WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Weekend With Mike and Debbie Memphis x

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Weekend With Mike and Debbie Memphis x Empty
PostSubject: Weekend With Mike and Debbie Memphis x   Weekend With Mike and Debbie Memphis x Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 12:18 pm

What a weekend! I think Ive only just sobered up. Hehe! On Saturday Paul, Ebony and I went to stay with and Mike and Debbie in their lovely new home. When we arrived they couldn’t have made us feel more at home. Ebony was in her element getting fussed by everyone and especially Becky, Mike and Debbie’s daughter who looked after Ebbs for us whilst we went to see the show. Debs had made a gorgeous corn beef pie, which I never had before and was gorgeous! Then with Vodka and Coke in hand we went up to get ready. Mike drove us down there and when we arrived at 6-6.30pm there were people already there! Hehe! We got our drinks and went back stage. There we had backstage banter with everyone, it was a great atmosphere and from back there you could feel the crowd buzzing waiting for Mike to come on. We quickly took our seats and before they came out and the place was packed!
Paul introduced Mike and he came out in his 68 leathers and had the crowd up straight away, including me. His voice was top notch and gave so much energy and life into his set it passed on to the audience and with the Memphis Bells in tow everyone was right into the Elvisy mood. So many fab songs covered including to my delight ‘Green Green Grass of Home’ which he sung beautifully. Before we knew it we were all back stage again. The drink was flowing and everyone in high spirits. Mike went to get his jumpsuit on and Debbie had secretly put in his new Burning Love suit which he didn’t know about and he was made up. It looked absolutely fab on him and out they came again, this time Mike and the Memphis Bells in red, it was definitely a party atmosphere. I have never seen Paul dance so much! Hehe! Such a wonderful night and the crowd wanted more and more so Mike had to come out and do an encore which went down a storm. It has been a while since Paul and I have been to see another ETA do a full show and after seeing Mike we have definitely got the taste for it again. One of the most sincere and respectful tributes to Elvis I have seen in a long time.
Then Mike drove us back to their house where the party carried on, so much so me and Debs didn’t get to bed til 5.45am! Haha! Such fabulous company, I am proud to class Mike and Debbie, their lovely family and friends as our friends. Next day I was so worse for wear but they looked after us all and they made us feel so at home. When it was time to go Ebony hid her socks (which I think still might be in yours Debs hehe) and refused to go! Haha! She was playing in Beckys room with Becky and when I said we had to go she said ‘bye bye mummy’ and closed the door on me! Haha!
All in all a fab weekend and what a lovely family and lovely friends x
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782

PostSubject: Re: Weekend With Mike and Debbie Memphis x   Weekend With Mike and Debbie Memphis x Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 12:36 pm

I will Echo everything lorna has said above, And Mikes tribute to Elvis was spot on , Elvis himself would have been very proud Of you mike. The thing that comes across with Both Mike and Debbie is what lovelly genuine people they are and this also shows when there on stage as well as off stage. One thing that struck me about Mike is he was very much like elvis off stage , ie very humble and friendly and you could feel the love from the guy, taking time to talk to the audiance etc

The place was buzzing and its not hard to see why Mike gets rebooked again and again.

I have total respect For Mikes tribute and i wish him all the very best with it but most importantly i'm very proud to call you both friends , again thanks for a awsesome weekend.

Paul.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Weekend With Mike and Debbie Memphis x   Weekend With Mike and Debbie Memphis x Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 1:23 pm

Sounds like you have unforgetable weekend guys & gals! Mike is very sincere with his tribute to Elvis going by the footage I have seen of him & he has a cracking voice! Glad it was enjoyed by all! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

PostSubject: Re: Weekend With Mike and Debbie Memphis x   Weekend With Mike and Debbie Memphis x Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 1:26 pm

Thanks Darren hun. We did have one hell of a weekend and spent in great company, who could ask for more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dizzyblonde
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Dizzyblonde

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Weekend With Mike and Debbie Memphis x   Weekend With Mike and Debbie Memphis x Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 1:52 pm

Hi Lorney and Paul
Thanks guys the pleasure was all ours !

It was great havin you for the weekend and boy can you guys party!!! we have certainly met our match in you two hehe. Good job I got Mikes make up on before we left the house or it never would have been done once we got there !

The drink was flowin backstage and Paul was great gettin the drinks in for us ! he even done the intros which was really nice of him.

The show went really well - was a bit worried in the first set when Mike jumped back on the stage which was about 4 foot high and fell over - I thought 'oh no here we go to hospital' but he managed to pretend he had done it on purpose - had to really as his foot was stuck! haha !!!

Lorna I have found my drinkin partner in you - we saw the boys off to bed at various stages, Paul was keepin up but eventually had to go to bed when his back went! Cheers Mmmm just cannot believe it was nearly six in the morning when we finally decided we had better go to bed!

Little Ebony is so cute - Becky could get over her she thought she was like a little doll!

Well Paul, Lorna and Ebony we cannot wait until the next time and this will be one weekend we wont forget in a hurry!
Debsxxx
Back to top Go down
http://www.ukelvis.co.uk
Lorna
Lorna

PostSubject: Re: Weekend With Mike and Debbie Memphis x   Weekend With Mike and Debbie Memphis x Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 4:35 pm

Hehe! Debs I forgot about Mike falling over, but as a true professional he carried on. He had some guts jumping down from the stage never mind jumping back up Laughing Laughing Laughing
Next time Im definetly going to stick to Vodka and coke! drunken
We cant wait for the next time either hun. Thank you for such a fab weekend. We loved it loved it loved it xxx
Back to top Go down
MichaelAMemphis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
MichaelAMemphis

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Weekend With Mike and Debbie Memphis x   Weekend With Mike and Debbie Memphis x Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 12:33 pm

I have just got back online!!!

Just to say a big thank you to Paul & Lorna (and Darren) for the kind coments - it is appreciated.

I am pleased you had a great time and it was fun for us to have 3 real nice people to share the weekend with. (your daughter is gorgeous, obviously takes afte the mother Very Happy )

Mike
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.UKELVIS.CO.UK
Lorna
Lorna

PostSubject: Re: Weekend With Mike and Debbie Memphis x   Weekend With Mike and Debbie Memphis x Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 2:47 pm

Lol thanks Mike, we had such a lovely time, thank you to you and Debs and your family so much for inviting us into your home and to your show. It was a fab weekend a most brilliant way to kick of the xmas celebrations.

Lorna x

P.S. Hope your taking care of your red suit - it is gorgeous! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekend With Mike and Debbie Memphis x   Weekend With Mike and Debbie Memphis x Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekend With Mike and Debbie Memphis x
Page 1 of 1