WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Last Stop in Mobile

Go down 
AuthorMessage
danusia
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
danusia

Number of posts : 2967
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Last Stop in Mobile Empty
PostSubject: Last Stop in Mobile   Last Stop in Mobile Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 9:44 pm

Last Stop in Mobile

Soon to be released is the latest production from “Rainbow Records” import label. This release will feature the complete performance of Elvis Presley´s very last concert in Mobile, Alabama - recorded June 2nd, 1977.

From the press-release:

There were several reasons why this show was chosen for a release. First of all – it had to be unreleased. Second, the show should contain some interesting, unusual material, maybe a rare version of a seldom performed song? Another important aspect was to find a tape that has a listenable, decent sound quality for an audience recording. This is why we chose Elvis´ final visit in the state of Alabama as our newest cd project.
Last Stop in Mobile Cd_laststop_mobileAlthough Elvis was clearly not in best shape regarding his physical appearance his voice was strong and powerful as always on this closing show of his second to last concert tour. “An American Trilogy” which Elvis included to his setlist rather surprisingly or the performance of “You Gave Me A Mountain”, “Help Me” and “Hurt” prove that his spirit and feeling for many of his songs was still there. All in all you will get a nearly perfect overview of what Elvis was able to deliver to his audience on June 2nd, 1977.
Don’t miss this release. You will get another classy CD from Rainbow Records. By the way: Needless to say that its booklet will feature great liner notes with a lot of information regarding the event on 20 pages in full colour!
Tracklisting:

01 - Also Sprach Zarathustra 02 - See See Rider 03 - I Got A Woman / Amen 04 - Love Me 05 - If You Love Me (Let Me Know) 06 - You Gave Me A Mountain 07 - Jailhouse Rock 08 - O Sole Mio / It ´s Now Or Never 09 - Help Me 10 - An American Trilogy 11 - Polk Salad Annie 12 - Band Introductions 13 - Early Morning Rain 14 – What ´d I Say 15 - Johnny B. Goode 16 - Drum Solo by Ronnie Tutt 17 - Bass Solo by Jerry Scheff 18 - Piano Solo by Tony Brown 19 - I Really Don´t Want To Know 20 - Electric Piano Solo by Bobby Ogdin 21 - Hail! Hail! Rock´n´ Roll! 22 - Hurt 23 - Hound Dog 24 - Unchained Melody 25 – Can´t Help Faling In Love 26 - Closing Vamp 27 - Announcement by Ed Hill

Source: For CD Collectors Only / Updated: Nov 27, 2009
Back to top Go down

Last Stop in Mobile
Page 1 of 1