WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

24 Karat Hits And Elvis Is Back On SACD And 45 Vinyl

Go down 
AuthorMessage
danusia
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
danusia

Number of posts : 2967
Registration date : 2008-05-01

24 Karat Hits And Elvis Is Back On SACD And 45 Vinyl Empty
PostSubject: 24 Karat Hits And Elvis Is Back On SACD And 45 Vinyl   24 Karat Hits And Elvis Is Back On SACD And 45 Vinyl Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 9:35 pm

24 Karat Hits And Elvis Is Back On SACD And 45 Vinyl Cd_elvisisback
Steve Hoffman posted on his website that the albums "Elvis 24 Karat Hits" & "Elvis Is Back" will be re-issued on Super Audio CD and 45 vinyl.

This is his posting:

Don't know if this is a secret or not but the "Elvis 24 Karat Hits" album that I compiled for DCC back in the 1990's is coming out again on vinyl (12" 45 RPM) and SACD dual layer by Acoustic Sounds/Analogue Productions. "Elvis Is Back" (as wonderfully engineered by Bill 'DC to light' Porter in RCA-Victor's "Nashville Sound Studio B") is going to be reissued on both as well.
I will be doing the "Elvis 24 Karat Hits" remastering at AcousTech/Record Tech with Kevin Gray, from scratch again and it looks to be a bear of a job. Great music though.
Something to look forward to if you like Elvis. Also, the great "Elvis Is Back" album (his first album after the army) will be mastered at Sterling in NY from the "dash 1" stereo first generation tapes, flat (L2WY-1967-1 and L2WY-1968-1). Same tapes I used for the DCC. I think the DCC metal parts for the vinyl were reused somewhere in the world for a current pressing of "Elvis Is Back" so the old DCC is still available as well. The new AP version should be a different approach than my old DCC tube cutting so we'll see what happens!

Source: Steve Hoffman / Updated: Oct 29, 2009
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1