WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not.

Go down 
+2
TCBDavid
Sophie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sophie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Sophie

Number of posts : 2545
Registration date : 2007-08-02

Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not. Empty
PostSubject: Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not.   Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 1:05 pm

I guess this is a kind of poll....if i can manage how to do it Basketball Basketball

Elvis made was it 33 films? A lot anyway, lets face it most of them were total tosh, but do you regret that Elvis made them?
Back to top Go down
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2010-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not.   Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:33 pm

even the bad elvis films were quite alot of fun and whilst they werent the quality he wanted its what we have got so i think we should be grateful the exist at all
Back to top Go down
johnny king
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
johnny king

Number of posts : 252

PostSubject: Re: Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not.   Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Only way I had of seeing him when I was a kid, except for a couple of record covers

Movies? cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnnyking.net
Fraser
Rocking in Lauderdale
Rocking in Lauderdale

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not.   Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 4:55 pm

I dont think its up to us to "regret" - who are we to judge ! He may or may not of regretted doing them - I dont know. But like so many other people of my age - it was a way of seeing him on the television, hearing his music in a fun way. Some of the films may well have been a little silly but they brought the man to my living room during those long school holidays and I'm grateful for that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not.   Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:25 pm

I so wished he had done A Star is Born would have been great Smile I dont mind the movies after all i not tottally bothered about the plot moreover watching Elvis Smile obviously Elvis deserved better scripts that stretched him more but as much as people sometimes put down the movies and stuff and the amounts of songs in them etc there was some really great songs that came out of those movies, just my opinion Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not.   Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 8:46 pm

Personally I love most of Elvis' movies, they give ya that feel good factor & not forgetting some superb soundtracks! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sophie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Sophie

Number of posts : 2545

PostSubject: Re: Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not.   Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 4:06 pm

I say regret as Im sure you know Elvis himself regretted making some of the more less popular of his movies. He didnt train as an actor, so I think all things considered the films are ok. Not memorable, but ok for fun.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not.   Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 8:19 pm

It was a bad business and career move at the time for Elvis to do so many films, mostly quite bad and tacky but the formula worked cause it was Elvis.

Looking back today, im glad they were done cause most of the entire footage we have of Elvis from 1954-1977 comes from the films.
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not.   Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 4:12 pm

I never watched any of his movies... Embarassed
Even i am a very big Elvisfan, i just dont like them..
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/

PostSubject: Re: Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not.   Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:35 pm

you never know till you watch them essie.. try change of habit, i bet you will like it!
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

PostSubject: Re: Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not.   Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:59 pm

Mwaaaaahhhh, no thank you! Whistle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not.   Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 9:14 pm

mwaaahhhh yes lol... ok king creole - or maybe you could be tempted into live a little love a little nice elvis in the shower scene essie Wink
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

PostSubject: Re: Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not.   Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 9:19 pm

Nope, even not when he is taking a shower, Michelle. hahaha It is just not for me..
I like him much better from '68 and on.
Specialy in the 70's!!! Yeah text
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not.   Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 9:40 pm

change of habit i believe was after 68 Smile go on essie go on essie hehe xx
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

PostSubject: Re: Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not.   Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 9:59 pm

Still wont watch it.. haha I looove his performences and his shows, realy!! You can waike me up in the middle of the night, to watch a show!! Hello baby
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not.   Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 10:29 pm

hmmmm gonna have to tie you to the chair and make you watch if ever i come visit hehe xx
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

PostSubject: Re: Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not.   Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 11:35 am

HAHAHA Well, that can take forever!! haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not.   Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elvis' Films-Do You Regret He Made Them Or Not.
Page 1 of 1