WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CLIFF RICHARD - CLIFF RICHARD TURNED DOWN ELVIS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
charmainejensenvoisine
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
charmainejensenvoisine

Number of posts : 2539
Registration date : 2007-11-13

CLIFF RICHARD - CLIFF RICHARD TURNED DOWN ELVIS Empty
PostSubject: CLIFF RICHARD - CLIFF RICHARD TURNED DOWN ELVIS   CLIFF RICHARD - CLIFF RICHARD TURNED DOWN ELVIS Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 8:07 pm

CLIFF RICHARD - CLIFF RICHARD TURNED DOWN ELVIS Cliff_10

Singer SIR CLIFF RICHARD turned down the chance to be photographed with ELVIS PRESLEY - because he was too fat. The 67-year-old was a huge fan of the Suspicious Minds hitmaker and always dreamed of having his picture taken with his idol. But when Richard finally got the opportunity to be snapped with Presley in 1976, he refused as the star was looking "really heavy" at the time. Richard says, "I noticed that when he was making a film he would diet down and regain the animal magnetism. And I wanted a picture of Elvis looking good. So I said no and I waited." But, much to the singer's disappointment, a year later (77) Presley died of a heart attack and Richard has regretted his decision ever since. He adds, "I really kicked myself."

Article Source: http://preview.tinyurl.com/2j3hu4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CLIFF RICHARD - CLIFF RICHARD TURNED DOWN ELVIS   CLIFF RICHARD - CLIFF RICHARD TURNED DOWN ELVIS Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 7:12 am

i would have turned Cliff down for a photo as he is too thin
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: CLIFF RICHARD - CLIFF RICHARD TURNED DOWN ELVIS   CLIFF RICHARD - CLIFF RICHARD TURNED DOWN ELVIS Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 8:23 am

petemoore wrote:
i would have turned Cliff down for a photo as he is too thin

Lmao, good one Pete! Razz Razz Razz Razz

Am really shocked old Cliffy boy said this, if he did actually say this (am weary of press) then Im appalled! I know he himself is very health conscious but shouldnt effect the way he sees other people. Very shallow and selfish No No No No

lorna x
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: CLIFF RICHARD - CLIFF RICHARD TURNED DOWN ELVIS   CLIFF RICHARD - CLIFF RICHARD TURNED DOWN ELVIS Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 9:41 am

Cliff has told this story quite a few times over the years so its nothing new.
I think its more of a regret than having a dig at Elvis.
Cliff does come over as quite a vain person but has always spoke highly of Elvis and acknowledged that if it wasnt for Elvis there would have been no Cliff, no Beatles etc.
It seems to me he feels left out cause he hasnt had much respect from his peers for his musical achievements which is why sometimes he comes out and says things he shouldnt but, that said, he is the first one to tell you how much respect he has for Elvis.
Back to top Go down
ian
Knocking On Gracelands Door
Knocking On Gracelands Door
ian

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: CLIFF RICHARD - CLIFF RICHARD TURNED DOWN ELVIS   CLIFF RICHARD - CLIFF RICHARD TURNED DOWN ELVIS Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 6:20 pm

When Cliff heard Elvis he wanted to be him, Cliff as always said this,
In the sixties Cliff and The Shads went to America to get there fame, but Elvis had already done this, rocknroll was fading out, Elvis was in Hollywood making is movies, Cliffs shows were not sell outs and America did not except him, but Vernon did invite Cliff and The Shads upto Gracelands.
I liked Cliff in is early days but they all started to go all religous even Hank, Jet Harris left as Cliff was having an affair with Jets wife. Bruce welch left is wife for Oliver Newton John, Bruce took Oliver to see Grease in Londons west end where Richard Gere played Danny, Oliver not knowing in a few years time she was going to make one off the best musicals ever, the songs she sung were written by John Farrar who became one off The Shads.
Oliver left Bruch Welch as she having an affair with Sasha destell and poor Bruce ending up in a mental hospital for many months.
The only rocknroll star to meet Elvis from the UK was Billy Fury.
Ian
Billy Dean
Back to top Go down
jason
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
jason

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: CLIFF RICHARD - CLIFF RICHARD TURNED DOWN ELVIS   CLIFF RICHARD - CLIFF RICHARD TURNED DOWN ELVIS Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 2:25 pm

cliff (bluddy) Richard . what a cheek Britains answer to elvis (god help us) anyone for tennis?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CLIFF RICHARD - CLIFF RICHARD TURNED DOWN ELVIS   CLIFF RICHARD - CLIFF RICHARD TURNED DOWN ELVIS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CLIFF RICHARD - CLIFF RICHARD TURNED DOWN ELVIS
Page 1 of 1