WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elvis Presley's Memphis crypt up for auction

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Elvis Presley's Memphis crypt up for auction Empty
PostSubject: Elvis Presley's Memphis crypt up for auction   Elvis Presley's Memphis crypt up for auction Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 8:39 pm

The original crypt in which Elvis Presley was buried is to go up for auction.

The singer's body was kept in a private crypt in Forest Hill Cemetery in Memphis for roughly two months, before he was buried on his Graceland estate, reports Rolling Stone.

Elvis's mother was also interred in the mausoleum's crypt before being buried alongside her son at Graceland after Elvis's father received permission from the State of Tennessee to bury them both on the private land. The crypt has been empty since mother and son were both removed.

The auction is part of a two day sale which takes place June 23-24 by Julien's Auctions. Darren Julian of the auction house has said: "It's definitely a conversation piece. Only one person can say, 'Hey, I'm going to be buried where Elvis Presley was."

Bidding is set to start at $100,000 (£63,7550).

Not sure why they want to sell it. Wouldnt it belong to the presley family anyway as they had bought it in the first place.

Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Presley's Memphis crypt up for auction   Elvis Presley's Memphis crypt up for auction Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:51 pm

I am so gutted to hear this. Its the place I felt closest to Elvis and think Forest Hill is a lovely peaceful place to visit. Is upsetting to think, by the time I get back there, it will belong to someone else.
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Presley's Memphis crypt up for auction   Elvis Presley's Memphis crypt up for auction Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:53 pm

Thats bloody discusting how could they do it ? I'm really upset i have to be honest.

Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
tutt
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
tutt

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Presley's Memphis crypt up for auction   Elvis Presley's Memphis crypt up for auction Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 4:12 pm

Unbelievable..disgusted anything for a quick buck.. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rick.laws.31
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Presley's Memphis crypt up for auction   Elvis Presley's Memphis crypt up for auction Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 5:45 pm

Who actually owns it? Think it is getting to the point there will be nothing of Elvis's left to visit besides Graceland. Times like this I wish Lisa Marie would step in.
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Presley's Memphis crypt up for auction   Elvis Presley's Memphis crypt up for auction Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 9:09 pm

I think Graceland is still hers but not sure what else is. She sold off a lot of stuff as far as I know including the Elvis Presley name in terms of merchandise.

I dont know the in's and out's of it but would like to know whats still in the family. It must be a huge thing to undertake but its a shame if she is letting it all go Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
John Devil
John Devil

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Presley's Memphis crypt up for auction   Elvis Presley's Memphis crypt up for auction Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 5:14 pm

I See this was taken out of the Auction Today because of pressure from Fans
Well done to everyone who complained
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Presley's Memphis crypt up for auction   Elvis Presley's Memphis crypt up for auction Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:46 pm

Brilliant news, proves the power of Elvis fans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Presley's Memphis crypt up for auction   Elvis Presley's Memphis crypt up for auction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elvis Presley's Memphis crypt up for auction
Page 1 of 1