WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

dean mack

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

dean mack Empty
PostSubject: dean mack   dean mack Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 5:15 pm

guy's as some of you may know dean is staying here with us for a short while, and it has come to our attention that he is showing as on line the only problem i,s his laptop is not running at this time so the question is if it is not dean then who is it ?????
Back to top Go down

dean mack Empty
PostSubject: Re: dean mack   dean mack Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 5:31 pm

who ever it was has now logged off i find this very worrying as it seems to be a security breach
Back to top Go down

dean mack Empty
PostSubject: Re: dean mack   dean mack Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:13 am

i take it that it is of no interest to anyone and here is me thinking i was doing my mod job
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

dean mack Empty
PostSubject: Re: dean mack   dean mack Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 8:40 am

I'm certanly no rockett scientist where computers are concerned. But as a moderator I would have firstly been advising dean to change his password... Then considering passwords are supposed to be personal & private start to consider who he may have given acess to these details
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

dean mack Empty
PostSubject: Re: dean mack   dean mack Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 9:30 am

I totally agree with you Gary as a moderator the first thing i would be telling the account holder is change your password , do i take it pete you never suggested this to Dean ? If he has already changed his password i would suggest maybe on a temp basis suspend the account ?

As for theres no interest here and who is doing there job , firstly we are not all on at the same time, and secondly over the last six months where was you pete when the other mods was asking for advice ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

dean mack Empty
PostSubject: Re: dean mack   dean mack Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 11:59 am

Pete, I have not noticed this topic yesturday and have only just come on this morning after a nice lye in. Has everyone has said Dean needs to change his password or asked for the account to be cancelled and redo another. Nobody was ignoring it as we take account breaching seriously.
Back to top Go down

dean mack Empty
PostSubject: Re: dean mack   dean mack Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:29 pm

well can i firstly say that i am fully aware of my moderator duties you are wrong paul in asuming that i didn't advise dean to change his pass word this is one of the first things i did and this he has done, also this topic had 7 views before a response from anyone , paul what advice was the other mod's asking for ? and you know full well that i have had a lot of stuff to deal with in the last six month's we all have our own things to deal with and it is true that we cannot all be on as often as we wish , i take this position you gave me very seriously and try to do the best i can.
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081

dean mack Empty
PostSubject: Re: dean mack   dean mack Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:58 pm

Have you checked the IP when this other dude was on-line?
Also are you saying that once Dean has changed his password someone is still coming in on his account?
The only other thing we can do is stop his account.

I think that what you have put is a bit of a slap in the face TBH Pete. There are loads of times you have been online and not responded to things in the Mods section. As Val said we do take this type of things VERY seriously as you well know!
Lets not be slating members of our team and work together to sort this out eh!
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com

dean mack Empty
PostSubject: Re: dean mack   dean mack Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 5:20 pm

no posts were made while some one else was on in deans name so no ip address came up , if i have not replyed to posts in the mod section then it is because i did not feel i needed to and as for a slap in the face don't you think i got the same from paul when he was claiming i wasn't doing my mod job correctly ? i do try to be part of the team as much as i can , all i was saying was that i think the issue as far as dean was conserned should have got a response sooner, if anyone think's that the coments i have made where unfair then i apologise to you all
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

dean mack Empty
PostSubject: Re: dean mack   dean mack Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 6:04 pm

Apology accepted then Pete! Not being funny but at nearly 7pm on a Friday nite is not the most popular time to be on line. I know me and Paul were not in as we were out avin a meal out etc.
You hadnt been on for over a month but had been on facebook so Paul was asking what was going on. We did not know you were giving ETA world a rest. We needed to know where we stood as we do need mods who participate and you were nowhere to be seen. So I think Paul had a right to ask what you were doing, dont you?
I dont want to fall out over this and it is going off the subject at hand.
So are you saying someone has been on since Dean has changed his password as this is a very important point.
Back to top Go down

dean mack Empty
PostSubject: Re: dean mack   dean mack Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 8:11 pm

lorna ,you and paul are the last people i want to fall out with believe me it is true that i was on facebook and not here ,at the time sue and i were living apart as i had moved to wales and she was still in the midlands sorting stuff out my moble phone signal was shit lol so the only way we could keep in contact was via facebook and as we were both at work during the day facebook of an evening became a habit but i am back now for as long as you want me here .as for dean and logging on no one has logged on in his name since he changed his pass word
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

dean mack Empty
PostSubject: Re: dean mack   dean mack Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 8:21 pm

Cool. Well at least we know no one has been on since he has changed his password. Obviously your advice has worked. Why people wanna hack into another account is beyond me, is not as if they cant get one of there own on here. Very strange. Am glad the problem has been resolved.

As to us Pete, am glad we are still friends. Life is too short to fall out over trivial shit. As far as I was aware you and Paul had discussed why you werent on the forum and it was settled then. Now this issue with Dean has bin dealt with can we put it to bed? I guess we just have to keep a close eye on Deans account for now but beyond that I think our work here is done cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

dean mack Empty
PostSubject: Re: dean mack   dean mack Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dean mack
Page 1 of 1