WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Craig memphis king

Go down 
+3
eselvisfan
val w (Kinky Boots)
Lorna
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Craig memphis king - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig memphis king   Craig memphis king - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 4:39 pm

Lorna wrote:
I really hope you do mate. You are bound to feel knocked by it, if you didnt it would be like you didnt care about your tribute, which we all most certainly know you do. Keep goin hun xx

Quick change of subject but know what I found a bit weird? Dont know if any of you picked up on this or if it was just me..... years ago it was a bit funny for ETAs to pretend to be American, you know with the accent and everything but now its more popular than ever! I thought nearly every guy up there was from the USA! Lol! Maybe there are elution lessons on how to talk like Elvis. Id take em up and not tell anyone just to freak Paul out 'hey baby' Craig memphis king - Page 2 SmileyGiggle

thats a good point Lorna , and the question would be coming from the judging point of view are you expected to put on an American accent or would you be marked down if you did'nt ??
Back to top Go down
http://www.eddiepmemoriesshow.com
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Craig memphis king   Craig memphis king - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 4:55 pm

Hmmm interesting. See there was a real mix bag, some used their own voice and some were american, is it a good thing or bad thing.... I really dont know. I dont think it should be marked really coz thats not your singing voice but does that count as part of your over all performance? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

PostSubject: Re: Craig memphis king   Craig memphis king - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:03 pm

Lorna wrote:
Hmmm interesting. See there was a real mix bag, some used their own voice and some were american, is it a good thing or bad thing.... I really dont know. I dont think it should be marked really coz thats not your singing voice but does that count as part of your over all performance? scratch

does it count on giving that illusion of Elvis ???
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

PostSubject: Re: Craig memphis king   Craig memphis king - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:06 pm

True. My fav 'American' accent was Andy Wood. He had Elvis's laugh and everything off to a T!
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782

PostSubject: Re: Craig memphis king   Craig memphis king - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:24 pm

Its the whole package if someone comes on talking and sounding like Elvis or american accent and sounds good then of course on presentation your going to get a extra brownie point.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
Lorna
Lorna

PostSubject: Re: Craig memphis king   Craig memphis king - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:32 pm

Just had a look to see if there is anything on 'talking like Elvis' on the net and found a book about it.

http://www.elvistributeguide.com/

How can a book teach you to sound like Elvis lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Craig memphis king   Craig memphis king - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 6:17 pm

I personally dont like the accents stuff Lorna, unless it is totally sounding right and for me there was no one there that sounded genuinely american for me, as i said i think in another post or it could have been a post that didnt get thru lol I really dont like when Chris tries to do it, he just dosent do it very well at all, im hoping i can encourage him out of it or at least keep it to just in the songs where its required like just cant help believing...

Ed we are knocking the comp on the head, I am trying as hard as I can to keep my feelings on some things to myelf lol its getting increasingly hard - but for what its worth I do not talk about it in the main wall because I just dont want to get involved in it, its done its gone its past I dont think it was fixed or rigged with regards to the judges, I am happy to quietly disagree with "some" of the choices that went into the final, the 3 top spots I think was the best choices in a long long time though I would have not quite gone in same order I came away feeling very good that we have 3 top class Etas representing us  (no offense Paul that i dont agree with some of the decisions on finalists its not a personal pop at any judges, we spoke with Neil quite a lot hes a nice guy he was actually the person who helped Chris out with his sound system way back in the beginning Smile and of course I consider you a friend so please dont take this personally I have no axes to grind with anyone I wouldnt be a judge for nothing - the other lady i dont know personally but remember seeingher last year at blackpool) but everyone has a right to like what they like, I am just sorry you guys didn’t see in him what so many others do, both fans and highly regarded ETAS alike and of course myself hehe

I do beleieve not just you but all the judges went on what they felt, and with regards to what they consider to be important in their eyes but it wasnt always what myself or a lot of other people felt, and its something we just all need to agree to differ on - of course I have a personal interest in Chris and was disappointed for him i wouldnt be human if I wasnt but I did feel he deserved to go through over some others and there was also others who didnt go through I felt would deserve to go through over Chris and he did too. I have resigned myself to the fact that Chris is not the type of ETA this comp wants and thats fine because this will never stop us doing what we do and producing the performances he does. At the end of the day its what happens throughout the year that’s important the pleasure you bring to folks and yourelves really and for us not about one weekend a year. we have no big aspirations to do fancy things our lifestyle wont allow it hehe cant even get a break away most of the time but Chris will get his dream to play with a live band, if it’s the last thing I do., hehe it could be the last thing I do the expense of it all haha

with regards to garry and paul being mates situation I was actually quite sad to read on the main wall that Paul even felt under pressure to mark garry down a little bit on what he truely thought cos it wold have beena travesty if that had cost garry his place which i do truely feel was so well deserved. thankfully it didnt Smile You 2 seriously please do not let this situation and the rubbish being said about this get to you, I think its everyones opinion apart from Mr C K this was deserved Garry was actually in my list of definitely go thrus for what its worth  and was in Chris’ as well…

Thanks for a great weekend guys, despite all the trials and tribulations and being really knackered
We had a great time, it was nice to get to meet you all wish could have spent more time chatting but with watching the comp and showcases there never seemed much time in between except at the end at which point we was knackered, really hoping we can get down to a weekender later in the year and catch up proper. 

For now in my dodgy american accent as Elvis said Adios and may god bless you xxx
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Craig memphis king   Craig memphis king - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 6:28 pm

Eddie, I havent replied earlier as I feel everything has been said. You have a wonderful voice and it would be a shame for you to stop.
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Craig memphis king   Craig memphis king - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 6:50 pm

sorrry for my late reply as ive only just got in from work & im bollocksed affraid affraid edds im not gonna write a 3 page essay on this as you already know my feelings about you,, alls im gonna say is you've just won the best welsh elvis comp & that should speak volumes to you, on another day you would have defo been there in the final & thats not taking away from te fact that i personally thought you should have beeen in it as you were better than some of them that went through but see what i meen its only opinions you know how good you are mate & you dont need a comp placing to tell you
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

PostSubject: Re: Craig memphis king   Craig memphis king - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 8:04 pm

Garry John wrote:
sorrry for my late reply as ive only just got in from work & im bollocksed affraid affraid edds im not gonna write a 3 page essay on this as you already know my feelings about you,, alls im gonna say is you've just won the best welsh elvis comp & that should speak volumes to you, on another day you would have defo been there in the final & thats not taking away from te fact that i personally thought you should have beeen in it as you were better than some of them that went through but see what i meen its only opinions you know how good you are mate & you dont need a comp placing to tell you

Thank you Garry and Val , i'm sure i will calm down , just a bit raw at the moment , i love what i do , and i hope nobody thinks i am coming over arrogant with my reaction , believe me i don't think i have a right or expect to win or progress in anything , i do what i do because it's my dream and i am very lucky , i respect every ETA out there and even the ones i don't particulary like as people i can easily say they are great performers if i feel they deserve it , i supose it's a case of keep trying , well done Gaz i'm proud of you and i look up to you and set yoru hard work as the bench mark to what i need to do to succeed .
Back to top Go down
viva ronnie c
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
viva ronnie c

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Craig memphis king   Craig memphis king - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:14 am

well done Gaz i'm proud of you and i look up to you and set yoru hard work as the bench mark to what i need to do to succeed .[/quote]

i agree with you there Edd i beleive hard work pays off big time . i've just ordered my white jacket and the hard work will start for me now iam definately entering next year , so there is going to be a lot of 50s Elvis being sung in the old folks homes
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

PostSubject: Re: Craig memphis king   Craig memphis king - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 12:15 pm

viva ronnie c wrote:
well done Gaz i'm proud of you and i look up to you and set yoru hard work as the bench mark to what i need to do to succeed .

i agree with you there Edd i beleive hard work pays off big time . i've just ordered my white jacket and the hard work will start for me now iam definately entering next year , so there is going to be a lot of 50s Elvis being sung in the old folks homes [/quote]

cheers cheers cheers thats great news Ronnie! Lookin forward to next year even more now Cheers Mmmm
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

PostSubject: Re: Craig memphis king   Craig memphis king - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 12:37 pm

Lorna and myself have spoken about this at length and honestly guys i havent taken anything personal , the likes of craig memphis king annoyed me for about 5 seconds and thats only because he's bringing the comp down and the guy is a looser.

The hardest part for all the judges was having to judge friends, and believe or believe not i know how it feels to have people praise the ass of you in a comp only to find you havent made the final. You know i have every respect for every ETA who got up there and did there bit yes including Craig Memphis King , i just wish i had a magic dust i could sprinkle over the ETA community to stop all the back biting and bad feelings so we can actually just get on with what we love and thats Elvis and paying tribute to him.

A note to EddieP if you carry on i will come mobile and knock some sence into you, your tribute to Elvis is second to non you do elvis proud and have always done so for as long i have seen you.
I personally would pay to see your show so what does that tell ya ? At the end of the day I'm a Elvis fan dedicated all the way and if anyone of you was crap or did elvis a injustice i'd be the first to tell you cause honesty is the best policy ......

BTW michelle i really dont wanna know is one of my fav elvis songs so i'm glad chris sang it twice lol And he was scored well on it as well.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Craig memphis king   Craig memphis king - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 6:01 pm

Yer i love that song as well, I was the one who introduced Chris to it and am glad he chose to sing it Smile originally he was going to sing welcome to my world and he stuck with that and its over for agessssssss but changed his mind about a week before to How great Thou Art lol, then a few others - hehe He was doing a quick cd in the kitchen for one of the facebookers who asked via the cam corder i was upstairs and he just started singing that Really Dont wanna know again I didnt wanna be involved in song choices but he changed to that and am glad he is very comfortable vocally with that song - something like how great thou art Chris hits most every time but with the bad throat and nerves it was too big a risk really cos thats the kind of song if you fluff it up a bit its gonna really show also thought a lot of people would do how great it and strangely they didnt - its strange isnt it how each year there seems to be like a song thats sung lots but each year it differs - we should have done like a tally see what was the most popular choice people sung - bridge could have got it I think its a superb song Smile - I like so many songs probably i way towards the ballads - I introduced Chris too the bitter they are the harder they fall, he kinda shrugegd it off he didnt particularly think it was that great - now he wont stop singing it!!! driving me nuts haha - Blue eyes is a recent he learned as well and I adore it there are so many great songs Elvis did and a lot of them are the more lesser known ones, its very hard for the guys because when you go out people wanna here the popular ones, but we have started to slip odd ones in here and there Smile

Paul can you help me on this or anyone really cos I didnt have list of the ETAs singing I dont know who this guy is but there was a guy in leathers he may have been on the thursday evening heat or friday afternoon one even, he sang If You talk in Your sleep i loved it and would like to see some of his otehr stuff but a bit stuck without a name hehe

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Craig memphis king   Craig memphis king - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Ronnie there aint nothing wrong with old folk homes Smile Chris is at one today Smile Lots of etas do them you would be surprised who as well hehe xx Chris has a lot of work, too much really around a day job so he dosent need to do the old folks homes but he chooses to because its enjoyable and because he dont forget the people who were willing to listen to him singing when he started out. financially its not very rewarding but on an emotinal personal level it is very much so Smile And even if low paid its still some money coming in that helps you to get your kit together. I know you aleady have sound kit and stuff but you wait til you get right in it you will be finding all kinds of stuff you like and want hehe. when people ask Chris his advise this is one of the first things he advises to look towards those kind of places when starting off, and build it up Smile

Chris is a lorry driver during the day, he delivers milk and stuff a lot of the places he delivers to are care homes. when he started his singing the first places he sung in was care homes he knew from his day job, it gave him the oppurtunity to not only get used to singing in public, but also to get his repertoire together and his kit etc... It dosent pay much but the pleasure it brings comes before money - elderly people remember Elvis they were of the elvis generation Smile and especially they like the early stuff it reminds them of their youth i guess. Also, they are so appreciative of what you do for them, and forgiving if you fluff up. Also, its a godo way to learn how to deal with different types of people, its great!!!

Enoy it Smile
Back to top Go down
viva ronnie c
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
viva ronnie c

PostSubject: Re: Craig memphis king   Craig memphis king - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:49 am

michellep wrote:
Ronnie there aint nothing wrong with old folk homes Smile Chris is at one today Smile Lots of etas do them you would be surprised who as well hehe xx Chris has a lot of work, too much really around a day job so he dosent need to do the old folks homes but he chooses to because its enjoyable and because he dont forget the people who were willing to listen to him singing when he started out. financially its not very rewarding but on an emotinal personal level it is very much so Smile And even if low paid its still some money coming in that helps you to get your kit together. I know you aleady have sound kit and stuff but you wait til you get right in it you will be finding all kinds of stuff you like and want hehe. when people ask Chris his advise this is one of the first things he advises to look towards those kind of places when starting off, and build it up Smile

Chris is a lorry driver during the day, he delivers milk and stuff a lot of the places he delivers to are care homes. when he started his singing the first places he sung in was care homes he knew from his day job, it gave him the oppurtunity to not only get used to singing in public, but also to get his repertoire together and his kit etc... It dosent pay much but the pleasure it brings comes before money - elderly people remember Elvis they were of the elvis generation Smile and especially they like the early stuff it reminds them of their youth i guess. Also, they are so appreciative of what you do for them, and forgiving if you fluff up. Also, its a godo way to learn how to deal with different types of people, its great!!!

Enoy it Smile
hello michelle
it was lovely to meet you on saturday al be it it wasn't for very long i mean when the vodka kicked in i dont remember anything lol

i do a lot of singing in sheltered accomadation i wasn't being disrespectful to them i meant i am going to be singing more Elvis songs than normal .
i did the club circuit for about 14 years around the north west and i hated it , it's such a breath of fresh air when you turn up to a home and they are waiting for you eagerly to start i love it so rewarding
i am only fairly new to the ETA scene
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Craig memphis king   Craig memphis king - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:05 am

hey Ronnie was nice meeting you too hope next time we get to chat a bit more, its just very hard in that big room because of the noise and seating arrangements and the fact I am a lightweight and cant stay up so late hehe

I know you wasn't being disrespectful to the nursing homes etc I didnt mean it to come across like that hehe - I felt like you was a bit downhearted about it is all, yep they are a breath of fresh air - we had one Chris did last year, sheltered housing and wasa guy there who had served in the army real close to where Elvis was based he got to meet Elvis on a few occasions and said nothing but nice things about Elvis, it was a thrill to chat with him.

Good luck with the ETA stuff Ronnie i think you have done wonderfully already winnign the novice comp, enjoy it its a lot of fun Smile and look forward to seeing your perform live hopefully at a tmeet up Smile

xxx

Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Craig memphis king   Craig memphis king - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:17 pm

hello michelle
it was lovely to meet you on saturday al be it it wasn't for very long i mean when the vodka kicked in i dont remember anything lol

haha was that along with the 8 cans of Carlsberg Export aswell drunken Hyper
Back to top Go down
viva ronnie c
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
viva ronnie c

PostSubject: Re: Craig memphis king   Craig memphis king - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:19 pm

Embarassed drunken Sleep Sleep Sleep lol!
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

PostSubject: Re: Craig memphis king   Craig memphis king - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:22 pm

OOOOO shock horror craig has taken the wall post down i wonder why ?
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Craig memphis king   Craig memphis king - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:33 pm

probly cause we opened a can of whoop ass all over him then proceeded to lay the smackdown on him ifya ssssmmmmmmmmeeeeeeelllllllllllllllll what the rock iiiiiiisssssssss cooking.......... hahahahahaha...........L.M.F.A.O........
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craig memphis king   Craig memphis king - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Craig memphis king
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2