WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010

Go down 
+7
mac-elvis
Garry John
Lorna
DJ STE
val w (Kinky Boots)
Sean
PaulShookUp
11 posters
AuthorMessage
PaulShookUp
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
PaulShookUp

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-07-30

Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010   Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 5:25 pm

Click through for full details.
www.elviscontest.co.uk
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010   Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 5:28 pm

Sorry, i wont be able to make it.

I,ll be in Memphis. Laughing

Good luck to anyone who enters.
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010   Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 7:31 pm

ooohh like to say i like the sounds of this Thumbs Thumbs Thumbs Thumbs but i have to say i'm dissapointed its gone back to three days Noooo!! Noooo!! we were only just getting warmed up by day 3 this year Drinker Drinker Drinker Drinker Drinker Drinker drunken drunken drunken drunken if you catch my drift lol! lol! lol! lol! count me in yeah..!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010   Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 7:46 pm

Oooooooooh that does sound interesting! We will be there for sure! I totally agree with ya there Garry! Our Thursday warm up was the best, we are all just gonna have to cram more in to the 3 days next year! Cheers Mmmm Drinker Elvis
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010   Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 8:35 am

Make sure you take your D&V tablets before you go. Sick in bed
Back to top Go down
DJ STE
Knocking On Gracelands Door
DJ STE

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010   Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 10:19 am

Why doesn't someone arrange a warm up/ jam night?....
I agree that Thursday night is nice and relaxed get to know everyone again before the big kick off on the Friday I'm sure one night in a b+b or an extra night in the norbreck wont hurt anyone. Just an idea.
I think now that the Europeans if not already is the biggest and best E-Contest in the world, I might work for the team and haven't been to the others maybe someone can prove me wrong but now in its seventh year surely it must be up there. Looks very exciting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stesmith.co.uk
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010   Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:57 pm

Lmao! Your a bad influence on us Ste but I like it... Lmao! Yes I think we could get the Thurs night thing going for sure. Last time Im sure thats were all us were drinkin an avin a laf togetha till past 3am. Garry and Paul did acapella in the other bar and Ebbs skanked Rob Kingsley and John Devil for sweets at the vending machines and the fruit machines.. just like her mother then Shocked Razz Razz Razz cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010   Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 6:39 am

not sure if we will be there this time, for those that do have a good one
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010   Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 6:46 pm

Sean wrote:
Sorry, i wont be able to make it.

I,ll be in Memphis. Laughing

Good luck to anyone who enters.
you lucky bugga.. where you stayin mate...???(at the days inn i bet..???????)
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
mac-elvis
mac-elvis

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010   Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 8:55 pm

i shall be there to win it this time lmao kiddin no i.m not lol i cant wait for it again and to meet all you lovely people again till then take care all and i hope your all well
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvismckenzie.4t.com
mac-elvis
mac-elvis

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010   Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 3:11 pm

just to say thats my form off for the comp now so thats it out the way need to start practicing now for it save as well maybe some day someone will pay me to sing lmao hope to see you all there and my main mans doing a show hell i will pay just to see that wits his name again ross rick o yes rob kingsley lol maybe this time rob i wont shout to loud over your recording sir lol lorna thank you hunny for your lovely words in my web site thanks hunny miss all you guys and dolls take care tracey your still my fave girl on here hunny lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvismckenzie.4t.com
pete k
pete k

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010   Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 4:19 pm

yeah shall be going on thurs too just to loosen up for the weekend

pete k
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvis35-77.co.uk
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010   Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 7:13 pm

pete k wrote:
yeah shall be going on thurs too just to loosen up for the weekend

pete k

Mines a pint of whisky drunken drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
craigETA77
Rocking in Lauderdale
Rocking in Lauderdale
craigETA77

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010   Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 10:31 am

I must say it looks like it's gonna be a Great Weekend i didn't make it last year as i was at the Britain's Best Elvis Contest in Stoke-On-Trent. But i hope to make this one it'll be nice to meet up with you guys there too TCB Craig Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mywayatributetoelvis.com
pete k
pete k

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010   Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 4:19 pm

drunken lol! hey paul i have booked the norbreck hotel already for 4 nights, 7th 8th 9th and 10th so the pint of whiskey will be waiting for you when you get there mate
drunken drunken drunken lol! lol! lol! Thumbs Thumbs Thumbs

pete k
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvis35-77.co.uk
Elvis in Kent
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Elvis in Kent

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010   Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:57 am

Oh dear!
I do have my concerns regarding this years contest.
I accept the need for change and to move forward and I appreciate I'm not in touch with all the finer details but...the judging of these contests has always been the subject of debate and critizism.
I'm always a little wary of any contest that asks the audience to vote.
What are the motives behind this decision?
If it's to try too encourage ETA's, who are in the contest, to bring as many people to the event as possible, then I believe it's the wrong motive.
How will the audience vote - surely not by a clappometer system - or will it be who cheers the loudest. Perhaps there is a more sofisticated system like the ask the audience on Who wants to be a Millionaire (quite costly I would imagine)
I believe the key to any judging has to be that the people who are asked to judge are entirely nutreal and not biased or favoured to any one particular contestant.
With regards to the judging of the final with an internet vote - well the least said about that the better!
I accept that the contest is just one part of the whole weekend but I do wonder why the organisers are out to complicate things in this way. As far as I'm aware the judging of the contest in 2009 took very little flac - so either everyone felt they got it about right or contestants have finally accepted that their decision is final and that's what you sign up for when you enter.
I believe the organisers have a responsibilty to ensure that all potential contestants know exactly what they are signing up for when they pay their entrance fee - I'm sure it will minimise the issues that might arise after the judging has taken place in January 10
My thought only as usual
Neil J Duncan
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisinthebuilding.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010   Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you ready for Elvis Contest January 2010
Page 1 of 1