WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

elvis in the park

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2010-01-25

elvis in the park Empty
PostSubject: elvis in the park   elvis in the park Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:09 pm

anyone listenin to this show....im so glad i decided not to actually go its a truly aweful collection of shite never heard so many elvis songs murdered in one sitting its probably a record or something
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

elvis in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: elvis in the park   elvis in the park Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:29 pm

I listened to a bit but turned it off. My friend on facebook has just been saying how bad it is. Glad I didn't travel all that way to go.
Back to top Go down
tutt
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
tutt

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-11-09

elvis in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: elvis in the park   elvis in the park Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:55 pm

I agree some of the performers are shocking picking the wrong song to sing & completely murdering the song... i know it is keeping Elvis alive & i know it is only 2 hours of 23 yrs of Elvis's career.. never heard of some of them like The Magnets scratch
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rick.laws.31
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2010-01-25

elvis in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: elvis in the park   elvis in the park Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:13 pm

kt tunstall did a nice version of little less conversation and tom jones was ok but the rest arent much to shout about
Back to top Go down

elvis in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: elvis in the park   elvis in the park Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:40 pm

i didnt get to listen to it - glad i didn't now Smile
Back to top Go down
Fraser
Rocking in Lauderdale
Rocking in Lauderdale

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2007-07-30

elvis in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: elvis in the park   elvis in the park Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:56 am

Well Guys I have to disagree - Have no idea what it sounded like on the radio. I paid my money and went along and thought it was fantastic. The atmosphere was superb, the whole show was very tastefully done - the BBC Orchestra and TCB Band were awesome. I enjoyed the majority of the performances some more than others. But what was evident, was the true love and respect of Elvis.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm King
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Malcolm King

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2009-04-20

elvis in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: elvis in the park   elvis in the park Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 11:01 am

I heard some of it, and think Marty Pellow was great. A few people I know that went said it was a superb day.....each to their own, they loved it!.
Back to top Go down
http://www.malcolmking.com

elvis in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: elvis in the park   elvis in the park Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 12:03 pm

Well seeing as there is a differing of opinion I will keep a look out for bits.. Is it going to be televised does anyone know?

Felt a tad proud last night actually, my best friends son plays bass, he and some others got a band together at uni, sadly thats broken up now as they got older they have gone their seperate avenues. The lead guitarist Tom, a superb guitarist!!!!!! seriously so very talented young man has been playing for Plan B in his live band for a fair while now - Plan Bs music has changed a bit of late and i really like it, they were one of the best on the concert last night and Tom was right there playing Smile
My friends son was doing a lot of live work with Marina & the Diamonds, she quite popular now (for the young uns hehe) She signed witha big label and they insisted on different band Sad but he recently got to tour with Conan Mocasin (I know strange name lol, New Zealnadish) ) but they supported Crowded House he aha whale of a time and lived the high life!! - and just found out their drummer is doing very well also hes been playign for some time now with a girl called Clare Maguire - watch out for her she will be Big!!! - Lol shame of all this is they were a really awesome group all of them very talented - there aint nothign they couldnt play! had I met Chris few years earlier when they were a band at uni i just know they could have done an amazing job backing Chris on a few Elvis Gigs!! - pooohieeeeeeee
Back to top Go down
tutt
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
tutt

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-11-09

elvis in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: elvis in the park   elvis in the park Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 12:27 pm

michellep wrote:
Well seeing as there is a differing of opinion I will keep a look out for bits.. Is it going to be televised does anyone know?

Don't know if it was televised Michelle.... but go to this link...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00tt67v/Elvis_Forever!/

there is some other music on at the beginning, not Elvis... so FF to about 20mins & the live show starts there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rick.laws.31

elvis in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: elvis in the park   elvis in the park Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 12:54 pm

thanks Tutt will do that when I get home tonight Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

elvis in the park Empty
PostSubject: Re: elvis in the park   elvis in the park Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

elvis in the park
Page 1 of 1