WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ELVIS WEEK 2010

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

ELVIS WEEK 2010 Empty
PostSubject: ELVIS WEEK 2010   ELVIS WEEK 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:17 pm

HI guys, what do you think about my proposition below..???? opinions & ideas's appreciated..before i propose it to the main browser section

A browser organised trip to memphis for ELVIS WEEK AUGUST 2010...????
with saving facillity's for those who want it. i.e. a monthly payment plan into a specially set up account to fund each individual's cost's
trip to include flights, accomodation (possibly with a function room to put on a showcase) & Graceland & Elvis week attraction passes on request

an enormous task i know, but with some brain storming very possible i think.. & very worth it affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk

ELVIS WEEK 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELVIS WEEK 2010   ELVIS WEEK 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 7:22 am

fantastic idea garry and with the members we have on here we could fill our own plane lol also is this before we have the botox and plastic surgery lol
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

ELVIS WEEK 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELVIS WEEK 2010   ELVIS WEEK 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:14 pm

petemoore wrote:
fantastic idea garry and with the members we have on here we could fill our own plane lol also is this before we have the botox and plastic surgery lol
o.k. bud is this a trip you & suey would be really intrested in goin on & is it a project you'd like to get involved in to try & get off the ground...??????????????
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

ELVIS WEEK 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELVIS WEEK 2010   ELVIS WEEK 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:15 pm

You have my full support on this gary !
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk

ELVIS WEEK 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELVIS WEEK 2010   ELVIS WEEK 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:27 pm

count us in
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

ELVIS WEEK 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELVIS WEEK 2010   ELVIS WEEK 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:54 pm

I think it is a great idea but I think you might open a can of worms when being responsible for other peoples money, bookings etc (please dont take that personally or the wrong way as it is not meant that any of us are not trusted).
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

ELVIS WEEK 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELVIS WEEK 2010   ELVIS WEEK 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:19 pm

no no offence taken.. thats why i thought about a payin account for cheques only an (what i mean is that the account isnt a personal account but some form of buissness account) & appointing trusstee's for any paying out (3 signatured req cheques) sorry for this bein long winded but what i mean is hypothetically speakin all cheques made payable to elvisisinthebrowser bank account not an individual person i would be happy to take care of a record book as its somet i do on a smaller basis for my lads wkend away..??????? & as always been succesful.. as i said i know its an ambitious project but with alot of hard work very possible..?????
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081

ELVIS WEEK 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELVIS WEEK 2010   ELVIS WEEK 2010 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 6:02 pm

Well guys, Ive been in touch with the information centre in Memphis and am waiting a reply... this is what I sent them:

Quote :
Dear Sir/Madam, I belong to an Elvis Fan club in England called Elvis_is_in_the_browser and we are trying to organise a trip to Memphis in Elvis week August 2010.
What we are looking for accommodation which is child friendly as some of us will be bringing our children (age range from 4 years+) and as in our group there are a number of professional Elvis tributes, maybe a venue for them to showcase, whether that be in the accommodation or in a separate venue. I anticipate that there will be 15-20+ adults, possibly more as we do have a healthy size fan club (350 members) but due to the current economic climate I guess many would feel they were unable to commit to a trip abroad at this time. In light of this we are trying to put together as much information/ideas as we can collect and present it to our members, including prices and what options are available to us to see what the interest is.
We have been fortunate to visit Memphis before but for many members it is a far out dream, which we as a fan club would love to be able to make reality.

I look forward to hearing from you

Thanks and Kind Regards

Mrs Lorna Bulmer
Fan club Administrator
www.elvisisinthebrowser.com

Im sure we will be able to get this off the ground. It has been suggested we have a Memphis 2010 section where we can post stuff about it. Now I think it can work, whether we hold an actual savers club where we get subs into a business bank account and have trustee's or get people to save up themselves and encourage people all the time, giving them an idea of how much to save, etc etc.
As to booking flights, I think that we should leave that up to the individual member. If a group of us would like to book together, which we prob would then we could sort that out between ourselves. That way you arent waiting on people etc etc.
As with the hotel again, one of us could phone up, I dont mind booking it for X amount of people but if deposits are needed then the money would have to be there before we do it, making it clear we wont sub anyone so it doesnt cause fall outs. Give a cut off point for deposits to be in, if by then those who havent sent theres in wont get booked but we can put the details on the Memphis 2010 section with the tariffs so they can book themselves if they so wish.

These are only suggestions but I would love love love this to become a reality. And even if its just a few of us, it doesnt matter, it would just be the ultimate holiday ever!
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com

ELVIS WEEK 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELVIS WEEK 2010   ELVIS WEEK 2010 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 6:50 pm

i for one think this idea is fantastic but to be honest i don't think it will appeal to the majority of the members on here mainly due to the finacial restraints of this present climate. having said that i think it should be posted on the open forum to give member's the chance to join us there i also think that there should be a deadline for people to post ther interest and then move the topic to a section that is for the eye's of those that have agreed to go just like we did for the christmas get together last year and take it from there .would we get a better deal if we did it all as a block booking so to speak ? i think we would need 8 -10months to save up for this .as we would most likely have to pay the full amount about 2month before departure i think you would need a deadline of august this year then get a bank account set up so that all the ones that have agreed to go can start saving . just my thoughts
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

ELVIS WEEK 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELVIS WEEK 2010   ELVIS WEEK 2010 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 7:52 pm

Lorna wrote:
Well guys, Ive been in touch with the information centre in Memphis and am waiting a reply... this is what I sent them:

Quote :
Dear Sir/Madam, I belong to an Elvis Fan club in England called Elvis_is_in_the_browser and we are trying to organise a trip to Memphis in Elvis week August 2010.
What we are looking for accommodation which is child friendly as some of us will be bringing our children (age range from 4 years+) and as in our group there are a number of professional Elvis tributes, maybe a venue for them to showcase, whether that be in the accommodation or in a separate venue. I anticipate that there will be 15-20+ adults, possibly more as we do have a healthy size fan club (350 members) but due to the current economic climate I guess many would feel they were unable to commit to a trip abroad at this time. In light of this we are trying to put together as much information/ideas as we can collect and present it to our members, including prices and what options are available to us to see what the interest is.
We have been fortunate to visit Memphis before but for many members it is a far out dream, which we as a fan club would love to be able to make reality.

Thanks and Kind Regards

Mrs Lorna Bulmer
Fan club Administrator

Im sure we will be able to get this off the ground. It has been suggested we have a Memphis 2010 section where we can post stuff about it. Now I think it can work, whether we hold an actual savers club where we get subs into a business bank account and have trustee's or get people to save up themselves and encourage people all the time, giving them an idea of how much to save, etc etc.
As to booking flights, I think that we should leave that up to the individual member. If a group of us would like to book together, which we prob would then we could sort that out between ourselves. That way you arent waiting on people etc etc.
As with the hotel again, one of us could phone up, I dont mind booking it for X amount of people but if deposits are needed then the money would have to be there before we do it, making it clear we wont sub anyone so it doesnt cause fall outs. Give a cut off point for deposits to be in, if by then those who havent sent theres in wont get booked but we can put the details on the Memphis 2010 section with the tariffs so they can book themselves if they so wish.

These are only suggestions but I would love love love this to become a reality. And even if its just a few of us, it doesnt matter, it would just be the ultimate holiday ever!
Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper bloomin awsome work mrs Bulmer Thumbs Thumbs Thumbs now i'm gettin really excited Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

ELVIS WEEK 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELVIS WEEK 2010   ELVIS WEEK 2010 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:04 pm

petemoore wrote:
i for one think this idea is fantastic but to be honest i don't think it will appeal to the majority of the members on here mainly due to the finacial restraints of this present climate. having said that i think it should be posted on the open forum to give member's the chance to join us there i also think that there should be a deadline for people to post ther interest and then move the topic to a section that is for the eye's of those that have agreed to go just like we did for the christmas get together last year and take it from there .would we get a better deal if we did it all as a block booking so to speak ? i think we would need 8 -10months to save up for this .as we would most likely have to pay the full amount about 2month before departure i think you would need a deadline of august this year then get a bank account set up so that all the ones that have agreed to go can start saving . just my thoughts
i agree with you there bud, about the majority of people either wont want to go or cant go due to finances. but as the previous two browser events proved big isnt nessesarly better.with the right people going 4,5,6 couples would make equally a good trip as apose to20 so to speak

Last edited by Garry John on Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

ELVIS WEEK 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELVIS WEEK 2010   ELVIS WEEK 2010 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:30 pm

Lorna wrote:

Quote :

Thanks and Kind Regards

Mrs Lorna Bulmer
Fan club Administrator

ive thought long & hard over the last week since posting this, about how to make it a reality. the above letter that lornie has drafted an sent to the memphis tourist board is bang on to say the least,with the current financial climate being doddgy, & Val pointing out a very valid point that a savings club could indeed open up a can of worms i have come up with this idea...using lorna's above letter we take it to one of the main high street travel agents & propose it to them & see what deal they can offer on a block booking of lets say 40 people ( as i know from other sources that they do do deals & the more people go the better deal they would offer) we state what hotel we want to stay at (as recommended hopefully by the tourist board) then to all intrested people we give a bookin ref which they would take to there home town agent (i.e. thompson) & book it themself there fore being in charge of there own booking & payment but still being 1 big booking in general so as they pay as & when they can afford to.the added benifits to this is you can pay on a weekly basis if wanted & spread the cost over 14 months & although you will have paid 10 weeks prior to departure with thompson you can continue to pay inreturn for travallers cheques a few days before the off & the added benifit to us is we intern have no liability re-moneys.... what do you think Question Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

ELVIS WEEK 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELVIS WEEK 2010   ELVIS WEEK 2010 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 11:28 am

Hi Gary firstly thanks for your hard work on this, the only thing about going to the like of any travel agent is there a middleman so they charge for there service where as doing it direct you save on the charges , also if there is so many tribute artists going we might be able to do a deal with the hotel ie we put on a show in trade for cheaper accomadation ?

If we was to do the orgional idea of a payment club this could work equally as well if you was to use paypal , ie when somone pays they get a receipt from paypal and we have a stament from paypal so we know exactly what has been paid. Going direct to the airline and saying right we need x amount of seats early on in the year you can make a huge saving.

What i would suggest is lets compair prices with travel agents against doing it direct ???? If your unsure that is ? Having been to memphis 3 times its all old hat to me lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

ELVIS WEEK 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELVIS WEEK 2010   ELVIS WEEK 2010 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 6:15 pm

Me and Mike are willing to go. Do you all think you could put up with me for a week Cheer yey , I can only get a couple of pairs of boots in a suitcase.
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

ELVIS WEEK 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELVIS WEEK 2010   ELVIS WEEK 2010 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 9:38 pm

pauldb38 wrote:
Hi Gary firstly thanks for your hard work on this, the only thing about going to the like of any travel agent is there a middleman so they charge for there service where as doing it direct you save on the charges , also if there is so many tribute artists going we might be able to do a deal with the hotel ie we put on a show in trade for cheaper accomadation ?

If we was to do the orgional idea of a payment club this could work equally as well if you was to use paypal , ie when somone pays they get a receipt from paypal and we have a stament from paypal so we know exactly what has been paid. Going direct to the airline and saying right we need x amount of seats early on in the year you can make a huge saving.

What i would suggest is lets compair prices with travel agents against doing it direct ???? If your unsure that is ? Having been to memphis 3 times its all old hat to me lol! lol! lol!
o.k. mr 3 timer... lol! lol! lol! rub it in why dont ya,just coz i'm a virgin affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

ELVIS WEEK 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELVIS WEEK 2010   ELVIS WEEK 2010 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 9:43 pm

val w (Kinky Boots) wrote:
Me and Mike are willing to go. Do you all think you could put up with me for a week Cheer yey , I can only get a couple of pairs of boots in a suitcase.
i could put up with ya both for a month lol! lol! lol! lol! how cool is this. all the usual gang goin on our jollys together to heaven (GRACELAND & MEMPHIS) WHOO HOO. 4 couples intrested already an we aint even put it on the main pages yet cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers flying elvis flying elvis
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081

ELVIS WEEK 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELVIS WEEK 2010   ELVIS WEEK 2010 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 8:51 am

Have had this back from Graceland, yes we have had contact with Graceland lol!
Its not very informative really but has said if we have any questions we can ask away.
Have a read of the below:

Quote :
Hello Mrs. Bulmer,

Our friends at the Memphis Convention & Visitor's Bureau forwarded your email to me since they are having trouble replying to international emails.

There are not specific clubs or venues that have stages where you could have your Elvis tribute artists perform. I do know that the Holiday Inn Select Hotel on Democrat Rd., which is somewhat near Graceland, does have a lounge where you might could accomplish a performance.

Although I don't have a contact there, the hotel's website is www.selectmemphis.com and their phone number is 901-332-1130.

There is also a small cafe near Graceland called Rock 'n Roll Cafe where you might could have a performance as well. Their phone number is 901-398-5692. They sometimes have Joe Kent, an Elvis Tribute Artist perform in their space.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Shirley
Graceland Reservations

I think we should contact the Claroit/Clarion where Paul and I stayed last time as they did have quiet a few rooms, including one called 'Daddys Bar' which they did suggest to Paul he could do a showcase if we came over again. Its not too far from Graceland but its not the be all and end all, I mean, just imagine if it was just us guys going to Memphis Elvis week, We would have a blast! I think we might have some interest on the board too, like Garry says.
Ill have a look at prices this year for hotels as non seems to have Aug 2010 diarys open as yet, same with the airlines. All I can say is get saving peeps.
I reacon a flights will cost us 500 each, but accomodation will be cheap but as I say Ill check that out.
Be back with more info soon - if you have any idea's or info please post it here so we can gather as much as we can before we let it loose on the forum Very Happy:D:D:D
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

ELVIS WEEK 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELVIS WEEK 2010   ELVIS WEEK 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 10:23 am

We also need to decide where everyone wants to stay, do they want to stay near Beale street or near to Graceland. I think near to Graceland, when we stayed in Beale street last year, we kept having to get a taxi to graceland as everything was going on there, but will go with the majority. The hotel with the guitar shaped pool looks really nice.

http://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=04767&as_srp=SP2&cid=carat_search-Days_Inn
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

ELVIS WEEK 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELVIS WEEK 2010   ELVIS WEEK 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 7:38 pm

val w (Kinky Boots) wrote:
We also need to decide where everyone wants to stay, do they want to stay near Beale street or near to Graceland. I think near to Graceland, when we stayed in Beale street last year, we kept having to get a taxi to graceland as everything was going on there, but will go with the majority. The hotel with the guitar shaped pool looks really nice.

http://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=04767&as_srp=SP2&cid=carat_search-Days_Inn
you know what they say "GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE" ive had my eye on this hotel for ages myself, this was the one sean reccomended to me last year Cool Cool Cool but to be honest i'm easy. ( ill be guided by mr 3 times old hat bulmer Haha! Haha! Haha! Cheesey Smile Cheesey Smile Cheesey Smile lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! )
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

ELVIS WEEK 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELVIS WEEK 2010   ELVIS WEEK 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 7:51 pm

I dont mind where we stay, as long as it is not the av park at the back of heartbreak hotel.
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

ELVIS WEEK 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELVIS WEEK 2010   ELVIS WEEK 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 7:14 pm

just wondering ..??? do you think we should now consider posting on main forum to see what intrest there is so as we know how much homework we'll need to do (i.e. if no ones intrested we wont need to go doing a load of research an a big thread so to speak)..????????????but if there is intrest we can get the savings club & sererate forum page up & running & start researching & posting up details & saving lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

ELVIS WEEK 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELVIS WEEK 2010   ELVIS WEEK 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 7:16 pm

Yep, I think it is worth a start. This way we all have plenty of time to save.
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

ELVIS WEEK 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELVIS WEEK 2010   ELVIS WEEK 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 7:48 pm

Go on gary its your baby you rock it lol!
Back to top Go down

ELVIS WEEK 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELVIS WEEK 2010   ELVIS WEEK 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 8:29 pm

go garry go
Back to top Go down

ELVIS WEEK 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELVIS WEEK 2010   ELVIS WEEK 2010 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 7:03 am

i am a little concerned about the postings paulshookup has put up with regard to his vegas holiday in june looks like this is going to clash with our idea of the memphis bash there is no way people are going to be able to go to both of these and is paul going to be mift that we have put our bash up . i didn't realise that paul had this idea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ELVIS WEEK 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELVIS WEEK 2010   ELVIS WEEK 2010 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ELVIS WEEK 2010
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next