WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rio The Voice Of Elvis

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TCBinaflash
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBinaflash

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2007-07-28

Rio The Voice Of Elvis Empty
PostSubject: Rio The Voice Of Elvis   Rio The Voice Of Elvis Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 8:16 pm

Hi seems Trent is the talk of Blackpool but i would like to know about Rio How was his Performance?
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisforeveryone.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Rio The Voice Of Elvis   Rio The Voice Of Elvis Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 8:25 pm

we sat and watched him i thought he was fantastic his unchained melody was awsome the best one of his set not a great mover but he is not the only one lol
Back to top Go down
TCBinaflash
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBinaflash

PostSubject: Re: Rio The Voice Of Elvis   Rio The Voice Of Elvis Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 8:26 pm

lol Thanks Pete Appreciate it Very Happy

Last edited by TCBinaflash on Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elvis in Kent
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Elvis in Kent

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Rio The Voice Of Elvis   Rio The Voice Of Elvis Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 8:32 pm

Mark.
I wasn't going to bother to wacth Rio as, by then, I was a little bit saturated with Elvis (sorry - but don't we all get like that from time to time - no - just me then!).
Anyway I went into the ballroom to pick up some items that I left on my table and Rio had just started his show.
I stayed and watched his whole performance.
For me, he was the unexpected highlight of the entire weekend.
I have never heard anyone sing as close to Elvis as this guy.
OK, he's no spring chicken but his act was extremely polished, he was economical with his moves (just as Elvis was) but when they came along they were very slick and enhanced the show. His command of the stage was a pleasure to see. He commanded the stage and the band in a very professional way.
I did the 'close your eyes' thing a few times and I have not heard any better than this guy.
The highlight was his solo, at the piano, singing 'Unchained Melody' - simply superb - it really could have been Elvis there.
I would most definatley go and pay to see this guy again.
For us slightly older guys it was a real pleasure to watch a guy like Rio bring something special to the stage. You think you know it all in this game and suddenly someone comes along and you can still learn a few tricks.
Unfortunatley I didn't get the chance to meet him after the show but I though he was absolutely superb and, as I've said, the best Elvis voice I have heard.
Now guys and girls it really isn't worth getting into a 'he's not better than Doug Church or Shawn Klush' debate.
For me he brought something new to the table, difficult to explain, but well worth seeing all over again.
Just me thoughts!
Neil J Duncan
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisinthebuilding.com
TCBinaflash
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBinaflash

PostSubject: Re: Rio The Voice Of Elvis   Rio The Voice Of Elvis Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 8:39 pm

Neil Thank You Kindly for that,
I have always wanted to see Rio but is he not from Germany? and i have never heard of him ever coming to the UK except for Blackpool, i have only ever seen Rio on YouTube but with the vids i have seen of him on there Neil i find he is hit and Miss but can be due to bad recordings. Thanks Neil if he has that much Talent its a shame that he has been over shadowed. Neil do you know if Rio will tour the UK? Thanks again Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rio The Voice Of Elvis   Rio The Voice Of Elvis Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 8:52 pm

to be honest i had never heard of him until i found out he was show caseing at blackpool we were in the ballroom when he did a sound check and i thought wow must try and catch his act so de did and wasn't disapointed
Back to top Go down
spirit of elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
spirit of elvis

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Rio The Voice Of Elvis   Rio The Voice Of Elvis Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:40 pm

i have to second what neil j duncan said except i missed his unchained melody cos i went the toilet and for a ciggy damn! but he was awsome, and had the pleasure to meet him after the show when he was on the way back to his room speaking for bout 20 mins lol he said hes actually came to blackpool from italy which is where he lives. but think his nationality is german. i also had my picture taken with him will put it up on the display pic.
Back to top Go down
jason
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
jason

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Rio The Voice Of Elvis   Rio The Voice Of Elvis Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 11:00 am

this guy was great even when he was doing the sound check for the contestants on sunday evening
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rio The Voice Of Elvis   Rio The Voice Of Elvis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rio The Voice Of Elvis
Page 1 of 1