WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

When was Elvis's voice at its best?

Go down 
+6
Sean
jesswade
TCBinaflash
eselvisfan
Rockin T
Lorna
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

When was Elvis's voice at its best? Empty
PostSubject: When was Elvis's voice at its best?   When was Elvis's voice at its best? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:35 am

We all like our different era's of Elvis but when in his career do you think his voice was at its peak?

For me I love how he sang round 1970-71 with the Elvis in Memphis and Elvis Country album but I think his voice sounded its best last 2 albums with songs like Hurt, Unchained Melody, Ill never fall in love again etc Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
Rockin T
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Rockin T

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: When was Elvis's voice at its best?   When was Elvis's voice at its best? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 3:18 pm

I love the more rounded and slightly deeper sound he had around the Madison Square Gardens time. Lent itself beautifully to ballads at that time and I`m a sucker for an Elvis ballad.
But still a big fan of the early raw stuff too. Can`t beat a good blast of That`s alright Mama or Good Rockin` Tonight to get rid of the cobwebs.
certainly think that his voice matured really well and where he may have lost a bit of the rocky "edge" that he had in the earlier days he replaced it with a bigger range later on.
One of the few singers that you can listen to at different stages and it`s like listening to different guys but equally as good.
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: When was Elvis's voice at its best?   When was Elvis's voice at its best? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 3:32 pm

I think Elvis his voice was best in the 70's.
It was fuller and powerfull then ever befor, even befor he died, i think he had this great voice!
There was so much passion and power in the 70's, specialy with the ballads and Gospel.
Just loooooooove it!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/
TCBinaflash
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBinaflash

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: When was Elvis's voice at its best?   When was Elvis's voice at its best? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 3:40 pm

1969 to 1977 much improvement from the other era's
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisforeveryone.co.uk
jesswade
Through Graceland Gates
Through Graceland Gates
jesswade

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: When was Elvis's voice at its best?   When was Elvis's voice at its best? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 4:05 pm

for me it s 1974 in the "live from mid south colliseum
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251

PostSubject: Re: When was Elvis's voice at its best?   When was Elvis's voice at its best? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 5:21 pm

I love Elvis' voice from 1953-1977.

The older Elvis got, the deeper his vocals got.

Elvis proberly hit his peak vocally around 1969/70.
Back to top Go down
danusia
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
danusia

Number of posts : 2967
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: When was Elvis's voice at its best?   When was Elvis's voice at its best? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 5:32 pm

I love all songs Elvis', but I adore ballads and gospel in His realization!
Back to top Go down
KING ELVIS
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
KING ELVIS

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: When was Elvis's voice at its best?   When was Elvis's voice at its best? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 8:59 pm

I really like his voice in the 68 comeback show, but also very much the early 70's are very very nice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingelvis.dk
Waynegate
Through Graceland Gates
Through Graceland Gates
Waynegate

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: When was Elvis's voice at its best?   When was Elvis's voice at its best? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 7:23 pm

Sean wrote:
I love Elvis' voice from 1953-1977.

The older Elvis got, the deeper his vocals got.

Elvis proberly hit his peak vocally around 1969/70.

I agree with this 100%.

Though he went more spectacular in the late 70s I think his voice from '69-70 is so pure. Has amazing depth and can reach high notes the to the same standard as the big hitters from later on but with more restraint (Tomorrow Never Comes).

'How The Web Was Woven' for instance is my absolute favourite vocal performance from Elvis.

sunny sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When was Elvis's voice at its best?   When was Elvis's voice at its best? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 7:26 pm

1969 & 1977
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: When was Elvis's voice at its best?   When was Elvis's voice at its best? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 7:42 pm

Elvis had an incredible voice and even though in the latter years of his life, take the CBS Elvis In Concert he came out with performances like My Way, How Great Thou Art, Trying To Get To You and we have all seen the footage of 'Unchained Melody'.

Elvis was in the worse shape of his life and still came out with vocal performances like these songs that stood up with anything he did in the past.

Another of my favourite vocalists was the underrated Matt Monro.

He never exercised, smoked like a chimney, and his vocals were amazing.

But, for Elvis, the years 1969/1970 are my favourites just cause of the material he made.
Back to top Go down
Rockin T
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Rockin T

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: When was Elvis's voice at its best?   When was Elvis's voice at its best? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 8:05 pm

Sean wrote:
Elvis had an incredible voice and even though in the latter years of his life, take the CBS Elvis In Concert he came out with performances like My Way, How Great Thou Art, Trying To Get To You and we have all seen the footage of 'Unchained Melody'.

Elvis was in the worse shape of his life and still came out with vocal performances like these songs that stood up with anything he did in the past.

Another of my favourite vocalists was the underrated Matt Monro.

He never exercised, smoked like a chimney, and his vocals were amazing.

But, for Elvis, the years 1969/1970 are my favourites just cause of the material he made.

Matt Monro was a great singer. But then I`m a bit biased. His son, Matt Jr is a friend of mine Laughing
Back to top Go down
jason
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
jason

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: When was Elvis's voice at its best?   When was Elvis's voice at its best? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 8:20 pm

I agree with all this but hey lets not leave out how good his voice was in the 1973 aloha concert thats gotta take some beeting.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: When was Elvis's voice at its best?   When was Elvis's voice at its best? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 8:33 pm

jason wrote:
I agree with all this but hey lets not leave out how good his voice was in the 1973 aloha concert thats gotta take some beeting.

The Aloha was a great show but he was as nervous as hell for that show and it was so obvious.I always thought he looked more of 'himself' for the rehearsal.

Cant really blame him.

The highlight of THe Aloha was 'Trilogy', without a doubt.

But the 1977 version of 'My Way' blew the Aloha version away.
Back to top Go down
jason
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
jason

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: When was Elvis's voice at its best?   When was Elvis's voice at its best? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 9:09 pm

yeah some of the songs sounded better in the rehersal but then others better in the main show. Overal though what about the songs like what now my love, you gave me a mountain.

yeah trilogy was fantastic ofcourse.

thinking it through though i think all these different eras are all great for different reasons. i think the moves were better in TTWII for intance and yeah he was in the best shape of his life but the voice and suits got more fantastic as time went on. to be honest i think it just depends on what era suits me at the time. i tend to go trough spells of likeing one era the best one month and then another some other time. i think thats the great thing about Elvis you can swap and change with all the differant eras. i mean i even have spells of listening to more stuff from 60s or even 50s. its what suits the mood that way you could never get bored.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When was Elvis's voice at its best?   When was Elvis's voice at its best? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When was Elvis's voice at its best?
Page 1 of 1