WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elvis' Ring Sells!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
danusia
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
danusia

Number of posts : 2967
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Elvis' Ring Sells! Empty
PostSubject: Elvis' Ring Sells!   Elvis' Ring Sells! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 9:11 am

Elvis' Ring Sells!

Elvis' Ring Sells! Elvis10ctring
Elvis Presley's ring sells for $122,550: A ring once owned by Elvis Presley that went up at auction at Affiliated Auction on Sunday sold for $122,550 to a buyer from outside the United States.
The flashy ring, which has 19 diamonds mounted on a 14-carat gold band, was expected to sell for close to $100,000. But it's the story behind the ring that really makes the jewelry special.
Lloyd Perry was in the front row of an Elvis concert July 24, 1975, in Asheville, N.C., when Presley tossed a guitar to the audience. Perry and another man next to him caught the guitar, but Perry graciously let the other man have it.
"After a couple more songs, all of a sudden my wife nudged me and said Elvis is motioning for you to come to the stage," Perry said in a written account of the concert.
That was when the famed musician took off his ring and handed it to Perry. He held on to it over the years until connecting with Affiliated Auction Galleries in Tallahassee. Malcolm Mason, Affiliated Auctions' director of operations, said he thought the ring was pretty amazing when he first saw it.
"It's a piece of Americana," he said.
You Read it FIRST at elvisunlimited.com!

08-12-2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elvis' Ring Sells! 173_20091208104701 The ring on this picture was sold for $122,500 (€82.500) in an auction on December 6. The ring is a 10ct diamond / 14k gold ring that Elvis gave away during his concert on July 24 1975 in Asheville. Lloyd Perry was the lucky one to receive this ring. The authenticity of the ring is very wel documented with certificates, pictures and newspaper clippings. The auction was hosted by Affiliated Auctions.

Source: ElvisMatters, 08.10.2009
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Elvis' Ring Sells! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis' Ring Sells!   Elvis' Ring Sells! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 8:21 pm

hehe, now I know what my hubby has bought me for christmas. Elvis' Ring Sells! Lol
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Elvis' Ring Sells! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis' Ring Sells!   Elvis' Ring Sells! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:56 am

another exmple of the generosity and kindness that Elvis had , only 2 of the reasons why we love him so much , i love story's like this , they really lift me Elvis' Ring Sells! Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.eddiepmemoriesshow.com
Sponsored content

Elvis' Ring Sells! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis' Ring Sells!   Elvis' Ring Sells! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elvis' Ring Sells!
Page 1 of 1