WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Judging...but on a different note

Go down 
+3
EDDIE P
chrisfield
viva ronnie c
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2010-01-25

Judging...but on a different note Empty
PostSubject: Judging...but on a different note   Judging...but on a different note Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 6:27 am

where the main judges the judges for the novice as well as quite simply id like to know how they are looked at....after a fair amount of persitant badgering over the weekend for all over the elvis camp im debating doing it next year, after plenty of work....also mark andrew told me if i didnt he wont come over next year lmao which obviously is worth it in its own right

so how are the new comers assessed cheers
Back to top Go down
viva ronnie c
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
viva ronnie c

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Judging...but on a different note   Judging...but on a different note Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:43 am

i won the novice comp in blackpool in 2010 and the there was only one judge it was the woman who runs the elvis website , i think her husband was a judge in the final ,
after i won we were in the bar afterwards and she said she was looking to be entertained and if the contestants had put time and effort into working on their performance , the only negative point she had for me was the fact that i did it in normal clothes (i dont think that will be a problem for you david )
hope this helps in making your decision
Back to top Go down
chrisfield
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
chrisfield

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Judging...but on a different note   Judging...but on a different note Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:35 am

mark andrew is another swell guy ,gotta be done dave lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvis1066tribute.co.uk
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Judging...but on a different note   Judging...but on a different note Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:53 am

Hi David the judging and marking is exactly the same as the main contest although they do use different judges just to give the main judges a break.
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Judging...but on a different note   Judging...but on a different note Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:03 am

i have no clue how the Novice is judged and what they look for but whatever it is yes David I think you should go for it Smile You may surprise yourself, you know elvis very well you have some great outfits so part way there. I think you should do it david simply for yourself you love Elvis and this would be a chance for you to pay your own personal tribute, and you know you will have lots of support and help if needed

Mark is such a wonderful person seriously nice man and great ETA and it would be a travesty if you deprived next years attendees of that and his Austen Powers which was so so funny - so like no pressure on you david Rolling
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Judging...but on a different note   Judging...but on a different note Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:33 pm

do it Dave Very Happy i would be one of the loudest cheering you on Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.eddiepmemoriesshow.com
Little Elvis
Through Graceland Gates
Through Graceland Gates
Little Elvis

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Judging...but on a different note   Judging...but on a different note Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 6:40 pm

Marks Austin Powers was one of the funniest things I'd seen! He was hillarious and top draw!

Didnt the little lad win the novice?
Back to top Go down
http://www.lostrockets.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Judging...but on a different note   Judging...but on a different note Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:24 pm

I agree Little Elvis the Austin Powers was so funny and unbelievable good I do hope someone there recorded it - I think Marks better at Austin Powers than Austin Powers himself hehe!!

Little Sylvian I think the little boys name is who won novice - have to say little Nicholas Wintle was excellent too as were all the kids and the adults in the novice section - even had a young lady in an Aloha Suit they all did amazingly well cheers

I think it would be nice for them if possible maybe in future to get some kind of certificate for their achievements cos its takes a lot of guts to get up on a stage like that Smile I know time is always a factor but think it would be a great idea if it could be done, even if its not like a presentation of such just something for them to keep and cherish Smile
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

PostSubject: Re: Judging...but on a different note   Judging...but on a different note Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:43 pm

Nicholas Wintle was so cute !!

Judging...but on a different note 68812_438891831905_543941905_5609267_4358233_n
Back to top Go down
Mike w
Knocking On Gracelands Door
Knocking On Gracelands Door
Mike w

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Judging...but on a different note   Judging...but on a different note Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:53 pm

Go for it David, you certainly looked the part. And as Eddie says you would get plenty of support from the browser crew.

Last edited by Mike w on Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judging...but on a different note   Judging...but on a different note Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:55 pm

yes and what a lovely kid he is too, so polite and everything, i wanted to take him home with me but not sure Jules would have let me hehe -

All the kids I thought were really good and well behaved and polite , a credit to their parents and the event Smile wished the kids that are at some of the gigs we have been to was that well behaved and polite Smile See Elvis Fans knows the art of good parenting Smile
Back to top Go down
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2010-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Judging...but on a different note   Judging...but on a different note Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:43 pm

well i guess it is a year away...i didnt expect such a response i was asking more out of curiosity.....bugger lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judging...but on a different note   Judging...but on a different note Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:02 pm

TCBDavid wrote:
well i guess it is a year away...i didnt expect such a response i was asking more out of curiosity.....bugger lol

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

PostSubject: Re: Judging...but on a different note   Judging...but on a different note Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:11 am

TCBDavid wrote:

You gottta do it now mate no backing out lmao.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judging...but on a different note   Judging...but on a different note Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judging...but on a different note
Page 1 of 1