WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BIRMINGHAM

Go down 
+12
TCBDavid
lush
EDDIE P
johnny king
michael king
Malcolm King
Elvis in Kent
Fraser
Rossvegas
viva ronnie c
Lorna
Kay the devil in disguise
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

BIRMINGHAM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIRMINGHAM   BIRMINGHAM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:21 pm

Ohhhhh Malcom didn't realise you was attending Smile Thats so great!!! Look forward to meeting you Smile
Back to top Go down
Malcolm King
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Malcolm King

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: BIRMINGHAM   BIRMINGHAM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:32 pm

michellep wrote:
Ohhhhh Malcom didn't realise you was attending Smile Thats so great!!! Look forward to meeting you Smile

Yep! I was going down on Sat, but a gig cancellation means I'll be there for the three days. Looking forward to meeting everyone Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.malcolmking.com
johnny king
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
johnny king

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: BIRMINGHAM   BIRMINGHAM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 2:48 pm

Malcolm King wrote:
michellep wrote:

Yep! I was going down on Sat, but a gig cancellation means I'll be there for the three days. Looking forward to meeting everyone Smile

Just had the running order through - better get there early Malcolm - you're on third in first heat.... two after me... Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnnyking.net

PostSubject: Re: BIRMINGHAM   BIRMINGHAM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 3:49 pm

ohh johnny when is Chris cos I think hes in same heat as you guys Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BIRMINGHAM   BIRMINGHAM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 3:49 pm

lol Johnny are you first? thats a nice thing to open it!
Back to top Go down
johnny king
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
johnny king

PostSubject: Re: BIRMINGHAM   BIRMINGHAM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 4:10 pm

michellep wrote:
ohh johnny when is Chris cos I think hes in same heat as you guys Smile

Chris is lucky number 7 Michelle...
I'll post the running order so people who aren't directly involved can see it...
Back to top Go down
johnny king
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
johnny king

PostSubject: Re: BIRMINGHAM   BIRMINGHAM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 4:13 pm

michellep wrote:

Aye - pros and cons obviously.
I can sing what I like without worrying about how well the guy before me did with the same song...

From a 'getting there an hour before' point of view, it's obviously not brill - and no doubt there will be a wee bit of nerves... (A lot of nerves ha ha!)
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: BIRMINGHAM   BIRMINGHAM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 4:48 pm

johnny king wrote:
michellep wrote:

Aye - pros and cons obviously.
I can sing what I like without worrying about how well the guy before me did with the same song...

From a 'getting there an hour before' point of view, it's obviously not brill - and no doubt there will be a wee bit of nerves... (A lot of nerves ha ha!)

At least you will be able to relax and have a few beers and enjoy everyone else's tribute Johnny btw mine a extra cold larger lmao beer beer
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: BIRMINGHAM   BIRMINGHAM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 7:03 pm

I hope yaw all will get there safe!!!! In ONE piece!! Yaw be very, very carefull. Here in Norway we have wintertyers under the car, but i am not so sure how it is in England. Probebly the same as in Holland...
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: BIRMINGHAM   BIRMINGHAM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 8:35 pm

Essie, I dont think we have winter tyres. We just usually all slide about in the snow Cold
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BIRMINGHAM   BIRMINGHAM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 8:39 pm

Thnks Johnny - will let Chris know if he dont already - First is good Chris would have liked that too cos like Paul says can get on and do it then relaxxxxxxxxx the rest of the weekend Smile
Back to top Go down
johnny king
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
johnny king

PostSubject: Re: BIRMINGHAM   BIRMINGHAM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 12:19 pm

Just having a wee look at the rules and this one caught my eye...

Due to time constraints and in order to ensure a fair and impartial performance, contestants are not allowed to distribute scarves or other items to, nor allowed to accept items from, audience members.
Is this going to be adhered to, or are transgressors likely to be penalised?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BIRMINGHAM   BIRMINGHAM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 12:43 pm

Hmm not sure Johnny, gonan have to call you eagle eye hehe - In the past people have come to the stage and offered things and the ETAs have given scarves during their performance normally when singing we will have to ask Michael about this if its ok during the performance to throw one out (a scarf that is hehe) obviously it will cause time problems if between or prior or after songs the ETAs are handing them out from stage but not sure about during songs - well spotted!!!

Michael can you shed some light on this one please ??

Dont forget folks we have our big scarf we would like everyone to sign to raffle for our browser charities - we will be chasing you all up at some point over the weekend to ask you pretty please to sign it for us - hope we can get all 80 of you guys to do it for us Smile But we wil lmake sure its not during performances etc... will chase you all afterwards Cheesey Smile Haha! bike
Back to top Go down
michael king
Through Graceland Gates
Through Graceland Gates
michael king

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: BIRMINGHAM   BIRMINGHAM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 2:43 am

Elvis threw scarfes and accepted various gifts so that is what we will do.

I think that rule is sometimes used at the Ultimate finals in Memphis but in Birmingham it will be as normal.

Personally the handing of scarfes and contact with the audiance just goes to help it become 'more like Elvis'

Back to top Go down
http://www.elvismichaelking.com

PostSubject: Re: BIRMINGHAM   BIRMINGHAM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 8:58 am

cheers yay totally agree Michael, thanks for clarifying that - so Johnny get your scarves out!!! haha Very Happy
Back to top Go down
johnny king
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
johnny king

PostSubject: Re: BIRMINGHAM   BIRMINGHAM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 1:14 pm

michellep wrote:
cheers yay totally agree Michael, thanks for clarifying that - so Johnny get your scarves out!!! haha Very Happy

I would... but I don't think I'm going down that route this year.
The older I get, the more I seem to be regressing back to the music that first made me an Elvis fan, so I think I'll be leaving the jumpsuits in the wardrobe this year.
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: BIRMINGHAM   BIRMINGHAM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 7:03 pm

michael king wrote:
Elvis threw scarfes and accepted various gifts so that is what we will do.

I think that rule is sometimes used at the Ultimate finals in Memphis but in Birmingham it will be as normal.

Personally the handing of scarfes and contact with the audiance just goes to help it become 'more like Elvis'

Not worthy Not worthy Not worthy Not worthy Thumbs Thumbs Thumbs Not worthy Not worthy Not worthy Not worthy
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: BIRMINGHAM   BIRMINGHAM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 8:13 pm

well Johnny you must maybe just bring 1 for us Smile angel

You gonna be bopping Johnny Smile
Back to top Go down
johnny king
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
johnny king

PostSubject: Re: BIRMINGHAM   BIRMINGHAM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 9:20 am

michellep wrote:
well Johnny you must maybe just bring 1 for us Smile angel

You gonna be bopping Johnny Smile

LOL yeah!
It's a funny thing this comp thing...
Do I sing my favourite Elvis songs?
I doubt if I could pick two to be honest...

Do I pick the songs that I think the judges will like?
I don't think I could do that with a clear conscience

Do I pick big songs that show off my range?
I don't know - I like a lot of them, but from an Elvis point of view (to me) they are like gold taps - they are add-ons to something that was already fantastic.

I have decided to do what Elvis means to me - to try to demonstrate on stage what I feel and how I first felt when I heard the songs.
Before I saw his face or saw him move, it was the early stuff that I grew up with that moved me.
When I did see his face and saw him move - well... gold taps couldn't really describe it!
I think the first Elvis film I ever saw was 'Loving You'.
I think my first 'public' performance was my last primary school disco in about June '77... DJ put on 'Jailhouse Rock' and I was all over the place - big ring of people around me as my skinny little legs were flying all over the place.
I was very self-conscious about doing that when I first started the ETA thing - it seemed like a step too far in the 'copy-cat' direction, and I was twice Elvis' age when he was douing it - and about twice his weight as well...
Over the last year I've lost a bit of weight and gained a bit of confidence so I can enjoy myself a little more on stage.
The songs may not be soaring ballads or little-known ones that only 'proper' Elvis fans would know, but they are songs that will allow me to transmit to the audience what it means to me to be an Elvis fan.

I'll bring suit and scarf anyway, in case I bottle it and settle for Sus Minds and Trilogy... :-D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BIRMINGHAM   BIRMINGHAM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 3:11 pm

I am sure whatever you sing will be very well received and brill Johnny, dont be shy to let yourself go and bop about if thats what pleaes you to do - you move very well Smile I think that you have to go with the songs your most comfie with and do what pleases you. You will hear all era's of Elvis songs there, from the early stuff right thru to the later stuff. Most important thing is to enjoy it and know that you are being appreciated, probably the most appreciative audience in the whole wide world Smile and that in itself has got to be a nice feeling to sing to people who truely love and admire what you guys do Smile Good luck with it and I know you are cacking it a bit about being first but thats a big honour I feel Smile and you will also be behind the stage before you go on with the rest of the guys all feeling the same and there to support each other:)
Back to top Go down
johnny king
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
johnny king

PostSubject: Re: BIRMINGHAM   BIRMINGHAM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 4:45 pm

michellep wrote:
I am sure whatever you sing will be very well received and brill Johnny, dont be shy to let yourself go and bop about if thats what pleaes you to do - you move very well Smile I think that you have to go with the songs your most comfie with and do what pleases you. You will hear all era's of Elvis songs there, from the early stuff right thru to the later stuff. Most important thing is to enjoy it and know that you are being appreciated, probably the most appreciative audience in the whole wide world Smile and that in itself has got to be a nice feeling to sing to people who truely love and admire what you guys do Smile Good luck with it and I know you are cacking it a bit about being first but thats a big honour I feel Smile and you will also be behind the stage before you go on with the rest of the guys all feeling the same and there to support each other:)
I am looking forward to it - I just hope I can do myself justice. I want to come off knowing that the audience have seen me at my best.
I just have to try not to get too hammered afterwards - then I start talking non-stop and sing loudly until my voice is completely gone... Laughing Drinker Sick in bed
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: BIRMINGHAM   BIRMINGHAM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 5:31 pm

We will be there supporting you Johnny. You reminded me of when I was at school and started dancing to Shakin Stevens and a group of people stood around me watching, probably thought I was a nut job. ooh memories. I think you will do yourself and Elvis proud. cheers
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

PostSubject: Re: BIRMINGHAM   BIRMINGHAM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 10:01 pm

All you can do, is give your best, Johnny and enjoy the moment beeing on stage.
You are not the only one, without jumpsuit.
A friend of Johnny, he will be on stage with the cosak, so he say's.
His 'so called' manager, dont like jumpsuits (why in the world dos he go with him to the Championship, beats me).
But as long as you have a good time Johnny that is the most important thing. And just sit at the Browser table, then i am SURE you will be alright!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
johnny king
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
johnny king

PostSubject: Re: BIRMINGHAM   BIRMINGHAM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 10:03 am

Jeez... Friday before and I still don't know what I'm singin...
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

PostSubject: Re: BIRMINGHAM   BIRMINGHAM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 10:07 am

HAHA It will be alright Johnny! Just give it all you got!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BIRMINGHAM   BIRMINGHAM - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BIRMINGHAM
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next