WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Michael King - Please read

Go down 
+3
eselvisfan
Lorna
pauldb38
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Michael King - Please read Empty
PostSubject: Michael King - Please read   Michael King - Please read Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 5:55 pm

This morning Garry, Val, Paul and myself discussed what happened between Jeff Burton and Michael King and think it best that we do not allow anyone to mention it publicly on here and Im sure the rest of you guys agree.

For those who dont know - long story short - Michael King had a fight with Jeff Burton (James Burton's son) as he was found with Michaels wife. Jeff, as far as we know remains in hospital and in a bad way. Michael has been taken into custody.

Michael has been very supportive of the Browser and very accommodating to us too but above all, this is a family matter and should not be a talking point on here. If you see anyone making reference to the incident, please move it to the mods section and email the person under the mods account to advise them to leave it off the public forum.

If a few people do comment then I think we should put out a locked message on the public forum. Its obvious people are going to be talking about this, not just on the browser or just on any other forum for this matter, this is going to get out worldwide in the Elvis world. Its bad times. My heart really goes out to Michael and I really hope this Jeff guy recovers and buggers off back to the USA and doesnt press charges, otherwise Michael could be sent down for this. No No No
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Michael King - Please read   Michael King - Please read Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 7:06 pm

I agree Lorna, this is a personal matter. It is going to be discussed but not on the forum. It was a brilliant weekend with you all. Ronnie you are classic Razz
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782

PostSubject: Re: Michael King - Please read   Michael King - Please read Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 7:40 pm

Ronnie 4 Cans cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081

PostSubject: Re: Michael King - Please read   Michael King - Please read Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 7:50 pm

Yeh your right Val, it was a fantastic weekend! I loved it and would defo go back next year. Yeh Ronnie, cant believe you actually went for a swim after all that! lol! I wudda sank! lol!

Fingers crossed for Michael. Keep us posted if any of you hear anything x
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com

PostSubject: Re: Michael King - Please read   Michael King - Please read Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 8:08 pm

as ya know we left last night, only heard about this today people are bound to talk about it but agree its not something for the forum - its a family matter to be sorted out between those directly involved if i see anything i will remove it pronto - its all very sad and really such a shame for all involved Sad

Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Michael King - Please read   Michael King - Please read Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 1:20 am

Ooooooooooowwww MY GOODNESS!!! I am in totall shock here!!
I thought Micheal and his wife, where such a nice couple..
I cant believe what i am reading.
Gosh... Well, i understand Michael, i would have done the same, i think.
But like you write, Lorna, it will infect the good reputation that this championship...
I dont know how to move a topic till here, but if i see something, then i will let you know.
Ppppfff, stil cant believe what i am reading...
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/

PostSubject: Re: Michael King - Please read   Michael King - Please read Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 1:45 am

I think I wold have reacted like that too Essie, I think any human being would.

Essie at the bottom of the page to the left when your logged in as mod there is Quick Mod Tools click on the drop down and there are otions you can choose, so example if you see a post you can click in it like your reading it then go to the drop down and see the options so you can move the post, lock it etc...

I am hoping that people would not be so insensitive to post anything but we gotta keep eyes peeled in case..

Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

PostSubject: Re: Michael King - Please read   Michael King - Please read Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 9:02 am

I was thinking...
If we move a topic about Michael, then members may think that we have such good contact with Michael, that the finals would have been manipulated..
I mean all the mods know that that is not tru and that Garry and Pete realy, realy deserve to be in that place.
But i am afraid that some members, may get the idea like 'You see.. Now they are covering up for him.'
Personaly, i would think, it would be smart, that if something will be written about Michael, we have to worn the members that we will NOT discusse Michaels problems here in the forum, course this is a friendly forum and not a goship forum.

I still cant believe it!!!
Thank you michelle!
Back to top Go down
viva ronnie c
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
viva ronnie c

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Michael King - Please read   Michael King - Please read Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 9:10 am

first and foremost Mr b it was 6 cans lmfao
i have to apologise for sloping off on sunday without sayinfg turrah.
i must admit i have not been that pi**ed since i used to drink bottles of cider on the precinct lol.
i love all my mates on the browser you all rock .

i didn't enjoy the competition this year , and i dont think i will be going next year , thats if it still goes on , i can see james burton using his influence with EPE to make sure Micheal will be blacklisted in the Elvis world . I mean at the end of the day if somebody knocked ten barrells out of your kid regardless of what he has done you wouldn't be best pleased would you .
and yes your right Lorna he could go down .
i think this could see somesort of competition start up in Blackpool again in January 2012
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael King - Please read   Michael King - Please read Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 9:57 am

sadly the only one i believe who will be rubbing his hands over this is martin fox
Back to top Go down
viva ronnie c
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
viva ronnie c

PostSubject: Re: Michael King - Please read   Michael King - Please read Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 10:09 am

totally aggree with there pete
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Michael King - Please read   Michael King - Please read Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 12:35 pm

i agree with you totally Lorna , it aint nothing to do with the comp and we have to be careful what is put on the open board , we need to protect Mike and ourselves
Back to top Go down
http://www.eddiepmemoriesshow.com
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Michael King - Please read   Michael King - Please read Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 12:54 pm

viva ronnie c wrote:
first and foremost Mr b it was 6 cans lmfao
i have to apologise for sloping off on sunday without sayinfg turrah.
i must admit i have not been that pi**ed since i used to drink bottles of cider on the precinct lol.
i love all my mates on the browser you all rock .

i didn't enjoy the competition this year , and i dont think i will be going next year , thats if it still goes on , i can see james burton using his influence with EPE to make sure Micheal will be blacklisted in the Elvis world . I mean at the end of the day if somebody knocked ten barrells out of your kid regardless of what he has done you wouldn't be best pleased would you .
and yes your right Lorna he could go down .
i think this could see somesort of competition start up in Blackpool again in January 2012

I am really sorry you didnt enjoy it this year Ronnie, hope you change your mind and do come next year as we will miss you. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
viva ronnie c
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
viva ronnie c

PostSubject: Re: Michael King - Please read   Michael King - Please read Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 1:28 pm

I am really sorry you didnt enjoy it this year Ronnie, hope you change your mind and do come next year as we will miss you. Crying or Very sad [/quote]

tbh val i probobly will be there jsut because it means meeting up with everybody and having a good drink .
but i can see the incident with micheal and burton affecting the comp . the Elvis tour starts again late this year and i honestly think James burton will use his influence with EPE and get anything with Micheal's name attached to it banned .

we will have to get a mod's night out in manchester going soon
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Michael King - Please read   Michael King - Please read Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 1:39 pm

We certainly will have a night out, but remember to put your beers in a brown paper bag and not a see through carrier bag lol!
Back to top Go down
viva ronnie c
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
viva ronnie c

PostSubject: Re: Michael King - Please read   Michael King - Please read Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 1:42 pm

val w (Kinky Boots) wrote:
We certainly will have a night out, but remember to put your beers in a brown paper bag and not a see through carrier bag lol!

aahheem
i have no idea what your talking about Val lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Michael King - Please read   Michael King - Please read Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 1:44 pm

Ha ha, was starting to worry I had upset you in anyway Sad
Back to top Go down
viva ronnie c
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
viva ronnie c

PostSubject: Re: Michael King - Please read   Michael King - Please read Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 1:50 pm

no Val you could never upset me sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael King - Please read   Michael King - Please read Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 2:00 pm

Essie, I think people think there is manipulations anyway to be honest its gonna happen whatever whenever wherever its just path of the course... I think if anyone posts anything remove it to here and just email the person whos posted and say this is something private and out of respect for peoples private lives cos thats what it is at the end of the day it will not be tolerated here, and I would feel that way about anyone who found themselves in the ame situation as Michael has whoever they were be they someone well known or someone we never heard of this is soul destroying stuff for anyone.

If they feel the need to discuss it they can go discuss it somewhere else, and if they dont like that tough titty they know where the exit door is and I am more than happy to learn how to delete them – and as you all know with my computer skills that would be a whole lot of work for me but something I am more than prepared willing and happy to do. - I do feel though that really, the members here are a little bit more grown up and have more respect than to discuss this publically. So I hope I am proved right...

If it had been two guys having a drunken fight in the car park or something, over something stupid then I have no issues with people discussing it, regardless of who it was.. But it wasn't this is something very serious and I am sure Michael is more broken in his heart than anything else about what has happened on a personal level than the affect it has on the comp. I just keep sitting here remembering him on the stage thanking the folks behind the scenes etc.. and paying a tribute to his wife!!! I am so gutted for him... I don’t know Michael very well, I know that he has always been nice to me, and even if this had happened to someone I didn’t even like I would feel the same way. this type of behaviour is something thats totally off the rictor scale for me.. I am just so shocked, Pete Sue and me sat at the brekkie table with him Jeff Burton in the morning and he come across to me as being a really nice man, softly spoken, even like a tad insecure and nervous, I am gobsmacked but it just goes to show you cant always judge a book by its cover… And really don't care whose son he is its out of order, they are both out of order, michaels the innocent one in this mess and is the one who stands to lose most its just so unfair!!! and i hope that people can see this like I see it and it brings Michael some small piece of comfort to know people do care and understand and supporting and wishing the best for him..

But Ido wonder even if things are sorted out in the way they should be (personally I think if charges are pressed it’s a liberty!! I am not an advcoate of violence and I know 2 wrongs don’t make a right but at the end of the day the innocent one in this was Michael  I personally think that people will have more empathy with michaels position than Jeff Burtons, I know I do!!) I think it would be very hard for anyone to pick up and resume this with memories like this..

My own personal feeling on the whole comp situation is that People do have issues with things and some of them I can understand, and I can also understand how these issues are borne as well, I even have my own issues with some things I can’t get my head around lol but it all pales into insignificance Its so bloody trivial!!! by comparison to a situation like this..

I really couldn’t give a shit anymore about the comp. What I give a shit about is Theres a man, sitting in a cell his heart ripped out and personal life in shatters, a good chance his career ruined, Another man is laying in hospital bed who knows what way that will go, even though I think the guy is a waste of space I do not wish anyone dead or life injuries, there are people being nasty and vindictive to each other it just sucks life is too short for all this…

I beg the questions.. Is it really worth it ? Is this what Elvis would have wanted??

For me the answer to that has to be NO ..
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Michael King - Please read   Michael King - Please read Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 6:36 pm

michellep wrote:
Essie, I think people think there is manipulations anyway to be honest its gonna happen whatever whenever wherever its just path of the course... I think if anyone posts anything remove it to here and just email the person whos posted and say this is something private and out of respect for peoples private lives cos thats what it is at the end of the day it will not be tolerated here, and I would feel that way about anyone who found themselves in the ame situation as Michael has whoever they were be they someone well known or someone we never heard of this is soul destroying stuff for anyone.

If they feel the need to discuss it they can go discuss it somewhere else, and if they dont like that tough titty they know where the exit door is and I am more than happy to learn how to delete them – and as you all know with my computer skills that would be a whole lot of work for me but something I am more than prepared willing and happy to do. - I do feel though that really, the members here are a little bit more grown up and have more respect than to discuss this publically. So I hope I am proved right...

If it had been two guys having a drunken fight in the car park or something, over something stupid then I have no issues with people discussing it, regardless of who it was.. But it wasn't this is something very serious and I am sure Michael is more broken in his heart than anything else about what has happened on a personal level than the affect it has on the comp. I just keep sitting here remembering him on the stage thanking the folks behind the scenes etc.. and paying a tribute to his wife!!! I am so gutted for him... I don’t know Michael very well, I know that he has always been nice to me, and even if this had happened to someone I didn’t even like I would feel the same way. this type of behaviour is something thats totally off the rictor scale for me.. I am just so shocked, Pete Sue and me sat at the brekkie table with him Jeff Burton in the morning and he come across to me as being a really nice man, softly spoken, even like a tad insecure and nervous, I am gobsmacked but it just goes to show you cant always judge a book by its cover… And really don't care whose son he is its out of order, they are both out of order, michaels the innocent one in this mess and is the one who stands to lose most its just so unfair!!! and i hope that people can see this like I see it and it brings Michael some small piece of comfort to know people do care and understand and supporting and wishing the best for him..

But Ido wonder even if things are sorted out in the way they should be (personally I think if charges are pressed it’s a liberty!! I am not an advcoate of violence and I know 2 wrongs don’t make a right but at the end of the day the innocent one in this was Michael  I personally think that people will have more empathy with michaels position than Jeff Burtons, I know I do!!) I think it would be very hard for anyone to pick up and resume this with memories like this..

My own personal feeling on the whole comp situation is that People do have issues with things and some of them I can understand, and I can also understand how these issues are borne as well, I even have my own issues with some things I can’t get my head around lol but it all pales into insignificance Its so bloody trivial!!! by comparison to a situation like this..

I really couldn’t give a shit anymore about the comp. What I give a shit about is Theres a man, sitting in a cell his heart ripped out and personal life in shatters, a good chance his career ruined, Another man is laying in hospital bed who knows what way that will go, even though I think the guy is a waste of space I do not wish anyone dead or life injuries, there are people being nasty and vindictive to each other it just sucks life is too short for all this…

I beg the questions.. Is it really worth it ? Is this what Elvis would have wanted??

For me the answer to that has to be NO ..
absolutly most beautifully put mich i couldnt have said it better, imabsolutly heart broken for michael i had the chance to speak to him back stage after the final & he was so chuffed with everything (he was like a dog with 2 dicks) & quite rightly so,,,, all the hard work he's done over the last 12 months, his lively hood, his marrige, his dignity infact everything stripped from him in one flicker of an eye by some WANKER from america that had had an all expences trip paid for (his hotel room, food, drink,flight, & a wage) then repays him by shagging his wife then personally i think he got off lightly with a beating.. & i personally will do what ever i can for michael ashe is one of the genuine good guys in this buisness
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Michael King - Please read   Michael King - Please read Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 6:42 pm

When Michael comes back from this and hopefully can carry on with the event, I know for one he will have the backing from all of us. Hopefully it seems on the main forum everyone is behind him as upto now no one has mentioned it. Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

PostSubject: Re: Michael King - Please read   Michael King - Please read Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 6:52 pm

Michelle, you put it up so well. I have been thinking of Michael the whole day and exactly about how you described it.
He must be so very, very much in pain...
As far as i remember him and his wife where crazy about eachother!
She told me, how proud she was of Michael and that she loved the guy dearly.
And he said the same about his wife, course they had 3 children and he said that she manage everything so well, and you could see the love in his eyes.
And then this Burton kid, comes along and just blows everything away!!!
I still cannot put my finger on it, realy... How could she be so stupid!!!
And how DARE Burton, to mangle in someones mariage!
Yes, i totaly agree with backing Michael up.
He realy dont deserve this!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael King - Please read   Michael King - Please read Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 12:11 am

i just noticed on my facebook wall folks that Michael has amde a post thnking everyone for the weekend, so I am hoping things are ok - i know yall are worryin so just wanted to let you know quickly before i went off to bed Smile

nite nite
Back to top Go down
viva ronnie c
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
viva ronnie c

PostSubject: Re: Michael King - Please read   Michael King - Please read Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:03 am

Michelle
absoulutely superbly put
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

PostSubject: Re: Michael King - Please read   Michael King - Please read Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 12:16 pm

Thanx for the update, Michelle!!!
If he only knew how we are thinking of him.
Hope it wont go to coard...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael King - Please read   Michael King - Please read Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael King - Please read
Page 1 of 1