WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What Guitar do you have?

Go down 
+4
val w (Kinky Boots)
elvisinmemphis
MichaelAMemphis
TCBinaflash
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TCBinaflash
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBinaflash

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2007-07-28

What Guitar do you have? Empty
PostSubject: What Guitar do you have?   What Guitar do you have? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 10:58 am

HiYa ETA's
I have 3 guitars myself and cant play a damn note do you have a guitar can you play it and what ones do you have, also do you think it is important to use a guitar in your act?
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisforeveryone.co.uk
MichaelAMemphis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
MichaelAMemphis

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: What Guitar do you have?   What Guitar do you have? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 11:12 am

I do play guitar Mark, but I don`t in my act.

As it happens, two of my backing singers are excellent musicians - Hollie plays guitar, bass guitar with her best instrument being keyboards/ piano. Berly plays guitar and keyboards.

When we have both sets sorted out we are gonna do a jamming session and put it on our site and youtube, etc.

I do think it is important to have a guitar in your act - I only use mine as a prop.
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.UKELVIS.CO.UK
elvisinmemphis
Knocking On Gracelands Door
elvisinmemphis

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2007-07-31

PostSubject: Re: What Guitar do you have?   What Guitar do you have? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 11:32 am

hi Mark

I bought the Gibson J200 replica about 3 years ago. Although I used to play the guitar years ago I am long since out of practice. Just a 3 chord man these days.
I had the chance to buy one in Memphis during the nineties but I was concerned about the flight back if it was lost or damaged which has happened with other guitars of mine when working abroad. So when the present one came on the market, I couldn't resist it.

It is my most expensive "prop" as I wear it for only acouple of numbers but like Mike said a guitar to open up with is important on stage even if you can or can't play.
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: What Guitar do you have?   What Guitar do you have? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 11:33 am

I have got an air guitar which I play fabulous lol! .
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: What Guitar do you have?   What Guitar do you have? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 11:41 am

val b wrote:
I have got an air guitar which I play fabulous lol! .

lol! lol! lol! lol! You go girl! I cant help playing air guitar when Status Quo come on. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
jason
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
jason

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: What Guitar do you have?   What Guitar do you have? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 3:16 pm

this is someting i really want to look at in the future. not at the top of my list just now though but i would like to have the black dove guitar from the 70s concerts.

is it possible to play over normal backing tracks with guitar? or is it best just to use it as a prop? i'm thinking of just using it for thats allright or see see rider. i cant really play at the moment but i would like to learn some basic chords.

My older brother plays guitar and last year we recorded a cd for my mum for mothers day she was chuffed to bits. i'm hopeing he could show teach me a little when we have the chance.
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: What Guitar do you have?   What Guitar do you have? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 4:31 pm

I use a guitar for CCrider and Burning love but as a prop here's a piccy of one of my guitars without the gibson pickguard , infact its minus the doves on the bridge as well. i actually customise guitars for the elvis look lol.

What Guitar do you have? Dscf0010

Click to enlarge

Same as elvis used in the Aloha from hawaii

paul.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
TCBinaflash
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBinaflash

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: What Guitar do you have?   What Guitar do you have? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 4:54 pm

Steve
I know about your guitar and i envy you soo much how about putting a pic of it up here
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisforeveryone.co.uk
elvisinmemphis
elvisinmemphis

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2007-07-31

PostSubject: Re: What Guitar do you have?   What Guitar do you have? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 11:04 pm

Hi Mark
I'm clueless how to put a picture up so I stuck it in the box for you.

Regards Steve
Back to top Go down
elvis rip
elvis rip

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: What Guitar do you have?   What Guitar do you have? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 9:16 am

i use the aloha guitar cant play a note though but i love playing with that g string though lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Guitar do you have?   What Guitar do you have? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Guitar do you have?
Page 1 of 1