WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut Show with live band!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut  Show with live band! Empty
PostSubject: 'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut Show with live band!   'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut  Show with live band! Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 5:30 pm

Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: 'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut Show with live band!   'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut  Show with live band! Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 5:43 pm

Well done Daz hard song i think to pull off and you did it excellent
Back to top Go down
http://www.eddiepmemoriesshow.com

PostSubject: Re: 'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut Show with live band!   'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut  Show with live band! Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 11:26 pm

apart from your belt being tied the wrong side and shakeing the wrong leg not a bad effort
Back to top Go down
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2010-01-25

PostSubject: Re: 'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut Show with live band!   'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut  Show with live band! Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 1:14 am

true it is the wrong side but im certain a lot of people probably wont even notice
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut Show with live band!   'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut  Show with live band! Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 1:45 am

EDDIE P wrote:
Well done Daz hard song i think to pull off and you did it excellent
Thankyou kindly Ed, very much appreciated mate Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut Show with live band!   'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut  Show with live band! Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 2:01 am

Pete Moore wrote:
apart from your belt being tied the wrong side and shakeing the wrong leg not a bad effort
Hi Pete, I think that the belt & which shaky leg is pretty un-important as nobody else seemed to notice or care that was at the show or on facebook & youtube, infact I have had some fantastic responses to this video so I am very happy, thanks for taking time out to comment, appreciate it . . . .

Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: 'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut Show with live band!   'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut  Show with live band! Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 7:52 am

DARREN H PRESLEY wrote:
Pete Moore wrote:
Hi Pete, I think that the belt & which shaky leg is pretty un-important as nobody else seemed to notice or care that was at the show or on facebook & youtube, infact I have had some fantastic responses to this video so I am very happy, thanks for taking time out to comment, appreciate it . . . .

Is it really important to comment about the belt and leg?

I didn't know it was a 'spot the difference ' competition with Elvis and Darren. Rolling Eyes

Great performance Darren.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut Show with live band!   'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut  Show with live band! Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:34 am

just my opinion, if you are trying to pay a true and sinsere tribute i think it is important to try to get the small details right as much as you can this i believe sets you apart from your run of the mill E.T.A's
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: 'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut Show with live band!   'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut  Show with live band! Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:59 am

Pete Moore wrote:
just my opinion, if you are trying to pay a true and sinsere tribute i think it is important to try to get the small details right as much as you can this i believe sets you apart from your run of the mill E.T.A's

Well in that case, you may as well mention faults with every single video or photo of all Elvis tribute artists when comparing them to Elvis.

I mean, if i made some negative comments about you or David i dont think you both would like it so i refrain from doing that to avoid a fight.

Back to top Go down
wongy
Through Graceland Gates
Through Graceland Gates
wongy

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: 'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut Show with live band!   'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut  Show with live band! Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 12:04 pm

That's a bit below the belt Sean, Why do people keep putting Video's up asking for people's comments if they can't accept what is said. I think the safest way is for everyone not to say anything at all, in fact there is not much point in coming on the browser if people are afraid to pass any comments.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpresley.co.uk
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: 'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut Show with live band!   'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut  Show with live band! Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 12:25 pm

Hold on guys before we get into yet another DarrenH video fight, the rules state its fine to give constructive critique which i believe Pete has done. So maybe next time Darren does a video he will look out for this ?

Believe me if this had been a contest situation every little detail would have been looked at including the look so pete is infact right and been helpful.

Lets play nice now boys we all left school a long time ago !
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: 'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut Show with live band!   'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut  Show with live band! Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 12:41 pm

wongy wrote:
That's a bit below the belt Sean, Why do people keep putting Video's up asking for people's comments if they can't accept what is said. I think the safest way is for everyone not to say anything at all, in fact there is not much point in coming on the browser if people are afraid to pass any comments.

I have been honest and made comments in the past that have (not intentionally) upset alot of people on here just for being honest so ive learnt that as far as negative comments are concerned, its best not to make those comments.

Darren will be the first one to tell you this, when i first saw his video clips i made comments that upset him so stopped making those comments but the more video clips he put up the more i started to think how good he is.

There have been others on here where ive corrected them on certain Elvis facts and they have got the right hump about it.

Quite a few members on here hate me for being honest, others appreciate my honesty.

I choose my words very carefully as to try and not offend anyone on here, i think the 'belt and the leg' remark was not needed by Pete considering how good that performance of 'Patch It Up' was.

If any other ETA can match a performance like that then please let us see it.

Last edited by Sean on Sun May 29, 2011 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut Show with live band!   'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut  Show with live band! Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 12:43 pm

pauldb38 wrote:
Hold on guys before we get into yet another DarrenH video fight, the rules state its fine to give constructive critique which i believe Pete has done. So maybe next time Darren does a video he will look out for this ?

Believe me if this had been a contest situation every little detail would have been looked at including the look so pete is infact right and been helpful.

Paul read my reply to Pete please, I have not said ANYTHING wrong to Pete?? I actually thanked him for commenting! scratch Fact is it wasn't a contest & as I said nobody at the show even mentioned it & obviously not bothered by it & there were some die hard Elvis fans there.
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

PostSubject: Re: 'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut Show with live band!   'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut  Show with live band! Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 12:51 pm

DARREN H PRESLEY wrote:
pauldb38 wrote:

Paul read my reply to Pete please, I have not said ANYTHING wrong to Pete?? I actually thanked him for commenting! scratch Fact is it wasn't a contest & as I said nobody at the show even mentioned it & obviously not bothered by it & there were some die hard Elvis fans there.

I never said you did Darren oh lord he we go again. Ok it pains me to say this but i just watched your video and i can see the point Pete was making , the dramitic swaying of the belt that added something to the prefromance and the shakey let is what you expect from elvis , because you had your belt wrong you could see that and at times you could see the leg movement.

What you dont seem to grasp Darren is because it wasnt faceing the audiance it took something a way you might as well have been doing it under a sheet. You know take it for what it is darren if thats all someone can pull you on is your belt and your shakey leg then your doing something right.

Last edited by pauldb38 on Sun May 29, 2011 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut Show with live band!   'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut  Show with live band! Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Sean wrote:
wongy wrote:

I have been honest and made comments in the past that have (not intentionally) upset alot of people on here just for being honest so ive learnt that as far as negative comments are concerned, its best not to make those comments.

Darren will be the first one to tell you this, when i first saw his video clips i made comments that upset him so stopped making those comments but the more video clips he put up the more i started to think how good he is.

There have been others on here where ive corrected them on certain Elvis facts and they have got the right hump about it.

Quite a few members on here hate me for being honest, others appreciate my honesty.

I choose my words very carefully as to try and not offend anyone on here, i think the 'belt and the leg' remark was not needed by Pete considering how good that performance of 'Patch It Up' was.

If any other ETA can match a performance like that then please let us see it.
Hi Sean, yes u did used to give me a hard time lol, seems like ages ago now! But if I am honest it was those type of comments that made me determined to better myself. At the time I thought u just didn't like me but I have learned that was not the case & u were just being honest in your opinions. That is why when u now leave positive comments it really does mean alot to me coz I know how critical u can be & who better to get feedback from than die hard Elvis fans!
Thankyou so much for your comments Sean, as I said they are truly appreciated! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut Show with live band!   'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut  Show with live band! Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 1:00 pm

pauldb38 wrote:
DARREN H PRESLEY wrote:
pauldb38 wrote:

I never said you did Darren oh lord he we go again. Ok it pains me to say this but i just watched your video and i can see the point Pete was making , the dramitic swaying of the belt that added something to the prefromance and the shakey let is what you expect from elvis , becuase you had your belt wrong you could see that and at times you could see the leg movement.

What you dont seem to grasp Darren is because it wasnt faceing the audiance it took something a way you might as well have been doing it under a sheet. You know take it for what it is darren if thast all someone can pull you on is your belt and your shakey leg then your doing something right.
Thanks Paul, You are right - if only pulled up on the belt & shaky leg then everything else must have been ok, as I said the comment that Pete made regarding the belt & shaky leg didn't bother me really hence my reply to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut Show with live band!   'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut  Show with live band! Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 1:06 pm

Thanks Paul, You are right - if only pulled up on the belt & shaky leg then everything else must have been ok, as I said the comment that Pete made regarding the belt & shaky leg didn't bother me really hence my reply to him.

Darren the comment i made was not intended to bother you as you put it , my comment was an observation only from one E.T.A to another
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: 'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut Show with live band!   'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut  Show with live band! Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 1:18 pm

Pete Moore wrote:

Darren the comment i made was not intended to bother you as you put it , my comment was an observation only from one E.T.A to another

But if every ETA made comments like that to each and every other ETA, they would all hate each other.

Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

PostSubject: Re: 'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut Show with live band!   'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut  Show with live band! Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 1:29 pm

Sean wrote:
Pete Moore wrote:

But if every ETA made comments like that to each and every other ETA, they would all hate each other.

Sean i have to disagree with you here , i would sooner have a friend on here telling me actually that dont look right or that dont sound right , than preforming in front of a crowd of 300 + people telling me i got it wrong ?

You see for me its great telling people there great because your mates but a true mate would say well actually yeah it was good but this dont look or sound right. I have to say you been as knowledgeable as you are with Elvis i would have thought you would find it in you to say great but this needs a little tweek. I would sooner have you say that on a forum where there all friends than like i say going out and a live audience telling you

Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: 'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut Show with live band!   'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut  Show with live band! Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 1:44 pm

pauldb38 wrote:
Sean wrote:
Pete Moore wrote:

Sean i have to disagree with you here , i would sooner have a friend on here telling me actually that dont look right or that dont sound right , than preforming in front of a crowd of 300 + people telling me i got it wrong ?

You see for me its great telling people there great because your mates but a true mate would say well actually yeah it was good but this dont look or sound right. I have to say you been as knowledgeable as you are with Elvis i would have thought you would find it in you to say great but this needs a little tweek. I would sooner have you say that on a forum where there all friends than like i say going out and a live audience telling you

Id be more than happy to do that but from past experiences on here i tend to come out of it as the bad guy. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut Show with live band!   'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut  Show with live band! Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 2:00 pm

Sean wrote:
pauldb38 wrote:
Sean wrote:
Pete Moore wrote:

Id be more than happy to do that but from past experiences on here i tend to come out of it as the bad guy. Wink

Well I can only speak from my past experiences with Sean's comments, he has always been honest with me & as I said in a previous post he used to pick me apart which at the time was hard to take onboard but because of it I feel I have improved & he has obviously seen the improvement & seen how hard I have worked on my tribute. He has been critisized for being brutally honest in the past so if u get a good comment from Sean then u know it is justly deserved.
As I said no Eta will be perfect in their performance as they are NOT Elvis, he was unique, even Doug doesn't always wear things the way Elvis did. Some Eta's like to wear a different belt with the a jumpsuit rather than the belt that should be worn with it, it's just an individual choice I think, depends how u want to be perceived - a tribute or an impersonator.
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

PostSubject: Re: 'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut Show with live band!   'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut  Show with live band! Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 2:03 pm

Sean we put up a sticky a while back saying as long as its respectful and constructive then there is no problem. The whole point of the browser and has always been the case is to help out ETA's and if we can respectively tell someone by changing this or doing that it gives the ETA brownie points when on stage and raises the level of the ETA standard then theres no problem in it.

Someone with knowledge of how Elvis looks or sounds is the ideal person to say well that dont look right , or it could be a move someone is doing there trying to do it to much like elvis but there not physically able to or it dont look right theres nothing wrong with saying have you tried it this way that way etc. If it dont look or sound right as friends we should be able to discuss without taking offence.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: 'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut Show with live band!   'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut  Show with live band! Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 2:43 pm

DARREN H PRESLEY wrote:
Sean wrote:
pauldb38 wrote:
Sean wrote:
Pete Moore wrote:

Well I can only speak from my past experiences with Sean's comments, he has always been honest with me & as I said in a previous post he used to pick me apart which at the time was hard to take onboard but because of it I feel I have improved & he has obviously seen the improvement & seen how hard I have worked on my tribute. He has been critisized for being brutally honest in the past so if u get a good comment from Sean then u know it is justly deserved.
As I said no Eta will be perfect in their performance as they are NOT Elvis, he was unique, even Doug doesn't always wear things the way Elvis did. Some Eta's like to wear a different belt with the a jumpsuit rather than the belt that should be worn with it, it's just an individual choice I think, depends how u want to be perceived - a tribute or an impersonator.

Thanks Darren.

pauldb38 wrote:
Sean we put up a sticky a while back saying as long as its respectful and constructive then there is no problem. The whole point of the browser and has always been the case is to help out ETA's and if we can respectively tell someone by changing this or doing that it gives the ETA brownie points when on stage and raises the level of the ETA standard then theres no problem in it.

Someone with knowledge of how Elvis looks or sounds is the ideal person to say well that dont look right , or it could be a move someone is doing there trying to do it to much like elvis but there not physically able to or it dont look right theres nothing wrong with saying have you tried it this way that way etc. If it dont look or sound right as friends we should be able to discuss without taking offence.

Ok Paul thanks for letting me know that i didn't realise.

I will try and put up some constructive comments to anything i see , if it helps them out.I wont be too harsh Wink
Back to top Go down
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2010-01-25

PostSubject: Re: 'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut Show with live band!   'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut  Show with live band! Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:11 am

Quote :
I mean, if i made some negative comments about you or David

whilst im usually up for a good argue im not going to join in just like to point out my comment of

Quote :
true it is the wrong side but im certain a lot of people probably wont even notice

was whilst agreeing with petes point, it was (for a change i admit) defending the performance so i dont see why you felt the need to bring me into it...

thats all i wanted to say on the matter
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: 'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut Show with live band!   'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut  Show with live band! Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 8:54 am

TCBDavid wrote:
Quote :
I mean, if i made some negative comments about you or David

whilst im usually up for a good argue im not going to join in just like to point out my comment of

Thats fair enough but then id like to make a comment about your profile photo.

The beach your standing on looks quite cold but you have a jumpsuit on and your wearing sunglasses.

Dont you think a better photo of yourself in a jumpsuit, would be on a stage?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut Show with live band!   'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut  Show with live band! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'PATCH IT UP' - London Theatre Debut Show with live band!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next