WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!!

Go down 
+4
pauldb38
MichaelAMemphis
LISA
Malcolm King
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Malcolm King
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Malcolm King

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Empty
PostSubject: Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!!   Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:42 am

Well I'm back home in Glasgow and want to say a big thank you to the
organisers, Elvi and all the Elvis fans for making me feel so welcome.
The festival was superb and I enjoyed every minute of it. I had such a
great time and was taken back with the response I got from everyone,
especially the feedback and support from all the ETA's I met there, you
guys were awesome. The wives and partners also deserve a mention,
because without you, we wouldn't be able to do this job at all, so
thank you also. It was a privilege to meet so many superb ETA's and
even more of a pleasure watching you all perform your tributes. I'm
already looking forward to next year, but helpfully I'll get the chance
to meet most of you before than at events around the UK.
Great to
be able to put faces to the names on the forum, and they guys I didn't
get a chance to meet, I hope you enjoyed the festival as much as I did,
see you all next year. Last but by no means least, a big thanks to Paul
Crosby, without him I don't have a show. It was great that he offered
up his services to Dave at the Hi-Tide and assisted when needed on some
of the sound desks around the venues....buddy You Rock!!!

SEE YA ALL NEXT YEAR!!!!!!

Forever Elvis

Malcolm King
Back to top Go down
http://www.malcolmking.com

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!!   Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:30 am

Glad you have a great time Mal, that's what it's all about, may see ya all there next year! Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
LISA
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
LISA

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!!   Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:48 pm

Hi Mal, was great to meet you also. Thanks for mentioning the eta's partners and wives, you are very correct in what you say...... which whilst on the subject, it was upsetting for me and Chris to be told at the festival, that there is a couple of people on THIS browser, who say that I am no good for Chris, and that I am too opininated etc. As i say it is only a couple of people, and this is not the general thought of eta's, but as i say it was upsetting to be told that, and to know that this has been discussed!!! These people have no right to comment on a relationship! and as many do know i support chris 110% and do a lot of work behind the scenes, so please keep your nasty comments to yourselfs, and dont be so two faced!
Also what is upsetting is, it was discussed after an event that myself and Chris helped to support, and gave up our weekend to do so!!
Any way before any one asks i will not say who told us, and will not mention the guys names, as they themselves know who they are, and i will discuss when i see them. It was great to see all you eta's at porthcawl, it was manic there, but you guys work your butts off! and all for pennies!!! which is another subject!! (remembeer what i said guys i will be your union leader lol!!! will adress that another time)
Me and chris go on holiday tomorrow, for a break with my son jack, and we cant wait. see you soon.

lisa x
Back to top Go down
LISA
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
LISA

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!!   Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:59 pm

forgot to say a big WELL DONE to mike nova, you pulled of one hell of a fantastic show with all the guys at the pavillion. x
Back to top Go down
MichaelAMemphis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
MichaelAMemphis

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!!   Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:00 am

I`m pleased u guys all had a good time. I must make it to one of these events soon - would be great catching up with you all.

Lisa, I`m suprised to hear what people are saying.

No one has said to me u r bad for Chris - people have told me u r the driving force behind Chris (obviously along with his tallent!!!) so might be worth checking what was said?

I have never met u or Chris, so u never know, after I do I might think u r bad for him
Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_lol

Only joking, I`m sure You, Chris, Debbie and myself would get on real well - I hear u r a big drinker and Chris aint - same at this end !!!

Worthwhile trip 4 u Mal? Paul get roped into working as a sound tech - that will teach him for being so clever!!!

Might cya all at Blackpool in Jan?

Take care
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.UKELVIS.CO.UK
LISA
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
LISA

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!!   Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:06 am

me a drinker.... never!!!! by the way chris was a little drunk saturday night lol!!! i was sober lol! yes sober!! friday i sang at the brentwood, i had my own little x factor panel!!! chris, paul malloy and nadine.
chris's response was.... you sing through your nose!! (what does he know)
pauls was....... there was no response he had tissue in his ears lol
nadines..... your the best

so i go with nadines opinion lol!!

thanks for the response mike, and yes im sure when we all meet up we will have a great time especially me and deb!!!

lisa xx
Back to top Go down
MichaelAMemphis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
MichaelAMemphis

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!!   Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:08 am

LISA wrote:

thanks for the response mike, and yes im sure when we all meet up we will have a great time especially me and deb!!!
lisa xx

But not Chris and I - Have u girls decided we won`t like each other Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Confused or r we both so boring we will have gone 2 bed Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Confused
Back to top Go down
LISA
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
LISA

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!!   Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:17 am

lol, no i meant me and deb will have a blast as we drink, you two will be in the corner miserable hahahah!!! moaning about us!!! Im sure you and chris will get on, and looking forward to meetin you. x
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!!   Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 7:55 am

Hi Lisa

I wouldn't listen to the he said she said brigade there just out to cause trouble. Both you and Chris are doing a great job in promoting Elvis and the ETA world.
What does this tell you about the person who told you oh you will never guess whats been said about you ??? When in the public eye so's to speak you set yourselves for compliments and insults doesn't matter what you do Eta , promoting your own stuff , tributes etc.

If you feel so strongly what i would do is PM the people you refer to and ask what was said cos at the moment the only thing that springs to mind is mountain and molehill lol.

Keep doing what your doing and just avoid ignore the he said she said brigade.

Paul.
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
Malcolm King
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Malcolm King

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!!   Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:31 am

LISA wrote:
Hi Mal, was great to meet you also. Thanks for mentioning the eta's partners and wives, you are very correct in what you say...... which whilst on the subject, it was upsetting for me and Chris to be told at the festival, that there is a couple of people on THIS browser, who say that I am no good for Chris, and that I am too opininated etc. As i say it is only a couple of people, and this is not the general thought of eta's, but as i say it was upsetting to be told that, and to know that this has been discussed!!! These people have no right to comment on a relationship! and as many do know i support chris 110% and do a lot of work behind the scenes, so please keep your nasty comments to yourselfs, and dont be so two faced!
Also what is upsetting is, it was discussed after an event that myself and Chris helped to support, and gave up our weekend to do so!!
Any way before any one asks i will not say who told us, and will not mention the guys names, as they themselves know who they are, and i will discuss when i see them. It was great to see all you eta's at porthcawl, it was manic there, but you guys work your butts off! and all for pennies!!! which is another subject!! (remembeer what i said guys i will be your union leader lol!!! will adress that another time)
Me and chris go on holiday tomorrow, for a break with my son jack, and we cant wait. see you soon.

lisa x

Like I said when we were chattin, there's always going to be that element about the ETA scene, I learnt that real quick. A good thing to do would be to challenge the people directly. Some people come up to me and say a load of crap about someone, I say, well go tell them! If your are in the company of someone and they say "Malcolm King said blah blah dee blah" call me while they are there and we'll soon see who is "at it" I'll give Chris a bit of credit here and say that I think if he thought having Lisa around was a bad thing, then she wouldn't be there! To Lisa....If your relationship is a factor in how far Chris has taken his tribute in the past eighteen months, then credit to you.....can you come work with me??? lol!!! He offers one of the best tributes to Elvis that the fans will ever get to see, not just here, but anywhere. Anyone who thinks otherwise is missing a screw somewhere. We can all do our tributes and we can all have our opinions, but it doesn't take a lot to show some respect where it's due.
Back to top Go down
http://www.malcolmking.com
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!!   Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:43 am

Totally agree malcolm i think Lisa should contact the people who have been accused and see what has been said. As far as it goes the person saying these things to lisa clearly has no respect to Lisa and Chris's feelings at all. Its these people that just love hassle and give the ETA world a bad name. Whats worse is the person doing the stiring must also be a browser member ? If so i would like to know who it is as this person has no place on the forum. We are here to support each other not back stab.
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
lance
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
lance

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!!   Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:57 am

well we are back from porthcawl; what a weekend !!!i would like to thank the organisers behind the scenes they worked their butts off !!
special thanks to linda,charles,kev king,albie sandra ,andy,jimmy g,young liam,gracelandjones,chris, lisa,marc george,willard ford,malcolm king,kirk turner n dad,john king,and the rest of the gang in the dressing rooms for making me n deb so welcome.. your right mal n lisa us boys/eta's need a good woman behind us !!!! Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! 57179
when i saw the crowds Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Affraid Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Affraid my bottle n **** nearly went !!! there was 1 or 2 bobbing about but of course the missus said oh you'll be fine and pushed me on the stage Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! 35213 Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! 35213 the crowds were fantastic !
some fantastic eta's and tributes to elvis presley himself .. i applaud the comradeship between all eta's ,wives, partners n families..
i was proud to part of the porthcawl festival 09 you all deserve a round of applause with an encore....
Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_cheers Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_cheers Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_cheers Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_cheers Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_cheers Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_cheers Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_cheers Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_cheers Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_cheers
LANCE
TCB
Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_cool
p.s
my feet have divorced me Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Lol
Back to top Go down
LISA
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
LISA

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!!   Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:37 am

i am confused now!!! and wont say why, but what i will say is obviously the person that told me maybe is wrong on who said! or blown the conversation out of context that was supposed to have been spoke about!
I think you guys are right, and not listen to idle gossip, to be honest Chris doesn,t everything goes over his head, but it upset me when we got told this. I dont need to pm anyone now, my answer has been given.
See you all soon. By the way Porthcawl was great, and we had a laugh in the dressing area, i have never seen so many naked eta's lol!!!! Got to say Lance i never seen your naked flesh, you must have hide!! lol. I have never ever seen so many elvis fans all in the same area (ok well i have in memphis) but not in the uk. It was fantastic!! i have noticed a welsh slur in my speech now though at times lol.

love lisa. x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!!   Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:07 pm

I agree with Mike, Paul & Malcolm. I have had my fair share of grief since my involvement with Doug. A small minority don't like to see others get on in this biz. There is alot of he said she said rubbish that goes on, I have learnt to ignore it now. People have told me so & so has said this about me & then I am told that I had supposedly said something about someone or some event etc, all just crap. Don't take any notice Lisa & Chris. We all have out opinions on people we meet, some we take to & some we don't & that's just life but if you have dislikes about someone then you certainly shouldn't go talking about it in public. Paul is right in saying the the person who told you this is also in the wrong & could be making something out of nothing as things can get distorted along the way. Same as Mike I have been told you are the driving force behind Chris & his spokes person. There is nothing wrong with being out spoken as people know where they stand with ya, I am the same. I have yet to meet you guys but I soon will along with Doug, looking forward to it very much X
Back to top Go down
GRACELANDS
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
GRACELANDS

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!!   Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:14 pm

lisa when people aint in the mix so to speak , they will do anything to spoil the party moment for those that are. This eta world Has so many do gooders but the truth is hun there are more back stabbers than there was in rome at the stabbing of ceasar. you will find out in time who are straight and who are out for themselfs i did , life is to short enjoy your moment with chris love those that love you and stuff the rest. chris is one of the finest respected eta,s out there, and thats not just down to him it is also with your love and guidance take no notice of the bullshitters go to those who they accuse and i bet the story aint nothing how they have told it scenario the wolf story good luck in all ya do hun
Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Ist2_710
Back to top Go down
http://www.imeem.com/davegracelands
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!!   Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:32 pm

cant believe the smallminded idiots & there playground antics & the constant tittle tattling its like being back at school. Never mind lisa you keep interfeering & mabye next year chris will go one better & take first place in memphis..personaly i think if these people in question are members of this forum perhaps you should p.m. Them. Oh & B.T.W. The slur isnt welsh it will be the large amounts of beer that you normally drink lol. Lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
LISA
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
LISA

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!!   Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:16 pm

thanks everyone, going to forget it now, its sorted. Ps people will start thinkimg i a an alky soon! lol. (down to you garry lol!!!) its not my fault you lads cant handle your drink! have fun in memphis next year, you will have a blast. dont do what i did and fall a rook into elvis's plants at graceland! i nearly twisted my ankle and chris said ' watch the bloody plants!!!' nice eh! (and i was not drunk garry before you say lol, i fell over my heels lol!)

love lisa.

ps me chris and jack goin on our hols now, be back in a week.

xx
Back to top Go down
lance
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
lance

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!!   Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:19 pm

have good holiday where you going???
LANCE
TCB
Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
MichaelAMemphis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
MichaelAMemphis

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!!   Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:18 pm

Well I think we are all crap and we should pack in - including me Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_lol

One thing I do think regarding what Lance said "We all need a good woman behind us"...almost right.

I prefer, from time to time, to be behind a good woman Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Lol
Back to top Go down
PaulC
Through Graceland Gates
Through Graceland Gates
PaulC

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!!   Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:47 pm

After 30+ years in the entertainment business, you get to feel the brunt of the old Chinese Whisper tree many times. I actually quit a promising TV career when I was younger and have regretted it ever since, all due to comments made behind my back which were blown out of all proportion after they were spread by a malicious individual. Needless to say, when it was too late, I found out what was really said and it was nothing like what I was told.
From that moment on, I decided to try to ignore any comments made. I now say that if people want to talk about me, they are more than welcome to do so. AS LONG AS THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT ME!!!

I met Chris and Lisa for the first time this weekend and immediately realised that you both have a special relationship with each other and your work. I admire this in both of you. Chris, you are a true professional. You love what you do and this is fully evident in you performance. Lisa, you are a special Lady with real emotion and belief in Chris and what he does.

I look forward to meeting up with you again in the future.

Respect to you both.

Paul.
Back to top Go down
http://www.legendaryperformer.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!!   Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Malcolm King - Porthcawl 09 - What A Blast!!!
Page 1 of 1