good luck but most of all enjoy the trip.
I did the contest in 2002 but didn't get a place.
Couple of things that may help.
When you go into the room they ask you to pick a number out of a box - that will be your running order. I picked out 19, I think, and that meant I was on towards the end - in fact I got on about 00.45 in the morning!
May be a different set up now but bare in mind each contestant was allowed around 20 - 25 minutes and they had 45 min showcases as well - it's a long, long night.
It can be intimidating there as well - you know what the yanks are like..full of self confidence and belief - not that there is anything wrong with that - but just don't let that phase you or dilute your belief in winning the contest. Keep yourself focused and just go on and do what you do in everyone of your shows - everything else that goes on is bullsh*t - if that makes any sense.
I always believe that there is absolutely nothing you can do about other performancers or judges but you do have control on your own performance - do your best for that 20 or 25 minutes - that's all you can do!
Knock em bandy - as Del Boy would say!
Neil Duncan
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisinthebuilding.com
memphisking@elvis1988.plu
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS!   ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 4:59 pm

i fly out on the 11th who are you flying with did chris manage to get a slot in the tent i am performing on the 13 at 7pm i look forward to cheering chris on

Craig
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-memphisking.co.uk
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS!   ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 7:44 pm

Good luck Chris and hope you both have a great time. Let us know how you get on. I am sure you will knock em dead Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
LISA
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
LISA

PostSubject: Re: ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS!   ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 7:30 pm

Elvis in Kent wrote:
Hi Chris and Lisa.
Good luck but most of all enjoy the trip.
I did the contest in 2002 but didn't get a place.
Couple of things that may help.
When you go into the room they ask you to pick a number out of a box - that will be your running order. I picked out 19, I think, and that meant I was on towards the end - in fact I got on about 00.45 in the morning!
May be a different set up now but bare in mind each contestant was allowed around 20 - 25 minutes and they had 45 min showcases as well - it's a long, long night.
It can be intimidating there as well - you know what the yanks are like..full of self confidence and belief - not that there is anything wrong with that - but just don't let that phase you or dilute your belief in winning the contest. Keep yourself focused and just go on and do what you do in everyone of your shows - everything else that goes on is bullsh*t - if that makes any sense.
I always believe that there is absolutely nothing you can do about other performancers or judges but you do have control on your own performance - do your best for that 20 or 25 minutes - that's all you can do!
Knock em bandy - as Del Boy would say!
Neil Duncan

Hi Neil, thanks for the message and advice and the best wishes, i will pass this on to Chris, or he will message you when he goes on line.

Maybe a little different this time, chris is in the final and is required just to sing 4 songs on the 15th. We looking forward to the whole experience, win or lose. Sometimes you gain more recognition not winning (ie blackpool this year!). Win or lose Chris will do his best, and if an act does better then fair play to them, as long as Chris feels he put his all in, thats that counts. There are some great eta's there and Chris is one of them, and it will be great to meet them also.

Take care Neil, and thanks for your support to chris.

lisa xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS!   ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MEMPHIS!
Page 1 of 1