WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE---

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2010-01-25

BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE--- Empty
PostSubject: BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE---   BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE--- Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:12 pm

BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE--- BESTWELSHPOSTER

Due to recent developments with the Hi Tide venue booking a more profitable wedding on the same day as our event we are being forced to relocate despite selling over 800 tickets as they pulled the event.

We have relocated to the Brentwood Hotel who are more than happy to accommodate us. The event has been condensed into one large heat/final instead of separate ones starting at 2PM on Sunday 18th.

Hope to see many of you there.
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE---   BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE--- Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:44 pm

have to say something don't seem right about the High Tide canceling the comp , specially when you say 800 tickets were sold , the phone call i got was that ticket sales were slow and the High Tide only knew of one entrant , i smell foul play on behalf of The High Tide and maybe an outsider somewhere , hay ho , onward and upward , glad the comp as not been totally ruined and it as been moved elsewhere , i'm sure it will be just as big a success at the Brentwood , in fact it may even have a better atmosphere , look forward to seeing everybody there , and good to see Dean will be performing BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE--- Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.eddiepmemoriesshow.com
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

PostSubject: Re: BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE---   BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE--- Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:17 pm

thanks for the continued support, the hi tide situation i personally feel was extremely unprofessional on there part however that makes it even more important that this is a success to show them what they had missed out on, i agree with you on the atmosphere, i think it might even improve the event to some degree.

I look forward to meeting you at the event and i would be greatful if you could spread the word around friends and family and other etas regarding the changes to the event.

We want this event to happen so by god its going to happen one way or another
Back to top Go down
BIG JULES
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
BIG JULES

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE---   BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE--- Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:23 pm

SOMETHING DEFINITELY STINKS AND IT'S NOT EDDIE P'S FEET THIS TIME BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE--- Lol , THE HI-TIDE IS BANG OUT OF ORDER PULLING THE COMP, IT WOULDN'T SURPRISE ME IF A CERTAIN MR PHILLIPS PULLED THE " IF YOU LET THE COMP GO AHEAD THEN I WON'T LET YOU HAVE AN ELVIS EVENT IN SEPTEMBER " CARD ON THE HI-TIDE. WITH £800 WORTH OF TICKETS SOLD AND 3 WEEKS TO GO TO SELL MORE I THINK IT IS A VERY DIRTY TRICK BY ALL INVOLVED WITH IT AND I HOPE IT GOES WELL IN THE BRENTWOOD AND IF DEAN GOES AHEAD WITH IT NEXT YEAR THEN HOPEFULLY IT CAN BE HELD AT A BIGGER VENUE AS IT DESERVES TO BE......
Back to top Go down
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

PostSubject: Re: BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE---   BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE--- Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:30 pm

I always thought if you had a venue booked it was booked no matter what potentially better event came along for the venue its jsut to late but evidently thats not how it works in the Hi Tide.

I really hope all the problems we have had this year from greedy north wales venues to shocking behaviour from the hi tide hasnt put dean off doing it next year, the event has always had supporters and i think it can definitely go places.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE---   BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE--- Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:40 pm

its such a shame this has happened but regardless am sure it will be a superb evening - keep up the good work guys..

And yep, David i would have thought that if you booked a venue it was booked and shouldnt be shunted aside for what seen as something better coming along grrrr I do believe we reap what we sew and so when people and venues do rotten stuff like this I hope they are prepared for the bad harvest that will wing its way to them eventually! . what goes around comes around

BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE--- Icon_cheers to brentwood for saving the day - I have only ever heard good stuff about that hotel and the people who own and run it - so well done to them, hope ti get to stay there sometime soon Smile
Back to top Go down
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

PostSubject: Re: BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE---   BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE--- Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:45 pm

its the given for an elvis event in porthcawl that the after party will be in the brentwood so for this one we arent going to have to go far lol.

Michelle its great down there on an event but trust me it having beds is almost pointless the party is usually still going in the early hours of the next day lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE---   BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE--- Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 6:14 pm

Sorry to hear about the Hi-Tide, as Ed said something don't ring true at all??
The Brentwood is as good a place as any, sure it will be a success. Good to see Dean is on the mend, good luck to him . . .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE---   BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE--- Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 7:39 pm

it is going to be a fantastic week -end . there will be a getogether on the saturday afternoon a sort of meet and greet , may even be a song of two from some of the guy's lol i am sure all will go well with it and yes there will be another one next year it may even be at the brentwood again as bigger is not alway's better if it goes ok why change it ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE---   BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE--- Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 7:37 am

I agree Pete, bigger is not always better hehe, well in most instances anyways! BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE--- Lol
I am sure it will be a great success, feel a bit gutted that we wont be going Porthcawl now as was due to stay at brentwood and it seems sucha cool place but never mind always next year Smile

Good luck everyone entering and performing and David please get some footage for those of us who can't be there

huggs

Michelle..
Back to top Go down
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

PostSubject: Re: BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE---   BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE--- Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:04 am

I won't be filming any of it, mainly due to the amount of time and work that goes into editing etc after the filming is actually over. From the porthcawl launch night i had about 4 hours of footage and still have some un edited
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

PostSubject: Re: BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE---   BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE--- Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:07 am

don't worry Michelle , me and Beck will be taking our vid camera so we will try and get some footage of some of the guy's BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE--- Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

PostSubject: Re: BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE---   BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE--- Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:10 am

nice one eddie that leaves me to get merry lol.....hopefully there might be some good photographs as a friend of mine might be coming down who is an extremely good photographer
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

PostSubject: Re: BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE---   BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE--- Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:26 am

TCBDavid wrote:
nice one eddie that leaves me to get merry lol.....hopefully there might be some good photographs as a friend of mine might be coming down who is an extremely good photographer

i'm sure me and Beck will still be getting merry BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE--- Icon_biggrin you might just have to put up with some shaky camera work BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE--- Lol
Back to top Go down
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

PostSubject: Re: BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE---   BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE--- Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:33 am

if you saw some of my stuff at the laucnh you'd be fine....after several pints from different etas to say thanks for doing it by the time the last two got i was was on my 8th or so...quicte wobbly lol but im sure it will be fine
Back to top Go down
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

PostSubject: Re: BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE---   BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE--- Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:32 pm

RIGHT EVERYBODY WE ARE JUST OVER A WEEK AWAY FROM THE BEST WELSH EVENT, ITS BOUND TO BE A BRILLIANT NIGHT WITH SOME GREAT ETA'S COMPETING TO FIND THE NEXT BEST WELSH.

IF YOU HAVEN'T GOT YOU TICKETS YET YOU CAN GET THEM DIRECT FROM THE BRENTWOOD HOTEL ON 01656 782725

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE---   BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE--- Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BEST WELSH ELVIS 2010 ---UPDATE---
Page 1 of 1