WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Least Fav Elvis Song

Go down 
+4
Sophie
TCBDavid
val w (Kinky Boots)
viva ronnie c
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sophie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Sophie

Number of posts : 2545
Registration date : 2007-08-02

Least Fav Elvis Song Empty
PostSubject: Least Fav Elvis Song   Least Fav Elvis Song Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:55 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5CU6_FFWK8 This has to be my least fav Elvis song. I know its wrong to have a least...but Im sure we all do. Whats urs??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least Fav Elvis Song   Least Fav Elvis Song Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 2:04 pm

Ohh Sophie, my least fave has to be Hound Dog!! - Never really liked it even the 70s version - Am lovin Polka Salad Annie though Smile
Back to top Go down
viva ronnie c
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
viva ronnie c

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Least Fav Elvis Song   Least Fav Elvis Song Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 2:18 pm

return to sender
cant stand it
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Least Fav Elvis Song   Least Fav Elvis Song Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 2:32 pm

Love Me Tender.

Not a song Elvis really liked either according to George Klein.
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Least Fav Elvis Song   Least Fav Elvis Song Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 4:09 pm

OMG I love Polk Salad Annie! Different strokes for different folks I guess.
My least fav is Old Mac Donald, Im sure that would have been one of his too! Lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com

PostSubject: Re: Least Fav Elvis Song   Least Fav Elvis Song Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 6:03 pm

good luck charm hate it Least Fav Elvis Song Icon_mad
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Least Fav Elvis Song   Least Fav Elvis Song Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 6:11 pm

Wasnt a big fan of Polk Salad Annie but has grown on me over the years.
Back to top Go down
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2010-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Least Fav Elvis Song   Least Fav Elvis Song Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 6:30 pm

not a big fan of elvis' version of hey jude.....dont really care for the song by anyone but i dont think elvis suited it....and i agree with sean on love me tender unless E is pissing about on stage during a live version then its not so bad
Back to top Go down
Sophie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Sophie

Number of posts : 2545
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Least Fav Elvis Song   Least Fav Elvis Song Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:47 am

I think perhaps I love love me tender as I see different images of Elvis singing it, it does make it more poingnent, if you see what I mean.
As for Beatles stuff...I dont think Elvis should have done them at all, they belong to them really. Hey Jude...is the perfect example of why...i agree with u up there about that!
Back to top Go down
Fraser
Rocking in Lauderdale
Rocking in Lauderdale

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Least Fav Elvis Song   Least Fav Elvis Song Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:49 pm

I love Polk Salad Annie - probably one of my fav's

But the song I really dont enjoy, and this is going to come as a bit of a surprise, as it is regarded as a bit of an Elvis anthem is ... American Trilogy.

I cant pin a particular reason as to why and when I started not to enjoy the song but recently Ive found myself nipping off to the loo or the bar when I have heard it being sung at concerts/conventions & competions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least Fav Elvis Song   Least Fav Elvis Song Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 3:40 pm

it is a bit long Jasper - I wouldnt put it in my top of the pops but, Id listen to it over and over again than hound dog hehe x x
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Least Fav Elvis Song   Least Fav Elvis Song Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 4:05 pm

Elvis did do some pretty dire film songs, and he would probably agree as well judging by the outtakes we have.

Ive never really liked Elvis' version of 'The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face', nothing can beat the Roberta Flack version.

Raised On Rock is another song which i dont really like.
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Least Fav Elvis Song   Least Fav Elvis Song Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 4:25 pm

I must agree there Jasper. I think it was all those comps Ive been to. Hear it once, lovely, hear it twice, not too bad but when you hear it like 10 times in one day it kinda looses the edge just a bit, lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
jason
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
jason

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Least Fav Elvis Song   Least Fav Elvis Song Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 6:01 pm

have to agree and say he should never have gone anywhere near hey jude. I think to be fair though the recording of this is maybe him just having a go but not really putting everything into it. kinda half hearted so to speak. i this even Elvis is aloud 1 little mistake. Old mac donald mmm i think the less said the better lol

have to say polk salad Annie's got to be one of the best. he should of done more like this. i think it's more down to the performance he gives with the movements and everthing that makes this so great
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least Fav Elvis Song   Least Fav Elvis Song Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 6:04 pm

some of the movie songs where a bit dire, like the old mcdonalds and queenie whainnie or however you spell it - but there was some pretty good ones too.. I gonna rush and start a new thread Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Least Fav Elvis Song   Least Fav Elvis Song Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Least Fav Elvis Song
Page 1 of 1