WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )

Go down 
+5
Garry John
Sean
LISA
PaulShookUp
TCBDavid
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LISA
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
LISA

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) Empty
PostSubject: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:08 am

Sonny West passed away today in Hendersonville Tennessee due to cancer.

Last edited by LISA on Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2010-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:11 am

thats a shame its been a bad few months for the friends and band mates of elvis
Back to top Go down
PaulShookUp
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
PaulShookUp

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 5:24 am

I dont think this is the Memphis Mafia Sonny West !!

http://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2011/3/7/sonny_west_dies
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 10:38 am

I think this is a different Sonny West.
Back to top Go down
LISA
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
LISA

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:16 pm

Yep sorry It isn't the Sonny.....
I received a message saying that Sonny had past...
then received this today.....

Sonny West who passed away due to pancreatic cancer IS NOT SONNY WEST WHO WORKED FOR ELVIS! Delbert "Sonny" West, Elvis' bodyguard for 16 years, is alive and well in Hendersonville TN via Sandi Pichon.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:19 pm

That actually gave me a scare and im quite relieved its not THE Sonny West.

Maybe for the sake of confusion that one of the Mods should delete this topic cause i dont understand why this is still up on the browser.

Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:26 pm

I dont know what the other mods think but I think it is better if we left it on as this will help with any confusion for other people who have heard and it is just a genuine mistake which we have resolved.
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:56 pm

val w (Kinky Boots) wrote:
I dont know what the other mods think but I think it is better if we left it on as this will help with any confusion for other people who have heard and it is just a genuine mistake which we have resolved.
i agree
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:11 pm

Well i dont know about that.

When i saw the heading as its in the all-Elvis section, my first thought was Sonny West has died

I was actually quite upset till i read the posts and realised it wasnt THE Sonny West as i have met him a few times as well.

Its got to be taken down, surely.

Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:20 pm

We all were Sean, but it was also a relief that it is not the Sonny West we all thought. As I said it will also help with any confusion. If we take it down someone else will put the it up as they have would have heard it.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:44 pm

We all were Sean, but it was also a relief that it is not the Sonny West we all thought. As I said it will also help with any confusion. If we take it down someone else will put the it up as they have would have heard it.

Wouldnt it be better if this whole topic was taken down and a new one gets put up with the title like 'Memphis Mafia Sonny West is alive and has not passed away'.

Then below it, explain why this topic has been put up, that makes more sense.
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 8:34 pm

Sean wrote:

Wouldnt it be better if this whole topic was taken down and a new one gets put up with the title like 'Memphis Mafia Sonny West is alive and has not passed away'.

Then below it, explain why this topic has been put up, that makes more sense.
"WITH ALL DUE RESPECT SEAN THIS IS A DECISION THAT WILL IN DUE COURSE BE MAID BY THE MODERATING TEAM......YOUR OPINIONS HAVE BEEN DUELY NOTED & THEREFORE THERE IS NO NEED TO KEEP REPEATING ON ABOUT IT...!!!!!!!!AS IT STANDS THE POST WILL STAY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE" THANKS
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
LISA
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
LISA

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 10:54 pm

Sorry it caused confusion / upset....
as you will see in my last post it was what was received via message... so I updated when I was told not the sonny west...

I have no problem with the post being deleted if that is what is wanted. I will try to edit the title if i can here....

x
Back to top Go down
LISA
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
LISA

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 10:56 pm

I have edited the title....

hugs
Lisa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 12:05 am

LISA wrote:

I have edited the title....

hugs
Lisa
thank's for doing that Lisa hugs lol! Cuddles i don't think there is any need to remove this post now
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 12:34 pm

Thank you Lisa. The post is fine to stay as it will clear up any confusion.
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:32 pm

Phew, glad thats sorted. Well done mods. Love the new title Lise! I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:23 pm

sorry not been around a few days i have no worries for post to stay it will have its benefits for people who heard and think its the sonny west and now know its not - but whoever the sonny west is who did die RIP xx
Back to top Go down
johnny king
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
johnny king

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:15 am

michellep wrote:
sorry not been around a few days i have no worries for post to stay it will have its benefits for people who heard and think its the sonny west and now know its not - but whoever the sonny west is who did die RIP xx

He was a prolific songwriter, writing some very, very famous stuff for stars such as Buddy Holly
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnnyking.net

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:54 am

thanks for that info Johnny Smile we learn so much everyday Smile
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 5:45 pm

johnny king wrote:
michellep wrote:

He was a prolific songwriter, writing some very, very famous stuff for stars such as Buddy Holly

Memphis Mafia member Sonny West NEVER wrote any songs for Buddy Holly or anyone else.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 5:57 pm

Sean, thats not what Johnny meant. He is saying that the Sonny West who did die (Not Elvis one) wrote songs for Buddy Holly etc...

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=yY-qrbtfonUC&pg=PA157&lpg=PA157&dq=sonny+west+songwriter+dies&source=bl&ots=y-UG9piV-1&sig=UW-y00V5JH_d1MRrg5h9ftFIvuM&hl=en&ei=fhB5Ta-dI4ezhAek0fjmBg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CCQQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q&f=false

Heres a bit about him - he wrote oh boy and rave on amongst the ones he wrote..

Smile Hope this clears things up a bit - big shame - big loss to music world for sure Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 5:59 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonny_West

Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:32 pm

michellep wrote:
Sean, thats not what Johnny meant. He is saying that the Sonny West who did die (Not Elvis one) wrote songs for Buddy Holly etc...

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=yY-qrbtfonUC&pg=PA157&lpg=PA157&dq=sonny+west+songwriter+dies&source=bl&ots=y-UG9piV-1&sig=UW-y00V5JH_d1MRrg5h9ftFIvuM&hl=en&ei=fhB5Ta-dI4ezhAek0fjmBg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CCQQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q&f=false

Heres a bit about him - he wrote oh boy and rave on amongst the ones he wrote..

Smile Hope this clears things up a bit - big shame - big loss to music world for sure Sad

Im sorry but everyone is getting confused apart from me.

There seems to be three Sonny Wests that this topic is now about.

No 1: Memphis Mafia Sonny West who is still alive.

No 2: Rockabilly singer, Sonny West who had a hit with his song 'Rock-ola Baby' in the mid-50's and who went on to co-write two major songs for Buddy Holly 'Rave on' and 'Oh Boy' and who i saw on stage in 2002 at a Rock n Roll festival in Hemsby, England, who i believe is still alive.

No3: And lastly, the Sonny West, where the confusion started but has no connection to Elvis or Buddy Holly or Rock n Roll music, who died recently aged 73.
http://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2011/3/7/sonny_west_dies

I hope this has put a stop to the confusion.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:29 pm

gawd its a more popular name than ralised hehe lucky the name wasnt Sonny Smith we would all end up in the funny farm hehe x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next