WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Marriage Certificate Sells For $70,000

Go down 
AuthorMessage
danusia
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
danusia

Number of posts : 2967
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Marriage Certificate Sells For $70,000 Empty
PostSubject: Marriage Certificate Sells For $70,000   Marriage Certificate Sells For $70,000 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:04 pm

Marriage Certificate Sells For $70,000 10505405-michael-jackson-and-lisa-marie-presleys-marriage-certificate-brought-70800
MICHAEL JACKSON and LISA MARIE PRESLEY's 1994 marriage certificate has sold for $70,800 at auction.
The document, which boasts both stars' signatures, was issued to the couple following a 15-minute ceremony on 26 May (94) in the Dominican Republic.
It went under the hammer on Saturday (23Jan10) with an opening price of $27,000 and quickly sparked a bidding war as two collectors vied for the item, racking up 20 offers between them.
The anonymous winner says, "My wife and I have been collecting autographs and memorabilia since 1973. Several years ago we were outbid on the marriage certificate signed by Marilyn Monroe and Arthur Miller and I did not want to miss the chance to own this one. We were very excited. The King of Pop's highly-publicised marriage with Elvis Presley's daughter lasted until early 1996, when Lisa Marie filed for divorce.

Source: ElvisUnlimited, 27January 20101
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1