WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blackpool January 2010

Go down 
+6
val w (Kinky Boots)
Garry John
Fraser
chrisfield
PaulShookUp
eselvisfan
10 posters
AuthorMessage
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Blackpool January 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Blackpool January 2010   Blackpool January 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 5:18 pm

Just to thank everyone who went to Blackpool, it was great to meet up with everyone, Garry & Sam, Paul & Lorna, John & Carol, John & Sue, Pete said (Moore) & Sue. Had a great time, dont think I can keep up with 4.00am bedtimes anymore (but will keep giving it a try Blackpool January 2010 Lol ). It was geat to meet Essie & Johnny, Ikie, Ronnie C Blackpool January 2010 180949 & Dawn, Michelle & Chris. Think us browser woman might have gave the guys a run for their money Blackpool January 2010 683235 . Will put up some pictures soon. Lisa, going to take more crisps next time Blackpool January 2010 Lol Hope everyone enjoyed themselves. Sorry if I have missed anyone out.
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool January 2010   Blackpool January 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 5:24 pm

It was so nice meeting yaw too!!!
I am so sorry that i couldnt say goodbye.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool January 2010   Blackpool January 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 5:28 pm

Thats ok Essie, we didnt make it for breakfast on the last day. Glad you all got home ok, how do you deal with it being -22. Must of felt warm when you got to the UK.
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool January 2010   Blackpool January 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 5:39 pm

I dont deal with it, i just stay home!! haha
Now, if i do the grosery's then i dress up like a polarbear!!
I think it was sad, i couldnt give yaw all a big hug, saying goodbye.
I hope some day (hopefully this year, when the weather may be better) there will be a 'Elvis is in the Browser Festival' or so, just for the ETA's here to have fun, and have maybe some crowd, and each 30 minutes on stage for the weekend or so. That would be cool, i think!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/
PaulShookUp
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
PaulShookUp

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool January 2010   Blackpool January 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 6:33 pm

I'm ELvis Presley

• Blackpool January 2010 Transparent
  • Blackpool January 2010 Transparent

By Steve Myall 12/01/2010
Mirror's Steve slips into a jumpsuit for The King of all contests

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/01/12/i-m-elvis-presley-115875-21960468/
Back to top Go down
chrisfield
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
chrisfield

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool January 2010   Blackpool January 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 7:16 pm

was nice to meet all of you too have a great 2010
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvis1066tribute.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool January 2010   Blackpool January 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 9:57 pm

haha - Chris has a stutter!!! or a clicky finger posting 3 times!!!

It was great meeting you all, what a great bunch you are Blackpool January 2010 Icon_biggrin Sorry we did not make it up for the 4oclock sessions hehe - was knackered we are old codgers!! and need our rest. its amazing how tiring it can be having your meals cooked for you, no washing up, room service and just sitting around hehe ...

hope we all get to meet up again sometime soon, i am going to try and have a 4 oclock bender (thats a drinking session by the way Wink with yall.

Huggssss

Michelle
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool January 2010   Blackpool January 2010 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 3:31 pm

What can i say (from the comp/conv pospectious) what a cracking weekend,from start finish, awsome,the best yet if thats possible, leaving all the organisers one hell of a job to better next year Blackpool January 2010 Affraid Blackpool January 2010 Affraid & may i just add mr Darren Lee the star showcase from canada, i can trully see why he's setting vegas alight, what a showman, he had the audiance in the parm of his hand from start to finish Blackpool January 2010 616156 Blackpool January 2010 616156 Blackpool January 2010 616156 . old friendships rekindled & new lifelong ones made. congrats MR VIVARONNIEC on winning the novice comp thouroughly desereved bud...

However unfortunatley it saddens me to say having contracted the norous virus for the second year running & loosing time off work due to this, if next years convention is held at the norbreck i reluctantly will not attend as i gave the hotel the bennifit of the doubt this year after a major outbreak just before this years event & an alleged mass clean up was undertaken for the same to happen again Blackpool January 2010 Icon_evil Blackpool January 2010 Icon_evil & the fact that the hotel is not accepting responsabillity but blaming the guests themselves for bringing it into the hotel is amazing
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
Fraser
Rocking in Lauderdale
Rocking in Lauderdale

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool January 2010   Blackpool January 2010 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 4:14 pm

I havent missed a year of the competition, I thought that this year the standard was exceptionally high - with year on year major improvements from lots of ETA's.

I thoroughly enjoyed the performances from the members of the Browser and thought you all did a great job. I will say I was disapointed that some didnt get through to the semi final and final stages, but each to their own I guess.

I agree with you GJ, Darren Lee - what a performance - from the very first moment he exploded onto the stage - what energy. I may have heard better voices, but never have I enjoyed such a show so much - totally fantastic and would pay good money to see him again.

With regards to the Norbrek - I dont think we would return. We usually go as a very large group but this year it was just a last minute dash up for four of us. We didnt eat anything at the hotel, but sadly two of our small group have been quite poorly. The hotel blaming the guests - disgraceful - I may take it more seriously if the place was not so filthy.
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool January 2010   Blackpool January 2010 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 6:17 pm

jasper wrote:
I havent missed a year of the competition, I thought that this year the standard was exceptionally high - with year on year major improvements from lots of ETA's.

I thoroughly enjoyed the performances from the members of the Browser and thought you all did a great job. I will say I was disapointed that some didnt get through to the semi final and final stages, but each to their own I guess.

I agree with you GJ, Darren Lee - what a performance - from the very first moment he exploded onto the stage - what energy. I may have heard better voices, but never have I enjoyed such a show so much - totally fantastic and would pay good money to see him again.

With regards to the Norbrek - I dont think we would return. We usually go as a very large group but this year it was just a last minute dash up for four of us. We didnt eat anything at the hotel, but sadly two of our small group have been quite poorly. The hotel blaming the guests - disgraceful - I may take it more seriously if the place was not so filthy.
the one thing that i am starting to get concerned about is that the fast bad reputation that the hotel is getting should no way be associated with the comp or the organisers as they do a phenomianal job each year in making the convention bigger & better, they have never stood still in moving it forward,bigger & better. unfortunatley i personally dont know of another venue capable of hosting this prestigious event with the same facsillitys
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool January 2010   Blackpool January 2010 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 6:25 pm

I think the Hilton could hold it as they have held the Labour conference there I think. It is a shame that all the hard work and dedication the organisers had put it, just for the venue again to let it down Blackpool January 2010 Icon_mad . Not sure if I will be going myself next year.
Back to top Go down
John Devil
John Devil

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool January 2010   Blackpool January 2010 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 7:02 pm

Garry John wrote:
jasper wrote:

the one thing that i am starting to get concerned about is that the fast bad reputation that the hotel is getting should no way be associated with the comp or the organisers as they do a phenomianal job each year in making the convention bigger & better, they have never stood still in moving it forward,bigger & better. unfortunatley i personally dont know of another venue capable of hosting this prestigious event with the same facsillitys

I agree, The Dedication and Love of Elvis that the Organisers put in to this I feel is being undermined by the venue we want to continue to support and be part of this Conv/Comp
But truly feel we can not trust the Health of our Friends and Family to this Hotel
The Attitude of the Hotel Management is appauling and not in keeping with a Venue of this standing
I personaly think it is time to revert to Not having everything under one roof
and possibly go to some where like The Winter Gardens for the Convention/Comp
and to stay at one of the many good quality Smaller Hotels in the surrounding area
This can be done as we Know because this is how and where The Elvis Experience
was held a few years ago
I can see and do agree the prinsiple of everything under one roof but as stated
before, Hand on Heart I Feel the Venue is not up to it and it's not fair to the Organisers to keep putting them in this way as dont forget they stay in the same rooms eat in the same dinning room eat the same food and drink as the rest of us
Come on Guys we need to sort this out we dont want this Event to fold we want to be going to this for years to come But unfortunatly The Venue has to change
This is wrote with No Malice whatsoever and from the Heart
Kind Regards John..
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool January 2010   Blackpool January 2010 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 7:51 pm

Hear Hear nice to see the orginisers getting some positive comments here , the guys work really hard and do a fantastic each year and i for one appreciate all there hard work. Maybe if we air our concerns in a respectable way to the orginisers they will consider moving it ?

But a big thumbs up to them and if we at the browser can be of any help in futur events you can count on us for sure Blackpool January 2010 370249 Blackpool January 2010 370249 Blackpool January 2010 370249 Blackpool January 2010 370249
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
John Devil
John Devil

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool January 2010   Blackpool January 2010 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:08 pm

pauldb38 wrote:
Hear Hear nice to see the orginisers getting some positive comments here , the guys work really hard and do a fantastic each year and i for one appreciate all there hard work. Maybe if we air our concerns in a respectable way to the orginisers they will consider moving it ?

But a big thumbs up to them and if we at the browser can be of any help in futur events you can count on us for sure Blackpool January 2010 370249 Blackpool January 2010 370249 Blackpool January 2010 370249 Blackpool January 2010 370249

Spot on Paul. Blackpool January 2010 370249 Blackpool January 2010 370249
Back to top Go down
viva ronnie c
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
viva ronnie c

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool January 2010   Blackpool January 2010 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 1:43 pm

gotta agree with everything said.
and what a great idea for a browser festival .
as for next year , i really wouldn't want to miss it so if it is at the norbreck i may take alternative accomadation ,
maybe the browser booking a hotel nearby maybe.
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool January 2010   Blackpool January 2010 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 4:00 pm

I really enjoyed Blackpool and it did really kill us just going for the Sunday.
Loved meeting up with all the Browser gang and the regulars that attend each year. Paul and I didnt really have time to forge many new friendships as we were only there for one night but are looking forward to next year for sure and am lookin forward to getting together with you all throughout the year too.

I think the organisers did a great job and my mum and Ebbs were made up that they were able to watch the comp on line. Great touch. Hope this will be something that is done again next year.

However, I again am in agreement about the hotel. I wouldnt go back for love nor money and hope that it will be moved next year. Know it will be a big task but I would hate to miss it on the grounds of a dodgey hotel.

Here are a few piccys that I managed to take. Regreatfully none of the Finalists! Doh! Lol!

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=143117&id=722202835&l=9779e5173c
Blackpool January 2010 Album
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool January 2010   Blackpool January 2010 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blackpool January 2010
Page 1 of 1