WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

An Idea For hope

Go down 
+3
Myke Foard
EDDIE P
Garry John
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Myke Foard
Knocking On Gracelands Door
Myke Foard

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-11-09

An Idea For hope Empty
PostSubject: An Idea For hope   An Idea For hope Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 9:05 pm

With the recent spate of equipment being stolen, why not form some kind of union (for the want of a better word). All members can chip in on their first joining, a nominal fee to be agreed and affordable, then throughout the year you could hold events and the mony raised goes into an account where it will gain interest (though these days not much). Then, should some one loose their equipment in this way, or falls on hadtimes, we could help that member in a financial way, thus enabling then to get back and recoup their losses. Afterall, no equipment (or fuel for the car etc) no work then another ETA is lost!

Just an idea. What do you all think?
Back to top Go down

An Idea For hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea For hope   An Idea For hope Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 9:33 pm

i like it good idea mr foard
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

An Idea For hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea For hope   An Idea For hope Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 12:13 pm

Myke Foard wrote:
With the recent spate of equipment being stolen, why not form some kind of union (for the want of a better word). All members can chip in on their first joining, a nominal fee to be agreed and affordable, then throughout the year you could hold events and the mony raised goes into an account where it will gain interest (though these days not much). Then, should some one loose their equipment in this way, or falls on hadtimes, we could help that member in a financial way, thus enabling then to get back and recoup their losses. Afterall, no equipment (or fuel for the car etc) no work then another ETA is lost!

awsome idea mr foard.! i recently thought about this idea myself but didnt know how to pose it..!! what due to the current credit crunch & job loses. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad but i for one would support this idea cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
Myke Foard
Myke Foard

An Idea For hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea For hope   An Idea For hope Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 12:22 pm

It would take some sorting, but between the three main boards, surely we could get some kind of agreeable group to run things.
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2007-08-28

An Idea For hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea For hope   An Idea For hope Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 4:46 pm

i'm thinking , is there some sort of ETA governing body in excistence ?? like a sort of union ??? hope i make sence Smile like an equity for Elvis tributes , there's so many of us we should have our own union Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.eddiepmemoriesshow.com
Myke Foard
Myke Foard

An Idea For hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea For hope   An Idea For hope Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 5:09 pm

Thats what I am on about Edd, exactly that, where we can help eachother!
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

An Idea For hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea For hope   An Idea For hope Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 5:11 pm

Myke Foard wrote:
Thats what I am on about Edd, exactly that, where we can help eachother!

cool Cool i'm just suprised there is'nt something already in existence scratch Smile
Back to top Go down
Dean-Mack
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Dean-Mack

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2007-09-24

An Idea For hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea For hope   An Idea For hope Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 5:34 pm

Myke Foard wrote:

I think it is a fantastic idea, all funds could be held in a trustees paypal account with an admin board over-seeing it.
I know Paul has already organized the event in Feb to replace Eddies gear, couldn't the money that is left over start off as the "Float" for the account and then be built on by annual forum subscriptions, Or even split between John E Prescott and Craig Memphis King who are 2 others who have been robbed of their gear this year?
Back to top Go down
http://www.deanmack.co.uk
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

An Idea For hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea For hope   An Idea For hope Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 5:52 pm

I think its a good idea but i prefer for us to put on fundrasiers where we all show support for the person who we are raising money for ,

1) makes the eta feel supported
2) chance to meet new people
3) Just another excuse to have a Elvis Weekender and P*ss Up drunken drunken drunken drunken
4) Positive press coverage of the supported event in the name of Elvis Presley and keeps him in the public eye.

Paul.
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
Myke Foard
Myke Foard

An Idea For hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea For hope   An Idea For hope Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 7:24 pm

I get your point there Paul, but looking at point number 3 & 4, these could be covered and become reletively self funding. Annual subs wouldn't be required just a one off joining fee, then any monies raised by way fundraisers go towards the provision of another show next time and raise enough to support itself and the ETA who is a member and needs help.

If successfull and you have more reserves than you expect then you go on to do the true Elvis nature of supporting charities in his name!!

As I said just an idea!
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

An Idea For hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea For hope   An Idea For hope Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 7:24 pm

[quote="Dean-Mack"]
Myke Foard wrote:

Just an idea. What do you all think?[/qu

I think it is a fantastic idea, all funds could be held in a trustees paypal account with an admin board over-seeing it.
I know Paul has already organized the event in Feb to replace Eddies gear, couldn't the money that is left over start off as the "Float" for the account and then be built on by annual forum subscriptions, Or even split between John E Prescott and Craig Memphis King who are 2 others who have been robbed of their gear this year?

This is a fantastic and thoughtful idea , but i would'nt expect any less from Dean Smile
Back to top Go down
PaulShookUp
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
PaulShookUp

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-07-30

An Idea For hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea For hope   An Idea For hope Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:51 am

Just to add my thoughts on this subject, over at www.apepta.co.uk I thought long and hard over working out a system of a support fund, similar to what has been mentioned here.
Although the theory and sentiment is great the admin of running and controlling it is a minefield at every turn.

As Paul B has said it is easier and more direct to hold regular events and make donations from the profits than to try and control a support fund.
Back to top Go down

An Idea For hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea For hope   An Idea For hope Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:59 am

This may be a little off the topic but the question was raised about ETA "unions" or groups or support systems. Here is an article describing some of what took place in the USA back in the early days....as you will see, these groups usually come to an end as, unfortunately, ETA's can never seem to agree on things in the long run...but the concept has been there for years.....again, a little off the exact topic, but it gives a bit of history and food for thought (Rick Marino is known for being blunt and outspoken and you may or may not agree with his thoughts, but the article does show the gist of the early attempts to have a support organization for ETA's).

http://www.ladyluckmusic.com/radio/hunter/rickmarino/

Last edited by Elvis3577 on Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

An Idea For hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea For hope   An Idea For hope Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:11 am

Well for me i wouldn't want to stand in the way of any project like this but for me it would have to be a no , my own personal opinion on this is like in the case of EddieP who had his gear nicked from his car, i want to do something for Eddie and thats why we are doing the fundraiser for him on valentines weekend , we will have a great time doing everyone will feel good because not only are they having a great time there also feel a sence of there helping out a top fella at the end of the night the money will be handed over and thats the end of it. Everyone goes home happy.

As soon as you mix money with friendships things tend to go pairshaped and that would be such a shame in this case and like paul said its a admin nightmare waiting to happen.

I wish MYke all the best with this venture should he take it on or anyone else for that matter and hope they respect my opinion not to get involved with it but these are just my personal thoughts , and shouldn't stop anyone else supporting it.

Paul.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
rock n roll rebel
rock n roll rebel

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-07-10

An Idea For hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea For hope   An Idea For hope Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:13 pm

We totally agree paul, we have organised and advertised this as the Eddiep fundraiser.
and all money raised goes to Eddie to replace his equipment.
There is nothing to stop anyone organising a fundraiser for a fund to help other etas.
we think its a good idea in principle, and great that etas want to help each other, we also think their could be problems, but we prefer the individual fundraisers. that way people meet the recipient.
Back to top Go down
Myke Foard
Myke Foard

An Idea For hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea For hope   An Idea For hope Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 1:08 pm

Some great responses there, but it appears that the individual fundraising would be a better way forward than the 'union' idea. Thanks to PaulShookup for the added insight and of course for the USA historic experiences from Elvis3577.

It was only an idea floating in my head and need to find out from others if they thought it would work. So individual fundraisers here we come!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

An Idea For hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea For hope   An Idea For hope Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Idea For hope
Page 1 of 1