WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Years Honours List

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Elvis in Kent
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Elvis in Kent

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-07-30

New Years Honours List Empty
PostSubject: New Years Honours List   New Years Honours List Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:10 am

A bit of fun - who would be your nominations for a spoof New Years Honours list for the world of Elvis. In other words who do you believe is worthy of recognition based on what he or she has contributed to keeping the music, the name and the memory of Elvis alive today. I will kick off with a few nominees of my own.
1. Shawn Klush - for taking Elvis Tribute Acts to a new level and for giving fans today a real chance to see what an actual Elvis Concert would have been like to watch live. I award Shawn a Knighthood!
2. Kjell H Bjornestad. Back in 2002 I was approached by Kjell's business partner who told me that they were setting up a new business to produce the finest and most authentic Elvis backing tracks ever. In my view they have succeeded and now these fantastic tracks are used by ETA's from all over the world. I award Kjell an MBE.
3. Martin Fox and Michael King - what started as a small contest in 2004 Martin and Mike have persevered with the project, faced all the critisisms head on and taken them on board, kept smiling throughout and are now the proud organisers of one of the largest and most respected Elvis Contests in the world today. A lot of folks talked about doing it - they actually did it! They both deserve an OBE each.
4. Lastly, and mainly because I couldn't bare to think of a grown man crying, I award a CBE to our very own Paul Bulmer. Paul picked up this browser site when it was at it's worst. His continued hard work and common sense has now created a very user friendly, informative and fun place to visit. Well done Paul!

What are your nominations and why?

Neil J Duncan
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisinthebuilding.com
Myke Foard
Knocking On Gracelands Door
Myke Foard

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: New Years Honours List   New Years Honours List Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:32 am

Ha ha ha, like that Neil, good requests. . . have you sent your nominations in to the Government yet??
Back to top Go down
DJ STE
DJ STE

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: New Years Honours List   New Years Honours List Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:41 am

You should have a ceremony! red carpets and giant golden elvis', like an oscar's. Doh Trophey
Back to top Go down
http://www.stesmith.co.uk
Elvis in Kent
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Elvis in Kent

PostSubject: Re: New Years Honours List   New Years Honours List Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:01 pm

Goog idea Steve but I'm not sure I could handle all the crying during the acceptance speeches!
Back to top Go down
spirit of elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
spirit of elvis

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: New Years Honours List   New Years Honours List Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:14 pm

mine would have to be the same in reverse order lmao, and maybe swappin martin fox and michael king with paul sorry paul lol
Back to top Go down
spirit of elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
spirit of elvis

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: New Years Honours List   New Years Honours List Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:17 pm

oh and delteing kjell and putting you sir neil j duncan in place of him for showing us pensioners can still rock. lol!
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: New Years Honours List   New Years Honours List Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:17 am

Lol Neil thats really nice of you and made up you apprciate all the work that goes into this site lol , But its also the loyalty of the browser members who keep the forum alive , so i guess i award should go to all the members as well lol!

I do appreciate everyone who takes the time to post on the forum and make it that special place to be, it does feel like a extension of my familly.

See ya in blackpool.

Paul.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
Elvis in Kent
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Elvis in Kent

PostSubject: Re: New Years Honours List   New Years Honours List Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:12 pm

Paul - you're very welcome! You can repay me at Blackpool - I accept all major 'beer vouchers'
Andy - don't be a cheeky monkey - I was in the fortunate position to be a pensioner at 49!

Neil J Duncan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Years Honours List   New Years Honours List Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Years Honours List
Page 1 of 1