WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

January 2011 Elvis Contest Convention Update

Go down 
+2
viva ronnie c
EDDIE P
6 posters
AuthorMessage
michael king
Through Graceland Gates
Through Graceland Gates
michael king

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-03-23

January 2011 Elvis Contest Convention Update Empty
PostSubject: January 2011 Elvis Contest Convention Update   January 2011 Elvis Contest Convention Update Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 2:32 am

Updates for the new January Contest Convention are now on-line at the website www.elviscontest.co.uk.
January 2011 Contest Convention dates are Thurs 6th, Fri 7th and Sat 8th (to co-incide with the birthday celebrations)

Over the past few months I have read and listened to all views on the previous events. It is with this in mind that I have decided to implement the following changes to make the 2011 event the best yet. May I also say at this point that the previous events have all been nothing short of fantastic and well received, however there is nothing that cannot be improved upon...apart from Elvis of course...

1. I listened to all the views on the venue location and comments on the hotel in Blackpool
I have moved the convention to a fabulous new home at The Hilton Metropole Hotel (next to the NEC Birmingham. Central to and easy access from all parts of the country). This is a fabulous hotel and i believe fitting for the 'Elvis Birthday Celebration'. Believe me you won't be dissapointed.

2. A fantastic deal has been done with the Hilton prices that is quite remarkable for a Hotel of this standard. This includes bed, breakfast, evening meal and all the fantastic Hilton facilities.

3. Hotel is 10 minutes away from major airport and train terminals with a FREE shuttle bus to and from the hotel.

4. I have also secured 20% off all bar prices at the convention

5. I listened to all the views on contestant fees.
Entry is FREE to all contestants that stay with us for the 3 days.

6. I have increased the prize money - 1st : £2000 2nd : £700 3rd : £300 (plus of course trophies and gift certificates)

7. I listened to all the views on the judgeing criterea.
Format is back to the 4 heats - top 20 in the final.
Judgeing will be by a select panel of 'Elvis experts'
I will also put a member of the general public on the panel (of course they will need good Elvis credentials. See website for details)

8. I have also designated a 200 block of seats as 'reserved seating'(again see website).

Waiting on confirmation of showcase performers which will be announced shortly.

Best wishes
Michael

P.S. Any constructive views either PM me or my contact details are at the website.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvismichaelking.com

PostSubject: Re: January 2011 Elvis Contest Convention Update   January 2011 Elvis Contest Convention Update Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 3:15 am

Great news Michael, Birmingham is alot more central, I feel it's a good move on your behalf!
Look forward to it mate Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: January 2011 Elvis Contest Convention Update   January 2011 Elvis Contest Convention Update Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:26 am

Smile really good - well done Michael - Hotel looks really nice Very Happy - and some nice changes there Smile

Best of luck with it.

Michelle
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: January 2011 Elvis Contest Convention Update   January 2011 Elvis Contest Convention Update Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:56 am

excellent decision , the contest needed a bit of a shake up , and like Daz said it is more central , this is a real pleasant suprise did not think the contest would move from Blackpool , a brave but right decision i feel January 2011 Elvis Contest Convention Update Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.eddiepmemoriesshow.com
viva ronnie c
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
viva ronnie c

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: January 2011 Elvis Contest Convention Update   January 2011 Elvis Contest Convention Update Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:30 pm

cant wait .
Back to top Go down
viva ronnie c
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
viva ronnie c

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: January 2011 Elvis Contest Convention Update   January 2011 Elvis Contest Convention Update Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:35 pm

by the way will the convention be called
walk a birmingham mile in my shoes January 2011 Elvis Contest Convention Update Lol January 2011 Elvis Contest Convention Update Lol
Back to top Go down
michael king
Through Graceland Gates
Through Graceland Gates
michael king

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: January 2011 Elvis Contest Convention Update   January 2011 Elvis Contest Convention Update Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 2:08 pm

Thanks for your kind comments guys it really is appreciated.

Changing venue was a massive decision that I feel is the correct one and your comments confirm this to me.....thank you.

Okay....as footnote to the above announcement...

Regards to the Contestant free entry offer.

From a logistical point of view it is obviously easier if a contestant buys the full package on entering the contest but we do appreciate that many save up throughout the year to go to the convention.
With this in mind a contestant may still send in his form now to register for the contest Free of Charge and he will be listed on the website and his heat placement will be confirmed.

We recommend that the Hotel package is purchased asap due to availability, and that the contestant must buy his gold pass by the 1st November 2010 latest to qualify him for free entrance into the contest.

Hope this helps...

Best wishes
Michael
www.elviscontest.co.uk
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvismichaelking.com
Malcolm King
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Malcolm King

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: January 2011 Elvis Contest Convention Update   January 2011 Elvis Contest Convention Update Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:02 pm

Really impressed with everything I've seen and read so far about this, credit to all involved as I'm sure it was a hell of a lot of hard work. Missed attending this year as I was in Memphis, but looking forward to 2011.

FOREVER ELVIS

Mal
Back to top Go down
http://www.malcolmking.com
Garry J Foley
Rocking in Lauderdale
Rocking in Lauderdale
Garry J Foley

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: January 2011 Elvis Contest Convention Update   January 2011 Elvis Contest Convention Update Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:52 pm

Michael...great new look website...love the venue...atmosphere is bound to be electric...

...booked my tickets / accomodation already...can't wait!
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisshow.co.uk
Rising-Designs
Walking in Memphis
Walking in Memphis
Rising-Designs

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-03-26

PostSubject: Re: January 2011 Elvis Contest Convention Update   January 2011 Elvis Contest Convention Update Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 9:02 pm

wow, i can see this now becoming even bigger!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January 2011 Elvis Contest Convention Update   January 2011 Elvis Contest Convention Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

January 2011 Elvis Contest Convention Update
Page 1 of 1