WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv

Go down 
+2
dave dynamite
Rossvegas
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rossvegas
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Rossvegas

Number of posts : 1073
Registration date : 2009-05-22

Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv Empty
PostSubject: Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv   Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:49 am

BBC 2 Wales Sky channel 991
Thursday 7:00pm
A look at the Elvis Porthcawl Festival, during which the seaside town is transformed into a veritable Elvisfest.
Tracking some of the performers as they pay tribute to the king
Back to top Go down
dave dynamite
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
dave dynamite

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv   Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 1:17 pm

cant watch rossy be too much for me im not there Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv 343521 Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv 343521 Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv 343521 Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv 343521
dave dynamite Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv Icon_king
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/davedynamite1
Rossvegas
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Rossvegas

PostSubject: Re: Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv   Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 1:20 pm

never knew about it wish i was there lol
Back to top Go down
dave dynamite
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
dave dynamite

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv   Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 1:27 pm

we will go next year rossy you could pick me up on the way down Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv Lol Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv Lol Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv Lol
you could always go to to the sister event next month in ireland
dave dynamite Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv Icon_king
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/davedynamite1
Rossvegas
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Rossvegas

PostSubject: Re: Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv   Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 1:28 pm

yeah sounds like a plan bud ma bruv i northampton would go too
Back to top Go down
LISA
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
LISA

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv   Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 12:02 am

after watching the programme my exact words were 'another program to try to ridicule eta's and fans'. This is not saying that the people on the program were good/bad/funny/etc, its saying how the programme was put together!! It did not show how the eta world is a proffessional world (in most cases) and that the eta's take pride in what they do. Yes Portcawl is fun and the festival goers have a great time, but the topic is about the programme. And i also agree some comments were not nice, and to be honest Chris was a little shocked when he saw/heard!

Back to the subject, For instance i had many many emails from the bbc production team asking to interview chris as they had heard he had won the images title at porthcawl and that he represented the uk in Memphis and came 2nd, so they said he would be perfect to film for the show. They also said 'after looking at his website his look to Elvis is unbelievable' (there words.) I was then emailed and asked could they film Chris whilst he was dressing, and whilst he was putting on his wig and makeup! I replied with an abrupt no, and verified that chris does not wear a wig, and does not go through lots of makeup time etc. At this point i started to wonder what type of image the team wanted to potray!

Whilst myself and Chris were at Portcawl i continued to get messages from Anona the bbc lady asking for interview times. Chris was interviewed in a dressing room before he went on stage with red alert, and we were filmed whilst talking together, and chris was filmed whilst performing in my opinion his greatest show to date at the pavillion with red alert.[/size]
[/b][/b]

However after all correspondance and filming Chris did not appear once!!! and so didnt many great shows! in alll that air time that could have shown alot more acts and shows, but chose not to! No body thinks they are elvis! They want to keep his memory alive, NOT ridicule it! They filmed more non eta's with big massive joke wigs on than real eta's!!! what does that tell you! I didnt like the programme at all, and sorry if people think i am wrong its my opinion. Even before I met Chris i was passionate about elvis's memory and reputation, its nothing to do with being with chris.
Back to top Go down
LISA
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
LISA

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv   Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 12:07 am

and by the way does it mean also that 'once past 42 you should give up' a tad unfair! there are plenty of eta's past 42 who do a great job! Because elvis died at 42 does it mean eta's have to!!! Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv Icon_rolleyes
loose lips sinks ships comes to mind!

lisa x
Back to top Go down
Rossvegas
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Rossvegas

PostSubject: Re: Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv   Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 10:23 am

Thats the Magic (not) of television
i took part in a TV program back in Febuary
i was promised the name and memory of Elvis would not be tarnished.
On the day this looked true we was Extras in a program (i say we there was a few ETAs there the rest were just merley extras with cheap nasty wigs and jumpsuits) The plot was we were acting as if we was at one of thise events like at Porthcawl we were walking about having a drink and talking to other Elvis fans.
Wasnt till i seen the show after editing i was shocked to hear the dialouge was very disrespectful towards Elvis ive tried to get in touch with the producer who hired me for the day but his email no longer works suprise suprise.
A few etas have seen this program and ive lost alot of respect from them for appearing in it even though i had no idea what was going on.

its a great Lesson to us all as Amature and proffesional ETAs to never step infront of a TV Camarea unless you are 110% sure what is being filmed.
Back to top Go down
ian
Knocking On Gracelands Door
Knocking On Gracelands Door
ian

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv   Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:59 am

Hi Lisa,
Well i used to get all that and still do, Do i wear a wig, am i miming, its just pat off being an ETA, i remember Layton Sommers walking out when we did a radio interview, and Jim White never held back and told them where to go and stick the camra's, some can be ok and some take the piss,
And i always used to say i would pack it in when i reached 40, but the phone still rings and i am 63 and can still sing hound dog like i did all those years ago and still got my hair, and sick of dying it to, well me and Steve get our buss pass in Feb Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv Icon_biggrin hope your well and give my best to Chris.
Ian
Billy Dean
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv   Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 5:17 pm

Nobody should give up anything they want to do, no matter what there age, look at me I am just 21 and still going strong lol! . I watched the show also. It did seem to show only the people in those rubber wigs and time and dedication ETA's put in. Why do they always assume everyone wears a wig and makeup? I am not sure but I think there was about 5 seconds of Chris, he was stood at the bar.

Maybe there should be a programme put together by the ETA's to show the hard work and the cost they put in. Unfortunatley we won't get away from the film producers who just want to make a 'programme', no matter what. Maybe the people who run portcawl can speak to the producers about the programme.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm King
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Malcolm King

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv   Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 6:23 pm

LISA wrote:
and by the way does it mean also that 'once past 42 you should give up' a tad unfair! there are plenty of eta's past 42 who do a great job! Because elvis died at 42 does it mean eta's have to!!! Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv Icon_rolleyes
loose lips sinks ships comes to mind!

lisa x

I hope not!!! means I've only got a year left before I'm over the hill Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.malcolmking.com
Malcolm King
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Malcolm King

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv   Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 6:51 pm

I know a lot of people didn't rate the BBC show, but for those that missed it, I'll be hosting it for a while, so you can have a look and make up yer own mind.

BBC Wales Porthcawl
Back to top Go down
http://www.malcolmking.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv   Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elvis @ Porthcawl on tv
Page 1 of 1