WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )

Go down 
+5
Garry John
Sean
LISA
PaulShookUp
TCBDavid
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:41 pm

michellep wrote:
gawd its a more popular name than ralised hehe lucky the name wasnt Sonny Smith we would all end up in the funny farm hehe x

Easy mistake to make on Lisa's part but this is the reason why i thought it was important to take down Lisa's original title of her topic and then re-post a topic indicating that 'Memphis Mafia member Sonny West is still alive', because there must be hundreds of Sonny West's in the Southern States of the US who are in their 60's and 70's.

I was just trying to help the Admins and Mods but i wont bother in the future.
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:52 pm

Well the mystery has now been solved. We know you were trying to help Sean but as you can appreciate as a ex modertator yourself we have a group discussion and a group decision if we feel topics are not appropriate. We felt that the topic was fine to stay as so did a lot of the members, you were the only one who didnt agree with the topic.

As you keep replying to the topic this is only bringing it to the attention more especially as everything has been resolved.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:11 pm

val w (Kinky Boots) wrote:
Well the mystery has now been solved. We know you were trying to help Sean but as you can appreciate as a ex modertator yourself we have a group discussion and a group decision if we feel topics are not appropriate. We felt that the topic was fine to stay as so did a lot of the members, you were the only one who didnt agree with the topic.

As you keep replying to the topic this is only bringing it to the attention more especially as everything has been resolved.

Well the reason why i felt it was important to change Lisa's title was there are alot of topic titles that members dont even bother opening and reading all the posts and if they saw the title 'Sonny West passes away' they might go away from the browser with that in mind and then before you know it word gets around the Elvis World that Sonny West has died and when it becomes clear that Sonny West has not died, the Browser could become an embarrassment.

Ive been on the Browser since 2003 and i wouldnt want anyone putting the Browser down which is why i felt strongly about the title topic being removed, more so than most members who havent been here that long.

With all due respect to other members, Admins and Mods, i probably know more about Sonny West than anyone else and this topic has proved it by some members getting Sonny West confused with two other different people.

Even Johhny King thought Memphis Mafia member Sonny West was the same Sonny West who wrote songs for Buddy Holly.

I thought Gary's response to me on page 1 of this topic was over the top to be honest, and no one has even bothered to come out and thanked or appreciated me for sorting out the confusion which is why i wont bother again in the future.

Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:22 pm

What confusion did you sort out Sean from what I can tell the first people to comment that it was not the correct Sonny West was myself and Paul Shook up. To be fair Sean you dont know everyone on here, you dont know who they have or have not met so it is unfair to comment that you know more about Sonny West than anyone.

We really appreciate your comments and input but sometimes you yourself have to respect the comments and maybe the odd mistake people say and appreciate that you are not the only person who has a good knowledge of Elvis.

As this topic is now solved that Sonny West from the Memphis Mafia has not passed away, there is no need to now drawn out this topic. This is not an embarrasment to the Browser it is more of an achievement as we have put the record straight about a genuine mistake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:38 pm

I must admit until Lisa changed the title I thought is was Sonny West (elvis' Sonny), I understand what Sean meant when he said anyone just looking at the title (original one before it changed) would probably pressume it was the Memphis Mafia Sonny West especially what with this being an Elvis forum etcl, the topic all got a bit confused & mixed up but at least now it is all cleared up. . . By the way who is Sonny West affraid lol!
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:50 pm

Sean wrote:

Well the reason why i felt it was important to change Lisa's title was there are alot of topic titles that members dont even bother opening and reading all the posts and if they saw the title 'Sonny West passes away' they might go away from the browser with that in mind and then before you know it word gets around the Elvis World that Sonny West has died and when it becomes clear that Sonny West has not died, the Browser could become an embarrassment.

Ive been on the Browser since 2003 and i wouldnt want anyone putting the Browser down which is why i felt strongly about the title topic being removed, more so than most members who havent been here that long.

With all due respect to other members, Admins and Mods, i probably know more about Sonny West than anyone else and this topic has proved it by some members getting Sonny West confused with two other different people.

Even Johhny King thought Memphis Mafia member Sonny West was the same Sonny West who wrote songs for Buddy Holly.

I thought Gary's response to me on page 1 of this topic was over the top to be honest, and no one has even bothered to come out and thanked or appreciated me for sorting out the confusion which is why i wont bother again in the future.

tbh sean most of your post's these days are over the top...i used to have the upmost respect for you & what you used to bring to this forum.... dont know whats happend with you of late but it seems all's you do is come on here to have comfrontations & arguments with anyone you can.... you seem to take great pleasure in winding people up...... & just to clarify you are an ex-moderator & we the current team dont apreciate BEING TOLD HOW TO RUN THIS BOARD, Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:42 pm

Garry John wrote:
Sean wrote:

tbh sean most of your post's these days are over the top...i used to have the upmost respect for you & what you used to bring to this forum.... dont know whats happend with you of late but it seems all's you do is come on here to have comfrontations & arguments with anyone you can.... you seem to take great pleasure in winding people up...... & just to clarify you are an ex-moderator & we the current team dont apreciate BEING TOLD HOW TO RUN THIS BOARD, Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Gary,

I strongly disagree with everything you have just put and if that isnt a reply to provoke me then i dont know what is but im not gonna get pulled into another of these fights where i come out looking like im the trouble maker.

You have made it quite clear that my help and input is obviously not appreciated.

No problem, will only post seldomly if that is what you want.

Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:08 pm

Sean. Just for future reference my name is spelt with 2 R's... I ain't arguing just stating fact as you have inadvertently put (Quote" another argument" which confirms you've been in other arguments)FACT so you can disagree all you like... Your the one that has tried to provoke a reaction from the start of this post & I suggest you don't take my word for it but your own by looking back at your posts...!!!
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:18 pm

Garry John wrote:
Sean. Just for future reference my name is spelt with 2 R's... I ain't arguing just stating fact as you have inadvertently put (Quote" another argument" which confirms you've been in other arguments)FACT so you can disagree all you like... Your the one that has tried to provoke a reaction from the start of this post & I suggest you don't take my word for it but your own by looking back at your posts...!!!

Yes i have just been reading back and im sorry but its you Garry that started this arguement on your first post, the way you worded it and the way you used capital letters.

It may have come across that i was telling the Mods how to run the browser but i didnt mean to, just felt strongly about changing the topic title asap.

Back to top Go down
John Devil
John Devil

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:36 pm

Here we go again
Elvis Forum ?????
A genuine error was posted with the best
of intentions it was then rectified whats the Problem
Lets not make this into something it dont need to and
no personal issues Your both very knowledgeable
in your own right and both bring a lot to this Forum
Time out enough now open Forum ! !
Respectfully John, just my view
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 7:57 am

NO SEAN IT'S YOU WHO STARTED THIS BY KEEP CHALLENGING THE MODS DECISIONS. YOU SAY IT'S NOT YOU THAT'S ARGUMENTATIVE BUT ME, WELL I'M SURE THERE ARE SEVERAL OTHER MEMBERS THAT HAVE HAD RUNINS WITH YOU OVER THE PAST 18 MNTHS THAT HAVE FOUND THEMSELVES ON THE END OF ONE OF YOUR "I KNOW MORE ABOUT ELVIS THAN YOU RANTS" WOULD DISAGREE WITH YOU. GETOVER YOURSELF & GET A LIFE IF YOU WISH TO CARRY YOUR ARGUMENT ON TAKE IT TO P.M. BECAUSE I'M SURE THE REST OF THE MEMBERS ARE FINDING YOUR SELFRIGHTEDNESS BORING AS I KNOW I DO
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:58 am

This topic is now locked as it has been solved and the rest of the topic is going in the wrong direction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )   Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died ) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changed title... (its not Elvis's Sonny West that has died )
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2