WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Karate Fever - New Release!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
danusia
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
danusia

Number of posts : 2967
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Karate Fever - New Release! Empty
PostSubject: Karate Fever - New Release!   Karate Fever - New Release! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 1:13 pm

Karate Fever - New Release! Karatefever_cover
The next release from Straight Arrow (SA 2010-15-02), will be the Las Vegas August 31st, 1974 Dinner show. Elvis Summer '74 Las Vegas engagement was quite memorable not only due to the inclusion of many new or unusual songs, but also due to the long monologues on various themes. In 1974, Elvis’ main 'non-singing' interest was karate and he was awarded with an 8th black belt degree from the Korean karate master Kang Rhee. During many of these summer '74 concerts, he tried to explain his audience what karate mean to him. Nevertheless, he was also singing more than ever and his voice was in excellent shape - he gave many memorable performances.
This is a previously unreleased audience recording. An early generation copy of the original mastertape was obtained and completely restored using today's advanced technology. The sound quality is remarkable for an off-line audio source.
Just like all previous releases from this label, this new CD will come in a deluxe package with a 16-page booklet, containing a collection of photographs taken in August / September 1974 as well as informative liner notes. This CD is set for release near the end of April 2010.
Tracks:
01. Introduction: Also Sprach Zarathustra - 02. Opening Vamp / C. C. Rider - 03. I Got A Woman / Amen - 04. Love Me - 05. If You Love Me (Let Me Know) - 06. It's Midnight - 07. Big Boss Man - 08. Fever - 09. All Shook Up- 10. Softly As I Leave You - 11. Hound Dog (with reprise) - 12. An American Trilogy - 13. (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel - 14. Introductions by Elvis of Singers, Musicians - 15. If You Talk In Your Sleep - 16. Karate Monologue - 17. Until It's Time For You To Go - 18. Let Me Be There (with reprise) - 19. Hawaiian Wedding Song - 20. Heartbreak Hotel - 21. How Great Thou Art - 22. Can't Help Falling In Love - 23. Closing Vamp / Announcements.
Approximate running time: 79:01

The next release from Straight Arrow (SA 2010-15-02), will be the Las Vegas August 31st, 1974 Dinner show. Elvis Summer '74 Las Vegas engagement was quite memorable not only due to the inclusion of many new or unusual songs, but also due to the long monologues on various themes. In 1974, Elvis’ main 'non-singing' interest was karate and he was awarded with an 8th black belt degree from the Korean karate master Kang Rhee. During many of these summer '74 concerts, he tried to explain his audience what karate mean to him. Nevertheless, he was also singing more than ever and his voice was in excellent shape - he gave many memorable performances.This is a previously unreleased audience recording. An early generation copy of the original mastertape was obtained and completely restored using today's advanced technology. The sound quality is remarkable for an off-line audio source.Just like all previous releases from this label, this new CD will come in a deluxe package with a 16-page booklet, containing a collection of photographs taken in August / September 1974 as well as informative liner notes. This CD is set for release near the end of April 2010.Tracks:01. Introduction: Also Sprach Zarathustra - 02. Opening Vamp / C. C. Rider - 03. I Got A Woman / Amen - 04. Love Me - 05. If You Love Me (Let Me Know) - 06. It's Midnight - 07. Big Boss Man - 08. Fever - 09. All Shook Up- 10. Softly As I Leave You - 11. Hound Dog (with reprise) - 12. An American Trilogy - 13. (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel - 14. Introductions by Elvis of Singers, Musicians - 15. If You Talk In Your Sleep - 16. Karate Monologue - 17. Until It's Time For You To Go - 18. Let Me Be There (with reprise) - 19. Hawaiian Wedding Song - 20. Heartbreak Hotel - 21. How Great Thou Art - 22. Can't Help Falling In Love - 23. Closing Vamp / Announcements.Approximate running time: 79:01
Source: email, 19 April, 2010
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1