WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Moderators getting a bit Chinese?

Go down 
+7
Tracey
Garry John
TCBDavid
chineseelvis
MichaelAMemphis
Dean-Mack
EDDIE P
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chineseelvis
Walking in Memphis
Walking in Memphis

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Empty
PostSubject: Moderators getting a bit Chinese?   Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 10:23 pm

I have been disbarred somehow from accessing my own post about the Kilimanjaro climb tv documentary project! I am used to internet censorship in China, where it is quite tricky to find articles about Tiananmen Square, for example, but to be barred from viewing your own posts on a forum that claims it is a community to reunite is a surprise and a step further than you get even in Chong Qing.

It says something like "you need special privileges to access this post"

Any explanations? I look forward to seeing them. Or watching this critical post being deleted! (I have made a screen grab just to ensure that I can prove I posted it).

And to think I was wondering why I hardly ever bother coming on here!!

Comrade to comrades, please release me from my bondage...
Back to top Go down
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2010-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Moderators getting a bit Chinese?   Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 10:54 pm

tbh bringing such farsical ideas for tv shows to a serious and respectful elvis forum deserves very little else
Back to top Go down
MichaelAMemphis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
MichaelAMemphis

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Moderators getting a bit Chinese?   Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:02 pm

chineseelvis wrote:

Possibly cause u have nothing else to promote? I don`t know.
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.UKELVIS.CO.UK
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Moderators getting a bit Chinese?   Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 7:39 am

chineseelvis wrote:
I have been disbarred somehow from accessing my own post about the Kilimanjaro climb tv documentary project! I am used to internet censorship in China, where it is quite tricky to find articles about Tiananmen Square, for example, but to be barred from viewing your own posts on a forum that claims it is a community to reunite is a surprise and a step further than you get even in Chong Qing.

Any explanations? I look forward to seeing them. Or watching this critical post being deleted! (I have made a screen grab just to ensure that I can prove I posted it).

to be honest i don't think you do bother coming on here Paul ?????? how long as it been ????
Back to top Go down
http://www.eddiepmemoriesshow.com
Malcolm King
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Malcolm King

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Moderators getting a bit Chinese?   Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:13 am

Not sure if a forum is the right place for you to be communicating with ETA's, as a quick look at your website gives me impression you think you're on a bit of a speciality act in comparison to every other working ETA out there. I'll give you the novelty value associated with being "Chinese Elvis" looks like it works for you. The website is littered with sexual innuendoes and references to your ability to recommend a good "pub Elvi" although you are clearly way above that level and everyone should expect to understand your fee's should reflect that. I'm sure you're CV is littered with many great achievements, those us simple mortal ETA's could never aspire to attain, but I'll tell you something for nothing, this picture tells me everything I need to know about "Chinese Elvis"

Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Hotelburger
Back to top Go down
http://www.malcolmking.com
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Moderators getting a bit Chinese?   Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:39 am

Paul your post was moved to the management section for descussion , as a result we deemed your post offensive to our members. You have been warned about this in the past but you have no respect for the forum or the members on it. And its clear to see you have not respect for Elvis either.

Carry on like you are and the mods may take the descission to ban you from the forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
Dean-Mack
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Dean-Mack

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Moderators getting a bit Chinese?   Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:40 am

chineseelvis wrote:

Cock Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.deanmack.co.uk
MichaelAMemphis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
MichaelAMemphis

PostSubject: Re: Moderators getting a bit Chinese?   Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:47 am

Dean, will u stop sitting on the fence please Smile
Back to top Go down
chineseelvis
Walking in Memphis
Walking in Memphis

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Moderators getting a bit Chinese?   Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:58 am

Incredible. Offensive to your members? How? And then I am getting abused on here! Amazing. Luckily I have a copy of it - with your own wife saying that she thought it a good idea, before the group mentality forced her to backtrack.

Then to be charged with not posting on here often - you can see why!! I do log in and see what is going on from time to time, but rarely feel the need to post. Why get into arguments unless I need to is my Buddhist way of thinking. The problem for me is, I think, a lot of people on here have confused being respectful to Elvis Presley with their job of being an ETA. These two things do walk hand in hand, but someone's values that they bring to an ETA tribute are not the only set which are valid. The other problem I have with posting on here, is that it is impossible to have an intelligent reasonable argument. Some of you to be frank are not going to win The Weakest Link - and some of you are looking to pick a fight. So forgive me for not being more visible.

The picture, Malcolm, is me wearing that famous Elvis look - denim jacket and jeans. Please explain why it offends you so!! Its a hotel that I stayed at. I do, incidentally, often recommend other Elvis acts because not everyone can afford my fees. I never work in pubs, so if a pub want me to work there, I will happily recommend a pub Elvis who will. I do consider myself different from you lot on here and you are right.

I think about the whole "Tribute" concept in wider terms than prevails on this enlightened forum for discussion. The terms here are extremely narrow; - even so far as thinking (though no longer saying, due to social pressure) that an ETA cant be black! (quote from Steve Preston's website, 10 ways to be a good ETA!).

You guys seem like the Elvis Taliban!! I am just relaxed, gigging, (often in your areas, which says something about the public and what they actually want) and am happy to let you guys argue and figure out who is the best and all rally around your own Osama Bin Laden. I never disrespect Elvis and I have no interest in "converting" anyone here. I believe to pay a tribute to Elvis you have to think like Elvis did, and he was inclusive, not exclusive. He would never condone banning me or anyone from anything. Let alone deleting a perfectly valid post.

The people who are all angry and inflexible and have their rigid ideas of what is right and wrong are like religious fundamentalists. I call them "Elvis fundamentalists", actually. Its all very black and white.

In conclusion, I don't agree with the paradigm that is so prevalent on here and have little interest always defending my ideas and beliefs with you. This is why I dont post here often. One rule for people who think like you and one rule for those who dont. I am literally being insulted here! Elvis would NOT be proud of this place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moderators getting a bit Chinese?   Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:56 am

Why do you keep bringing up politics and the such and referring to members here as if they are some kind of terrorists or groups - Please stop this -

To be perfectly honest i think the only thing Elvis would not be proud of is YOU and YOUR RANTS name calling and continued references to political matters.

As Paul has said your post has not been deleted its been moved to the mods section for discussion - and it will be discussed fairly taking into account the thoughts and feelings of “all” the participating members here, yes even yours! (not that you actually participate cept to advertise yourself) but most importantly retaining a respect for the memory and legacy of Elvis.

If this forum and the people here are so bad why post your idea here in the first place? And for someone who considers himself so super intelligent and a step above everyone else I am sure you would have no problem figuring out how to unregister yourself?
Back to top Go down
Malcolm King
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Malcolm King

PostSubject: Re: Moderators getting a bit Chinese?   Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:01 pm

"I am just relaxed, gigging, (often in your areas, which says something about the public and what they actually want) and am happy to let you guys argue and figure out who is the best"

EGO!!!! everything you post and most references on your website reflect your inflated opinion that you are somehow better than every ETA to walk this earth. No matter what the exchange, you always throw in a wee backhanded comment you feel necessary to put other ETA's in there place. If people are hiring you, it's as an Elvis novelty act, so I wouldn't agree with your opinion that your being hired at the expense of ETA's in their area, they ain't offering the same service as you, so there will never be a conflict.
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Moderators getting a bit Chinese?   Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:07 pm

Dean-Mack wrote:
chineseelvis wrote:

Cock Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_rolleyes

A DOODLE DOO Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
http://www.eddiepmemoriesshow.com
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

PostSubject: Re: Moderators getting a bit Chinese?   Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:43 pm

i think we can collectively say one thing to you Chinese elvis f**K off you pathetic tw@
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Moderators getting a bit Chinese?   Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 7:26 pm

michellep wrote:
Why do you keep bringing up politics and the such and referring to members here as if they are some kind of terrorists or groups - Please stop this -

To be perfectly honest i think the only thing Elvis would not be proud of is YOU and YOUR RANTS name calling and continued references to political matters.

As Paul has said your post has not been deleted its been moved to the mods section for discussion - and it will be discussed fairly taking into account the thoughts and feelings of “all” the participating members here, yes even yours! (not that you actually participate cept to advertise yourself) but most importantly retaining a respect for the memory and legacy of Elvis.

If this forum and the people here are so bad why post your idea here in the first place? And for someone who considers himself so super intelligent and a step above everyone else I am sure you would have no problem figuring out how to unregister yourself?
Moderators getting a bit Chinese? 35213 Moderators getting a bit Chinese? 35213 Moderators getting a bit Chinese? 35213 Moderators getting a bit Chinese? 35213 Moderators getting a bit Chinese? 616156 Moderators getting a bit Chinese? 616156 Moderators getting a bit Chinese? 616156 Moderators getting a bit Chinese? 616156 Moderators getting a bit Chinese? 616156 Moderators getting a bit Chinese? 616156 Moderators getting a bit Chinese? 35213 Moderators getting a bit Chinese? 35213 Moderators getting a bit Chinese? 35213 Moderators getting a bit Chinese? 35213 to the point as usual you go girlfriend Moderators getting a bit Chinese? 370249 Moderators getting a bit Chinese? 370249 Moderators getting a bit Chinese? 370249
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

PostSubject: Re: Moderators getting a bit Chinese?   Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 7:39 pm

The 1 thing i dont profess to be is the worlds best E.T.A. i just go out at every gig & give my all & pay my own personal tribute to "THE MAN" once in a while you stumble onto someone in the E.T.A world that thinks he's king you my friend are a complete "WANKBAG A FIRST CLASS TURD" I HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO YOUR CRAP OVER THE LAST FEW DAYS & WORDS TRULLY FAIL ME...i have checked your website out & listened to your sound bites & i have to say your not all that infact i'm about to commit A cardinall sin now by critisising another E.T.A. YOU ARE CRAP BY ANY CHANCE ARE YOU RELATED TO EDDIE V...????dont know who you think you are you patronising little man but DOES US ALL A FAVOUR & JOG ON...
Back to top Go down
Tracey
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Tracey

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Moderators getting a bit Chinese?   Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 7:53 pm

Looks like people have seen the light AGAIN Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

PostSubject: Re: Moderators getting a bit Chinese?   Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 8:11 pm

Tracey wrote:
Looks like people have seen the light AGAIN Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_rolleyes Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_rolleyes
how doyou mean tracey
Back to top Go down
MichaelAMemphis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
MichaelAMemphis

PostSubject: Re: Moderators getting a bit Chinese?   Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 8:11 pm

chineseelvis, you have now put on as many posts in 4 days as you have in the previous 18 months - good job!!!

One thing I am not, and I guess most of the people on here, including Steve Preston, is a racist. Please put that card back in the deck.

If I were a mod on here, I would ban you. You seem to be nothing more than an egotistical and opinionated buffoon!!!

I don`t know how good, bad or indifferent you are as an `Elvis` and to be honest, I don`t care.

What I do know, however, and it is a sad indictment on our society, is that people who are not very talented but are prepared to make a fool of themselves, make money (The `Big Brother` syndrome)
Back to top Go down
JRtherealJasper
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Moderators getting a bit Chinese?   Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 8:38 pm

Hi Guys,

I don't think all this hostility directed against Paul Hyu is called for and I feel quite sorry for him at the moment!

It's fair play if people don't care much for his project but he did'nt come on here to attack anyone and he ends up getting quite a bit of stick.

I speak as I find and from my limited dealings with Paul a while back, I found him to be a thoughtful and affable person who was more than willing to lend a helping hand to another ETA.

The ETA world is as diverse as it could possibly be- and it could'nt be any other way because Elvis himself "encompassed worlds" to quote Elvis scholar Gary Vikan. So I think there is room for everybody and as long as they have that passion for Elvis in their hearts and they don't go blatantly try to ridicule Elvis then I wish them good luck.

A few years ago I met an Indian gentleman who was actually a GP. He was in costume at the time in an obviously homemade jumpsuit and an obvious wig but I got talking to him and he was one of the biggest Presley fans you could meet and was a great guy and I'm glad I spent time getting to know him. He was doing his act out of appreciation for Elvis (I mean, he was a GP so he wasn't doing it for the money!) So I guess what I'm trying to say in my usual roundabout way is that we are all Elvis fans so why can't we all get along??

Cheers, JR.
Back to top Go down
MichaelAMemphis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
MichaelAMemphis

PostSubject: Re: Moderators getting a bit Chinese?   Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi JR.

What he does and how he makes his cash is no concern of mine.

However, it is the way he put it.

I don`t have it to hand, but his original post said, in effect, that anyone who said anything against his idea was a moron.

In this post he has passed a variety of comments about people that were out of order - he even made reference to Steve Preston for no reason at all!!!

The comment I made "an egotistical and opinionated buffoon" - check back as to what he has said in this post alone, I could break it down step by step, but I can`t be bothered.
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

PostSubject: Re: Moderators getting a bit Chinese?   Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:12 pm

JRtherealJasper wrote:
Hi Guys,

I don't think all this hostility directed against Paul Hyu is called for and I feel quite sorry for him at the moment!

It's fair play if people don't care much for his project but he did'nt come on here to attack anyone and he ends up getting quite a bit of stick.

I speak as I find and from my limited dealings with Paul a while back, I found him to be a thoughtful and affable person who was more than willing to lend a helping hand to another ETA.

The ETA world is as diverse as it could possibly be- and it could'nt be any other way because Elvis himself "encompassed worlds" to quote Elvis scholar Gary Vikan. So I think there is room for everybody and as long as they have that passion for Elvis in their hearts and they don't go blatantly try to ridicule Elvis then I wish them good luck.

A few years ago I met an Indian gentleman who was actually a GP. He was in costume at the time in an obviously homemade jumpsuit and an obvious wig but I got talking to him and he was one of the biggest Presley fans you could meet and was a great guy and I'm glad I spent time getting to know him. He was doing his act out of appreciation for Elvis (I mean, he was a GP so he wasn't doing it for the money!) So I guess what I'm trying to say in my usual roundabout way is that we are all Elvis fans so why can't we all get along??

Cheers, JR.
sorry j.r. but you obviously are short on "facts" mr hyu is the one coming on here from the offset attacking the mods & members of this forum insinuating that we are morons, moaners, then a species lower than a moron,labelled a dictatorship.he has pretty much accused all E.T.A'S ON HERE AS BEING NOTHING MORE THAN PUB SINGERS & NOWHERE NEAR HIS EQUAL. OH & THE CHERRY ON THE ICEING TERRORISTS & RACIST Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_evil Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_evil Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_evil Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_evil THINK YOU NEED TO GET A LITTLE MORE UP TO DATE BEFORE PASSING JUDGEMENT MATE
Back to top Go down
Malcolm King
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Malcolm King

PostSubject: Re: Moderators getting a bit Chinese?   Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:37 pm

I'm standing by what I've written. Reviewing some of his videos he clearly needs to educate himself on his knowledge of Elvis.

To quote from a live TV interview: Elvis "he was a big fan of Kung Fu, but was never particularly good at it, but they gave him an honorary black belt because of who he was, Elvis Presley...so give him a black belt!!" Paul then demonstrates the limpest attempt ever at some martial arts moves. Paul!!!! research Elvis and the facts on his achievements in Karate. His on stage performances and at time the Karate he incorporated into his act were dynamite. He wasn't kidding about and at times the focus in his demonstrations was so accurate it was frightening.

READ A BOOK OR TWO....my suggestion would be start with Last Train To Memphis and progress from there.

Good luck

Mal
Back to top Go down
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

PostSubject: Re: Moderators getting a bit Chinese?   Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:14 pm

im pretty sure being called the Elvis Taliban is some kind of provocation, get rid of this waste of space
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moderators getting a bit Chinese?   Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:48 pm

guy's i feel that it was time this topic was removed as it was getting out of hand and was playing into chinky's hand also not sure what tracey's comment was about
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moderators getting a bit Chinese?   Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:53 pm

i think you did right pete removing it - it was just stirring up a hornets nest - exactly what Mr Chinese wants - i have no clue what tracey means beats me - i think we need to keep these threads though if we can - how we doing on the vote - i know val is away but did everyone else vote yet?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moderators getting a bit Chinese?   Moderators getting a bit Chinese? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moderators getting a bit Chinese?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next