WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig

Go down 
+5
eselvisfan
val w (Kinky Boots)
Dizzyblonde
Rockin T
memphisking@elvis1988.plu
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig Empty
PostSubject: Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig   Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 11:06 am

On Saturday we were all invited back down to Mike and Debbies for a gig they were doing that night. Their lovely daughter Becky babysat for us again so our Ebbs was in her ellement. Debs looked after us makin sure we were fed and watered. She then took the boys down to the club whilst I got ready then came back for me and picked up Dawn (another Memphis Bell) and gang.

When we arrived I was impressed with the room we were in at the club as it was really well situated as all the tables were facing the stage so everyone had a good view and Mikes sign looked great up there. The place started to fill up so we got prime seats at the front. The lights went down and out came the stunning Memphis Bells followed by Mike Memphis himself in his 68 leathers and gave us all a powerful up tempo set. I have to say that Mike is a brilliant show man but this time more than any other I really noticed how much of a good voice he has. He sang welcome to my world so beautifully, he has a really nice rounded Elvisy voice, once again a fab first set. Before we knew it we were all back stage eating onion bargies and cocktail sausages Dawn had brought for us all.

Soon it was time to do the second set and out came the Memphis Bells again followed by Mike in his white concho suit. The drink was flowing and everyone was really up for it and I think I was up on stage at least 3 times that night, hehe! One very memorbale one being flying the American flag with the Memphis Bells when Mike sang American Trillogy. The show is so fun and fast paced and Mike and the girls really make each and every one of the audience feel involved and special. Such a wonderful night and the crowd wanted more and more so Mike had to come out and do an encore which went down a storm then it was back to Mike and Debies for a drink, unfortunatly I didnt get to see much of it as the drinks were soooooo cheap at the club I was on vodka doubles all night and wasnt very well when I got back pale silent Razz Poor Debbie looked after me and made sure I was ok and Paul did too until I kinda passed out. Hehe! From the piccys taken afterwards it looked like they had a fab nite with Paul comin to bed at 3.30am, but Ill let them tell you about that. Hehe!

All in all we yet again had a fab time with such lovely friends who make you feel so at home. Thank you for a fab weekend guys xxx

Here are some piccys of the night (click to enlarge):
Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig D4b4f024695511 Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig 5fc1ef24695579 Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig 8617ea24695673 Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig 349adb24695786 Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig 451e1c24695895 Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig Fc664024695972 Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig E262ef24696076 Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig D0f78724696166 Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig 6c884524696290
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
memphisking@elvis1988.plu
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig   Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 12:21 pm

Sounds like another great night well done Mike
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-memphisking.co.uk
Rockin T
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Rockin T

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig   Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 12:24 pm

Sounds like an excellent night.

Well done Mike and all.

Lorna you`re a lightweight! Razz Laughing

Last edited by Rockin T on Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dizzyblonde
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Dizzyblonde

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig   Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:27 pm

Lorna I am gonna get you a a dress for the next time you come up! am gonna hang up my hairpiece (it suits Paul better in any case lips ) that way I can do the drinking and you can do the dancin !! haha you are far better at it than me and you know the routines off by heart now ! dont tell Paul though or he will want one as well ! had to fight him on Sat night for my hairpiece back !

We had a fab night and you guys always make it for us ! poor Paul ended up helpin Michael before during and after the gig and freezin to death at the end of the night as they got accosted by a mad woman outside the gig !

Just got home when Lorney took bad affraid dont even think you managed a drink back at ours ! never mind I am gonna have a bucket ready next to the bed the next time yous come up affraid Pauls face went white when he was holdin it for you, have never seen anyone more relieved when I come up to take over ! It was nothing to do with the alcohol of course is was obviously that bug that Ebony had. Have cleaned the jacuzzi out just in case (dont ask)!!

Was so excited on Saturday night as during one of the songs when we were on the dance floor I turned round to look at Mike and the stage and this girl had her tongue right down his throat - how he was managin to sing I will never know ! its a hard life being an ETA but he is a real trouper ! - she was only young as well, thought he had found himself a girlfriend but unfortunately she came as twosome with her mother affraid

Debsxxxx
Back to top Go down
http://www.ukelvis.co.uk
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig   Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:05 pm

We want to see piccys of Paul with his hair piece on. lol! . How do you stay calm when women are grabbing at you hubby, is it something you get use too. Sounded like a good night to me, Lorna shall we bring a couple of buckets for Eddie's fundraiser. drunken

Just seen the piccys of Paul with his hairpiece on the other page.

Last edited by val w on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig   Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:58 pm

Sounds like a GREAT night!!
You where on stage there Lorna??!! haha
Ooohh, my goodness, passingout??!!
Thank goodness for good people that could look after you!!!
Hope you are ok again, and dint get hurt..?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/

PostSubject: Re: Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig   Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 9:09 am

Well done Mikey, top guy & an excellent eta! Very Happy
Glad you all had a great time Lorna! x
Back to top Go down
Dizzyblonde
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Dizzyblonde

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig   Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 11:16 am

val w wrote:
We want to see piccys of Paul with his hair piece on. lol! . How do you stay calm when women are grabbing at you hubby, is it something you get use too. Sounded like a good night to me, Lorna shall we bring a couple of buckets for Eddie's fundraiser. drunken

Just seen the piccys of Paul with his hairpiece on the other page.

yes Val I would definitely advise a few buckets !!! we thought pink ones might be nice lol!

Paul definitely suited the hairpiece - its gettin rather worryin with the guys though when they are all discussin their make up and hair all weekend ! Mike was admiring Pauls hair and havin a bit feel at one point !!!

Debsxxx
Back to top Go down
http://www.ukelvis.co.uk
Lorna
Lorna

PostSubject: Re: Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig   Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 7:56 pm

Oh yes a nice pink bucket would be fab. Hehe! Awww fanx for lookin after me Debs. You even took me earings out for me and everything xxx

I missed Pauls try outs for being the 4th Memphis Bell. I got a shock when I looked through my piccys. There are some piccys I will be deleting for sure. hehe!
But I dont mind showing the ones of Paul as a Memphis Bell hehe!!!!

Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig D44d3f24829109 Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig B605f224829389
Back to top Go down
MichaelAMemphis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
MichaelAMemphis

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Thanks again for your kind comments all...   Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 8:06 pm

...and the review Lorney - the £20 is in the post Laughing

Probably the most amazing thing to me about the night is the fact that Lorna waa able to recall it so well lol!
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.UKELVIS.CO.UK
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig   Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 9:35 pm

Are we going to get a a re-run in February Lorna, lol! . Thankfully I am not the only one to be helped getting home, scary when you lose a full night, but that's what I get drinking a 1 litre bottle of vodka to myself. Sick in bed
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

PostSubject: Re: Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig   Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:41 am

Lol I know Mike, How I remember anything about that night is beyond me. Lol! I know I had a great nite thow. Thanks again guys xx

Lol Val you better believe it. Am in training at the mo so hopefully Ill be able to last a bit longer than last time. Lol! xx
Back to top Go down
John Devil
John Devil

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig   Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 4:25 pm

Lorna wrote:
Lol I know Mike, How I remember anything about that night is beyond me. Lol! I know I had a great nite thow. Thanks again guys xx

Lol Val you better believe it. Am in training at the mo so hopefully Ill be able to last a bit longer than last time. Lol! xx

In training now ? Ha! Ha!
what's so different now ? your allways in Training !!!
drunken drunken Drinker Cheers Mmmm Drinker drunken
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
How's Lily is He in Training aswell ?????????????????? lmao
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

See you soon John..
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig   Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 5:58 pm

very well done mike top guy and an even better eta you have earned all the praise that is coming your way
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig   Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 6:54 pm

well done Mike , does'nt suprise me you and the belles have put on such a great show , must catch you myself sometime , look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks , Eddie Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.eddiepmemoriesshow.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig   Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mike Memphis and the Memphis Bells gig
Page 1 of 1